Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away Era, Week 34

Kizmet311

Lots of little girls are getting that dang Red cd in their stockings from Santa this year. So annoying,

I must admit - we got my 10yo stepdaughter an iPod for Christmas with Red pre-loaded onto it. As well as a Taylor Swift calendar. She was absolutely thrilled and the look on her face when she saw that her iPod magically came with all of Taylor's albums was priceless. :) We were going to get her tickets to see Taylor in concert (I've taken her once already), but the $35 seats were in the nosebleeds and we couldn't afford the good seats since we had already bought the iPod. Rest assured, though, that her iPod also has quality music including all of Carrie's CDs, David Nail (who she loves because she got to meet him), and Luke Bryan. She was listening to her iPod in the car and I could hear the music from her headphones and she was listening to Blown Away. She told me she was listening to Songs Like This on Christmas Eve. So, I have managed to have a little influence on her. But she loves Taylor and I'm not going to rain on her parade by talking bad about Taylor in front of her. Whatever makes her happy. :)

Someday Tee, you'll do the same thing when your kids like a singer that is just awful. Hopefully it won't still be Taylor at that point, lol.

Schrodinger

I must admit - we got my 10yo stepdaughter an iPod for Christmas with Red pre-loaded onto it. As well as a Taylor Swift calendar. She was absolutely thrilled and the look on her face when she saw that her iPod magically came with all of Taylor's albums was priceless. :) We were going to get her tickets to see Taylor in concert (I've taken her once already), but the $35 seats were in the nosebleeds and we couldn't afford the good seats since we had already bought the iPod. Rest assured, though, that her iPod also has quality music including all of Carrie's CDs, David Nail (who she loves because she got to meet him), and Luke Bryan. She was listening to her iPod in the car and I could hear the music from her headphones and she was listening to Blown Away. She told me she was listening to Songs Like This on Christmas Eve. So, I have managed to have a little influence on her. But she loves Taylor and I'm not going to rain on her parade by talking bad about Taylor in front of her. Whatever makes her happy. :)

Someday Tee, you'll do the same thing when your kids like a singer that is just awful. Hopefully it won't still be Taylor at that point, lol.

My grand daughter got an MP3 player for Christmas. It had a load of songs, but not one TayTay and it never will. Neither her grandfather nor her dad would ever approve of it...shudder. When she is old enough to earn money to buy her own music, then she can load whatever craptastic music she wants.

clh_hilary

Trivia: Three of the Christmas week #1's were/will be owned by Country Legend Taylor Swift with her classic Country albums "Fearless", "Speak Now" and very soon "Red". Interestingly, all these three weeks are the ONLY three weeks where the Christmas #1 album did/does not sell over 300.000 copies. To compare, we had Whitney Houston moving a million copies, Garth Brooks closing into a million, and Michael Buble last year clocking in almost half a million copies during their respective weeks.

Marie2011

Since monday was Christmas eve and Tuesday was Christmas are we going to get album sales today from hitsdailydouble or wait until next week to know how mang copies ba sold last week and this week and if that is the case then i want ba to have sold at least 100k if the hits final update is for two weeks and not one week plus it being around christmas time and with ba being on sale on itunes.

Daraebe

Since monday was Christmas eve and Tuesday was Christmas are we going to get album sales today from hitsdailydouble or wait until next week to know how mang copies ba sold last week and this week and if that is the case then i want ba to have sold at least 100k if the hits final update is for two weeks and not one week plus it being around christmas time and with ba being on sale on itunes.

Billboard numbers will be released tomorrow and next week they will be released on the 3rd

jbrown

Hi. It's nice to see you here at CF again because we havent seen you here for a very long time. How is your new baby? I bet you're enjoying motherhood these days. Hopefully you will be able to watch the BA concert next year.

AdamJ

What are the total sales of BA to date? Anyone know? Thanks. Hope all had a good Christmas and have a very happy, healthy new year.

teesharky

^Total sales of BA are 1.107 million or something close to that....not including this week's sales which should be reported tomorrow hopefully. :)

I hate when HDD is down. lol

^^ Kizmet-- I am so happy you included Carrie songs on her little ipod. :) YAY! We can still get the children to give Carrie a chance too. It is not all about TayTay after all. lol

Kizmet311

Hi. It's nice to see you here at CF again because we havent seen you here for a very long time. How is your new baby? I bet you're enjoying motherhood these days. Hopefully you will be able to watch the BA concert next year.

Hi! It's nice to be back to CF. I have a new job and a little more freedom so I might be able to post a little bit more now. Once I get home, it's all about the baby! :) She is doing well, she is just over 4 months old now, and we had a wonderful time with her 1st Christmas. I posted a thread somewhere a little while ago telling about how things were going, as she had to have heart surgery to repair a defect when she was about 3 weeks old.

I actually went to the Louisville, KY BA concert back in September. I had bought the tickets when they went on sale and even though I hated being away from my daughter for the evening, I think it was good for me to get out with friends. The concert was amazing!

Kizmet311

^Total sales of BA are 1.107 million or something close to that....not including this week's sales which should be reported tomorrow hopefully. :)

I hate when HDD is down. lol

^^ Kizmet-- I am so happy you included Carrie songs on her little ipod. :) YAY! We can still get the children to give Carrie a chance too. It is not all about TayTay after all. lol

Tee, you know I had to include some Carrie! I'm just happy that she is listening to Carrie. My husband picked her and my stepson up yesterday (we get to keep them through NYE), and he told me yesterday afternoon that he thought she was listenting to Carrie more than Taylor. He said she would flip through her songs on her iPod until she found a Carrie song. So, she is coming around! :D

Pi314CA

Sales numbers are starting to come in. No Carrie numbers yet. Here is the top 10 albums for the past week from a ChartWatch article:

The Top Five: Taylor Swift’s Red holds at #1 for the sixth week in its ninth week (276K). It has ranked in the top two the entire time... T.I.’s Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head debuts at #2 (179K). This is his sixth top five album… Bruno Mars’ Unorthodox Jukebox dips from #2 to #3 in its second week (178K)… One Direction’s Take Me Home holds at #4 for the third week in its sixth week (177K). This is its sixth week in the top five… Michael Buble’s Christmas drops from #3 to #5 in its 19th week (148K). This is its 13th week in the top 10.

The Second Five: Rod Stewart’s Merry Christmas, Baby dips from #5 to #6 in its eighth week (113K). This is its eighth week in the top 10… Phillip Phillips’ The World From The Side Of The Moon holds at #7 for the second week in its fifth week (98K). This is its fifth week in the top 10…Mumford & Sons’ Babel jumps from #11 to #8 in its 13th week (93K). This is its eighth week in the top 10… 12-12-12: The Concert For Sandy Relief debuts at #9 (82K)…Now 44 rebounds from #12 to #10 in its seventh week (80K). This is its third week in the top 10.

Four albums drop out of the top 10 this week. The Game’s Jesus Piece dives from #6 to #37…Blake Shelton’s Cheers, It’s Christmas drops from #8 to #16… Alicia Keys’ Girl On Fire drops from #9 to #12…Lady Antebellum’s On This Winter’s Night dips from #10 to #11.