Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away, week 20

Manchs

Mumford and Sons are not big sellers are they? I expect Taylor to pass us in one week sadly, but Mumford and Sons are not big sellers. Or am I mistaken?

Their last album has sold over 2.5 million. HDD has been calling ~600k for their new album first week of release.

Manchs

Dave Matthews Band opened with 424,000 on their last album. So it was expected they would open higher than Carrie.

Mumford and Sons last album has sold 2,350,000.

HITS Daily Double: Upcoming Releases

In Carrie's first week, HDD said she would open with 273k, but SS numbers stood at 267k. Now, HDD says Dave Matthews Band has sold 271k first week. They still can open with smaller numbers. Considering PO opened with 318k and DMB's last album opened with 424k, Carrie was the more consistent one. I think I'll take it :D

ETA: Got Mumford and Sons real sales: 129 glsn 31 26 32 mumford & sons sigh no more 10,540 -5 11,074 2,424,451

teesharky

Wow nice numbers for Mumford. I actually think they will drop off a bit this time though as they are no longer the Hot New Band that they were last era.

teesharky

I wonder how the battle next week will be between Pink and my sweet lil home town girl Carly Rae Jepsen will go.

I saw Carly on Ellen and she did really well singing live. Kudos to her for being one of the few exceptions to the rule for pop singers today in her ability to sing live.

This is why reality tv shows should not be snubbed so much. Most of the singers are much better coming from these shows, then actual pop stars out there.

exception-- Pink, Adele, Lady Gaga, etc. Kelly Clarkson is from a reality show so she is another one who proves my point. :)

Last edited:

huggablebri

I saw Carly on Ellen and she did really well singing live. Kudos to her for being one of the few exceptions to the rule for pop singers today in her ability to sing live.

This is why reality tv shows should not be snubbed so much. Most of the singers are much better coming from these shows, then actual pop stars out there.

exception-- Pink, Adele, etc. Kelly Clarkson is from a reality show so she is another one who proves my point. :)

Well I gotta support Carly. She was born in the same small town as myself Mission BC Canada.:) Small town girl makes big.

carebear4eva

exception-- Pink, Adele, etc. Kelly Clarkson is from a reality show so she is another one who proves my point. :)

Kindly add GaGa to your list of exceptions, or I shall surgically remove your vital organs.

opry051008

Well I gotta support Carly. She was born in the same small town as myself Mission BC Canada.:) Small town girl makes big.

I love her and I voted for her on Idol but I have to admit, I don't like this pop fluff stuff she's doing now. But I guess she's got to grab opportunity while she can. I'm still wishing her all the best. Now if only Hedley would catch on in the US I would be really happy. :)

teesharky

Kindly add GaGa to your list of exceptions, or I shall surgically remove your vital organs.

ha ha of course. You know I love Gaga.

I did put "etc"-- to indicate more people on the list. lol

I was just lazy and didn't feel like listing them all. (though it is a pretty short list- lol)

opry051008

I was just lazy and didn't feel like listing them all. (though it is a pretty short list- lol)

Does that make you and carebear4eva, Little Care Bear Monsters? lol!

Pi314CA

exception-- Pink, Adele, Lady Gaga, etc. Kelly Clarkson is from a reality show so she is another one who proves my point. :)

Was wondering where to post this... now that you mentioned P!nk, I found this tweet by ChartNews (Billboard):

Chart News ‏@chartnews
Since her 2000 debut, @Pink has sold 13.4 million albums and 22.8 million digital tracks in the US.

Wow, Carrie has sold more than Pink and in less time and to a predominantly country audience. Amazing! :D

opry051008

Was wondering where to post this... now that you mentioned P!nk, I found this tweet by ChartNews (Billboard):

Chart News ‏@chartnews
Since her 2000 debut, @Pink has sold 13.4 million albums and 22.8 million digital tracks in the US.

Wow, Carrie has sold more than Pink and in less time and to a predominantly country audience. Amazing! :D

Not to trivialize Carrie's achievement in any way but her career was launched from American Idol, and as far as I know (so I could be wrong) Pink started from nothing and has also been off for sometime.

Manchs

^ Pink started when sales climate for albums were way better and she appeals to a way bigger audience. She has had many more bigger hits than Carrie's, but I do agree with you.

robinannhunt

Not to trivialize Carrie's achievement in any way but her career was launched from American Idol, and as far as I know (so I could be wrong) Pink started from nothing and has also been off for sometime.

Not sure of your point. How did Pink Start and why was she "off"?

opry051008

Not sure of your point. How did Pink Start and why was she "off"?

I just meant that she had to build her career from scratch so it takes time to build a fan base whereas Carrie had a fan base before she had an album. lol.

She's been off because she had a baby.

But Manchs is right, she was part of the era when people actually bought albums.

liveasong

I will have to disagree! You put ETC because...

etc.jpg

;););) HAHAHA!