Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away Era, Week 34

opry051008

Tee, you know I had to include some Carrie! I'm just happy that she is listening to Carrie. My husband picked her and my stepson up yesterday (we get to keep them through NYE), and he told me yesterday afternoon that he thought she was listenting to Carrie more than Taylor. He said she would flip through her songs on her iPod until she found a Carrie song. So, she is coming around! :D

You should have taken her to the BA concert. That would have won her over for sure. :)

teesharky

I know I always wish more- lol-- but 58k is very good considering the album was not very well stocked at any store.

She should hit 1.2 million in a few weeks. :)

carebear4eva

Unfortunately, no sales numbers for BA thus far. My guess is 226k (sales of #1 song) x 0.17 (average iTunes number for BA last week) = 38k. Numbers will probably be reported tomorrow.

Read the 226k - heart leaped (OMG! MONSTER!!)

Then reality :p

Eder Rodrigues

^ Based on this numbers Blown Away can sell 120/130k, Good Girl around 50/55k and TBC around 30/35k

Much better than I expected :)

DizzyDollyDee

I love love TBC - another one of Carrie's unique songs and really thought it would fly up even faster and sell even more but maybe people are looking for those country love songs or truck songs - go figure. I know she is doing awesome but to me the song is beyond awesome!ha BA and TBC have got to be two of my all time favorites - maybe thats saying I like dark? hummmmmmmmm

Eder Rodrigues

Blown Away is still very strong on streaming/digital. That's the reason why TBC it's not huge yet.
I must say, I don't wanna see TBC topping airplay charts too fast. It will be better if the song increase and stabilize at the same level in airplay/downloads/streaming.

clh_hilary

I'm so glad I don't have to buy Bruno Mars' "Locked Out of Heaven" this week as an attempt to block "I Knew You Were Trouble." from getting number one!

Ty

So Double platnium is looking more like a real possiblility.
What do you think?
I bet it gets certified double platinum but I'm thinking it'll probably top out at around 1.8 million. Which is fantastic, especially for a non-Q4 release.

Eder Rodrigues

Albums
Blown Away (58,000, +42%, 1.166.000)
Some Hearts (5,000, +42%, 7.283.000)
Carnival Ride (4,000, +56%, 3.303.000)

Tracks
Blown Away (35,000, +20%, 1.500.000)
Two Black Cadillacs (19,000, +30%, 99.000)
Good Girl (9,000, +31%, 1.468.000)
Before He Cheats (7,000, +13%, 3.633.000)
How Great Thou Art (3,000, +15%, 392.000)