Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away Era, Week 36

nccountrygal

I'm surprised TBC hasn't sold very much so far. Is it still possible for it to eventually go platinum? I'm assuming it is, since it's not yet in the top 10 on radio, but its already had one high profile TV performance, and I'm not sure it will get another to boost sales (since Carrie will probably be moving onto single #4 by the time the ACMs roll around).

Now would be a good time for a TV performance of TBC. Maybe she will be on Ellen or Kelly and Michael soon. Actually it would be nice to see her on Saturday Night Live again. She is on break from touring for a while so maybe there are plans for her to be on one of these shows soon. Actually the sales would probably get a nice boost if the video would come out already.

Pi314CA

I'm surprised TBC hasn't sold very much so far. Is it still possible for it to eventually go platinum? I'm assuming it is, since it's not yet in the top 10 on radio, but its already had one high profile TV performance, and I'm not sure it will get another to boost sales (since Carrie will probably be moving onto single #4 by the time the ACMs roll around).

I haven't compared TBC to other 3rd singles from Carrie's previous albums, but I think it is selling okay. It's so early, but I think TBC will eventually go platinum, especially with some Hot AC spins after its country chart run.

By the time ACMs roll around, TBC may just be or just have reached #1. ACMs are about 12 weeks away. There is at least 8 weeks worth of #1's ahead of Carrie (ZBB, Randy, Gary Allan, Jason (2 wks), TBP (2 wks), Tim). So, I can envision Carrie performing TBC at the ACMs.

NC State Carrie Fan

I'm gonna make a prediction! By the ACM's (Or First Week In April) Two Black Cadillacs will be at 500k, Good Girl will be a 1.675k, and Blown Away will be at 1.950k!

Manchs

I think BA will get there first, in about 8 weeks. Then, CC, about 4 weeks later.

I'm not too sure. This week sales will probably be under 25k... I think under 30k is almost certain. It will probably just go down from here... A performance at the Grammys would really help lol

thunder92

I'm not too sure. This week sales will probably be under 25k... I think under 30k is almost certain. It will probably just go down from here... A performance at the Grammys would really help lol

under 25k? It was selling 35k before the post holiday bump. And the post holiday bump is still in effect. Not to the level it was before, but its still there

Manchs

under 25k? It was selling 35k before the post holiday bump. And the post holiday bump is still in effect. Not to the level it was before, but its still there

I don't think it was selling 35k before the holiday bump. It was just the week before. It's unusual for songs to get a boost the week before Christmas. IIRC, in every year, songs would fall the week before Chritsmas to get a huge boost after.

BA last few week sales:

44k - 44k - 31k - 29k - 28k - 35k

I believe the boost was due to Christmas. And sales are really high this week for everybody, I believe they will go down next week. Wit everyone sales going down and considering Blown Away is "plummeting" on iTunes, I expect it sell under 30k.

CarrieFan928

I'm so glad Carrie is about to add two more songs to her list of multi-plantinum songs! Those two songs along with JTTW and BHC are among my all-time favorite Carrie songs. They deserve that success so much. I remember it was only a while ago that BHC was her only multi-platinum single. I know it was discounted last week, which caused the huge increase in sales, but I think it can eventually hit 4 million. Does anyone know when it crossed 3 million?

Two Black Cadillacs is currently at #69 on iTunes. I don't think it'll hit platinum soon since it moved up the charts so fast. It won't be too long before it enters the top 10. Then, like most country singles it'll fall quickly on radio. That's why it's better to have a slow run and make people familiar with the song or change their minds if they hated it initially. Also, TBC is a bit of a slower and darker song, which probably doesn't attract pop fans. I think like most of her Carnival Ride singles it'll be around 850k by the end of its run and slowly cross 1 million as time goes on.

TOPDOG1001

TBC is a bit slow, and I know it's weird to complain about this, but going so fast on the charts doesn't help its digital sales. lol

carebear4eva

I'm so glad Carrie is about to add two more songs to her list of multi-plantinum songs! Those two songs along with JTTW and BHC are among my all-time favorite Carrie songs. They deserve that success so much. I remember it was only a while ago that BHC was her only multi-platinum single. I know it was discounted last week, which caused the huge increase in sales, but I think it can eventually hit 4 million. Does anyone know when it crossed 3 million?

Two Black Cadillacs is currently at #69 on iTunes. I don't think it'll hit platinum soon since it moved up the charts so fast. It won't be too long before it enters the top 10. Then, like most country singles it'll fall quickly on radio. That's why it's better to have a slow run and make people familiar with the song or change their minds if they hated it initially. Also, TBC is a bit of a slower and darker song, which probably doesn't attract pop fans. I think like most of her Carnival Ride singles it'll be around 850k by the end of its run and slowly cross 1 million as time goes on.

Which is a shame, because it's a much better song than BA.

Oneal

I think the lack of exposure of TBC as far as TV is hurting the sales and it's already high on the charts with no video. Honestly the video should have been out a month ago IMO.

clh_hilary

At this moment it certainly doesn't look like "Two Black Cadillacs" is getting anything more than Platinum. But the video & a big live performance could change things big time. Katy Perry's "Firework", Lady GaGa's "Bad Romance", Rihanna's "We Found Love" (Featuring Calvin Harris), PSY's "Gangnam Style", etc. all really took off only after their videos got released. It's just usually that doesn't happen to Country singles.

teesharky

Her team needs to keep a full page ad up for the video on itunes for a week. Sick of splitting weeks on itunes with Miranda for her videos. Give Carrie a whole week!

teesharky

Based on RM selling 7k last week and the -45%, that means RM sold about 13k during the Christmas week of iTunes gift card redemptions. So, if RM sold 13k, then CC probably sold 8k-9k (based on relative iTunes rankings). That puts CC at around 3k-3.5k in weekly sales.

The last sales numbers for CC was 1933k. Add 3k per week plus 9k for Christmas week, and the current total is around 1955k-1965k. So maybe 2x Platinum in 10-15 weeks! :)

sweet! I really want CC to go 2x platinum so bad!

PRGuy79

Another great week of album and single sales! I can't wait for the release of the TBC video. I have no doubt that this will create an enormous amount of buzz and help to dramatically boost digital sales.

Ty

TBC's entire release has been kind of weird w/ regards to timing (delay of the video only adds to this). I feel like maybe they should've just stuck w/ BA 'til after the holidays? That probably would've been entirely too long of a wait, though. IDK, I just feel like timing has really affected TBC's digital presence - it got a little lost in-the-shuffle.

Pi314CA

Exact sales numbers for Carrie:

Albums:
BLOWN AWAY: TW=23,277, -37%, LW=36,916, Total=1,226,056 (888,892 physical albums)
PLAY ON: 1,765, -47%, 3,351, 2,167,960
SOME HEARTS: 1,678, -51%, 3,391, 7,287,920

Singles:
BLOWN AWAY: 58,636, -57%, 135,675, 1,694,722
TWO BLACK CADILLACS: 32,071, -31%, 46,483, 177,703
GOOD GIRL: 25,370, -57%, 58,360, 1,552,186
BEFORE HE CHEATS: 14,469, -49%, 28,482, 3,676,000