Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Blown Away, week 20

allamericangirl8

Hmmm... this showed up on my FB newsfeed

listen%20to%20music_zps13b78d27.jpg

Now if you'll excuse me I have to hide from a scalpel wielding Carebear4eva :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That is so dumb, whoever created that. Music snobs. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it's not music.

allamericangirl8

Not really. People do this all the time. "I listen to REAL music." It happens on YouTube most often. The worst one is, "I'm 12-years-old, and I'm ashamed of the music my generation listens to. They should be listening to Led Zeppelin."

Oh, eff off. And as most of you know, I say that as a Led Zeppelin fan.

I know how you were using it was satirical, but I doubt that was the intention of the creator. ;)

robinannhunt

I just meant that she had to build her career from scratch so it takes time to build a fan base whereas Carrie had a fan base before she had an album. lol.

She's been off because she had a baby.

But Manchs is right, she was part of the era when people actually bought albums.

This fact was on her WIKI"

"Pink has sold over 40 million albums and 70 million singles worldwide, making her one of the best-selling artists of all time."

judes

Not to trivialize Carrie's achievement in any way but her career was launched from American Idol, and as far as I know (so I could be wrong) Pink started from nothing and has also been off for sometime.

And you're making this statement because you know that all Idol winners sell the same amount of albums that Carrie does

Pi314CA

Sales numbers for the top 2 has been posted:

DMB on top with 266K, and Little Big Town at No. 2 with 113K.

Pi314CA

Excerpts from Billboard and ChartWatch on this past week's top selling albums:

Dave Matthews Band's "Away From the World" shifted 266,000 in its first week -- according to Nielsen SoundScan -- easily securing the top slot. Little Big Town's "Tornado" No. 2 start gives the country quartet its highest charting album ever -- and its best sales week (113,000). Bob Dylan nets his fifth consecutive top 10 studio album as "Tempest" starts at No. 3 with 110,000. The Avett Brothers grab its best week ever on the Billboard 200 as "The Carpenter" climbs in with 98,000 at No. 4. Rock act the xx also bulldozes past its previous biggest week thanks to the 73,000 racked by its sophomore album "Coexist" and its No. 5 entry.

Rounding out the top six debuts is legendary ZZ Top with its highest debuting album ever, "La Futura" (No. 6; 31,000). Imagine Dragons' "Night Visions" falls 2-7 (29,000; down 65%), Matchbox Twenty's "North" tumbles 1-8 (28,000; down 71%) and the "Now 43" compilation dips 4-9 (24,000; down 31%). Amanda Palmer's "Theatre is Evil," debuting at No. 10 with 24,000.

Seven albums drop out of the top 10 this week. Lecrae's Gravity drops from #3 to #14, Carrie Underwood's Blown Away drops from #5 to #24, Maroon 5's Overexposed drops from #6 to #11, 2 Chainz' Based On A T.R.U. Story drops from #7 to #13, tobyMac's Eye On It drops from #8 to #16, Trey Songz's Chapter V drops from #9 to #21 and Cat Power's Sun drops from #10 to #32.

Kix Brooks' New To This Town, his first album since the break-up of Brooks & Dunn, debuts at a disappointing #53. Brooks' former partner Ronnie Dunn debuted and peaked at #5 last year with his first solo album, Ronnie Dunn. Brooks & Dunn was formed in 1991. The pair notched nine top 10 albums, more than any other duo in history.

maddkat

Staff member
Wow 350k for Pink? Those are huge numbers. I don't think she did as well last album did she?

That is huge, must be the long delay .Her fans are ready for new music!

Pink's last release in 2008 sold 180,000 first week and went to sell 1.9 mil according to HDD

opry051008

And you're making this statement because you know that all Idol winners sell the same amount of albums that Carrie does

I'm making this statement because the comparison was made between the amount Pink has sold to the amount Carrie has sold within a short TIMEFRAME. My point is that Pink as a new artist needed extra time to ramp up to build her fanbase.

So Carrie just edges out DMB in opening sales. :)

Where are the estimates for Pink? I agree with everyone else, 350 k seems high.

Last edited: