Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away Era, Week 37

Manchs

Blown Away is doing great. As thunger92 said, January is terrible for album sales. PO was selling 11k/12k around July/August, which is a better period for sales and Undo It was close to peaking. It's also worth noting that Play On was already selling 11k in its 23rd, 24th week (April). It had a good sales bump because of promo. Let's not forgot albums used to sell a bit more three years ago. :p We still have the TBC video, some performances (I'm hoping for Grammys and the ACMs) and TBC is still young. Blown Away will eventually top PO sales.

pklongbeach

I think sales this era is just so different. IT is really hard to compare it to anything.
I also think that "Itunes albums going on sale" is a blessing and a curse.
It does add numbers to your totals and gets the album into peoples hands which is great.
But over time the whole idea of buying albums cheap for a limited time on itunes depresses the value of the item.
The casual fan might wait for it to on sale again or just over look it to "see if it goes cheap again".
IDK, it just seems that it is great in some ways, but blows out the value of it over time.
Anyway, 10,000 after 8 months is still great sales.
We are just so used to Carrie selling better than average that when she becomes average, we feel like we are in trouble.
We are solidly well past platnium. So I am happy.
IF the label wanted to, they could continue to really promote. But I think they are starting to wind down on it.
I just don't think they have to money to push year old albums anymore.
I wish they had not waited for the video.
But as soon as we get past TBC, I think teh next single is going to be extremely improtant.
It can either bring BA to life or bring it to rest.

pklongbeach

Blown Away is doing great. As thunger92 said, January is terrible for album sales. PO was selling 11k/12k around July/August, which is a better period for sales and Undo It was close to peaking. It's also worth noting that Play On was already selling 11k in its 23rd, 24th week (April). It had a good sales bump because of promo. Let's not forgot albums used to sell a bit more three years ago. :p We still have the TBC video, some performances (I'm hoping for Grammys and the ACMs) and TBC is still young. Blown Away will eventually top PO sales.
I love it. I hope your right.

JB172

Exactly, album sales are what they are and for the most part looks like they will continue to move downward.

Pi314CA

From roughstock.com:

LW TW Artist Album Sales TW Sales Total

3 4 Taylor Swift Red 50,000 3,225,000

25 21 Florida Georgia Line Here's To The Good Times 18,000 220,000

27 25 Luke Bryan Tailgates & Tanlines 16,000 1,792,000

28 26 Music of Nashville Original Soundtrack Vol 1 16,000 156,000

30 27 Little Big Town Tornado 16,000 639,000

26 28 Jason Aldean Night Train 16,000 1,060,000

32 33 Hunter Hayes Hunter Hayes 12,000 544,000

31 35 Eric Church Chief 12,000 1,338,000

22 40 Carrie Underwood Blown Away 11,000 1,237,000

41 55 Zac Brown Band Uncaged 7,000 740,000

86 81 Lee Brice Hard 2 Love 5,000 313,000

107 101 Brantley Gilbert Halfway To Heaven 4,000 800,000

123 103 Miranda Lambert Four The Record 4,000 707,000

132 122 Aaron Lewis The Road 4,000 65,000

Manchs

Carrie Underwood, Blown Away (11,000, -53%, 1.237 million) (40 BB200)
Carrie Underwood, Play On (1,000, -22%, 2.169 million)
Carrie Underwood, Some Hearts (1,000, -23%, 7.289 million)

Carrie Underwood, Blown Away (36,000, -39%, 1.731 million)
Carrie Underwood, Two Black Cadillacs (30,000, -6%, 208,000)
Carrie Underwood, Good Girl (15,000, -42%, 1.567 million)
Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats (6,000, -60%, 3.682 million)
Carrie Underwood, How Great Thou Art (2,000, -9%, 400,000)

Glad to see Blown Away selling more than I thought. :)

carebear4eva

Finally we get another 2x Platinum song! Would it be optimism to the point of foolishness to hope for 3x in the future? :)

NC State Carrie Fan

Blown Away is now Carrie's 4th most successful single since it passed Remind Me!
3.Cowboy Casanova - 1,933,000
4.Blown Away - 1,731,000
5.Remind Me - 1,726,000
I eventually think Blown Away will make it all the way and pass Jesus Take The Wheel! But that may take a while...but just think we're only about 350k away!!!

thunder92

Blown Away is now Carrie's 4th most successful single since it passed Remind Me!
3.Cowboy Casanova - 1,933,000
4.Blown Away - 1,731,000
5.Remind Me - 1,726,000
I eventually think Blown Away will make it all the way and pass Jesus Take The Wheel! But that may take a while...but just think we're only about 350k away!!!

If BA were to get a performance at the Grammys it should get there in no time. Either way it's still selling pretty well

teesharky

CC has sold more then 1.933 hasn't it? i thought we were much closer to 2x plat for CC then that. are those recent Cowboy Casanovia numbers? seems outdated. tx

What happened to Luke bryan this week to give him such a boost and carrie such a drop? I know the itunes sale ending hurt carrie this week- but why is luke so high? Usually carrie passes luke.

Last edited:

Manchs

Exactly! It may take 7 years but I think we can get to 3x Platinum!

Maybe. It's her best shot to get another 3x platinum song... until a new single explodes.

CC has sold more then 1.933 gasn't it? i thought we were much closer to 2x plat for CC then that. are those recent Cowboy Casanovia numbers? seems outdated. tx

What happened to Luke bryan this week to give him such a boost and carrie such a drop? I know the itunes sale ending hurt carrie this week- but why is luke so high? Usually carrie passes luke.

It has, those numbers are from 6 weeks ago. :) Pi made his estimations of how much CC had sold... I think last week. I think he said CC had sold probably around 1.955~1.960M.

I don't think the "problem" is Luke. I think the "problem" is Carrie. Just look at the charts... Luke, Eric, LBT, Hunter, they all outsold Carrie this week. The album has to slow down some day, unfortunately lol

opry051008

^ lol I was ok with the numbers until I saw Luke and Eric's. lol I usually look at their numbers every week as they have been running in par with Carrie. So it sucks they pulled ahead this week.

I agree it sucks. But look at Carrie's numbers compared to Jason's, that'll cheer you up. :)

^^ Yay for HGTA!

yehchern

surprise at HGTA...it consistently sell 2 k per week....if then we'll need just another year to get another Gold certification =D