Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales - "Blown Away": Week 30 (Black Friday)

clh_hilary

WHEN BLACK FRIDAY COMES: Today's HITS album sales chart has just closed and we’re already peering into our crystal ball for next week, folks, thanks to one-day sales reports from those retailers around the country who haven’t succumbed to tryptophan shock. Heading into holiday weekend, our retail experts ask for your indulgence, with a greater than usual margin of error due to cranberry consumption. Look for Def Jam/IDJ chanteuse Rihanna’s Unapologetic to sell between 240-260k, her biggest debut ever, which is probably good enough to make her #1 next week.Atlantic’s Kid Rock takes advantage of his availability at iTunes for the first time with an estimate of 160-180k for his new, pro-Mitt Romney album, Rebel Soul.19/Interscope American Idol winner Phillip PhillipsThe World from the Side of the Moon will bow with between 140-160k. Atlantic/Rhino’s Led Zeppelin CD/DVDCelebration, recorded at their much-ballyhooed reunion show at London’s 02 Arena in 2007, should do in the 90-100k range. Geffen diva Keyshia Cole’s Woman to Woman is on target for 75-85k, while 19/RCA Idol album Kelly Clarkson’s greatest hits compilation looks good for 45-50k. RCA Urban pop crossover star Pitbull’s Global Warning should do 35-40k, while Capitol stalwart Coldplay’s Live 2012 CD/DVD will sell in the 30-35k range. (11/20p)
HITS Daily Double: Rumor Mill

nccountrygal

Any guesses on sales this week? Maybe close to 30K bc of the Walmart Sale? (I have no idea!)

Well my local Walmart needs to stock up on BA because I was in there this past Sunday and they had only one BA CD. Surely they are going stock up if they are selling it for $5.00 on black Friday. I think Target is selling it for $7 or $7.99 so I do hope that there are plenty of CDs on the shelves.

Marie2011

I know that ba is on sale for black friday at target and walmart it maybe on sale in other stores also idk though

teesharky

Lucky people releasing new albums Black Friday week. Smart strategy.

I really hope Walmart has enough Carrie cds for the $5 sale. It is going to fly off the shelves after the AMAs.

opry051008

Well my local Walmart needs to stock up on BA because I was in there this past Sunday and they had only one BA CD. Surely they are going stock up if they are selling it for $5.00 on black Friday. I think Target is selling it for $7 or $7.99 so I do hope that there are plenty of CDs on the shelves.

I`m glad to hear that Target has it on sale also. :)

clh_hilary

Why isn't anybody talking about the biggest album seller globally since 2006, the legendary Goddess Rihallah, is finally getting her first #1 album after 6 not-#1's?

allamericangirl8

Why isn't anybody talking about the biggest album seller globally since 2006, the legendary Goddess Rihallah, is finally getting her first #1 album after 6 not-#1's?

iGFUGn.gif

Manchs

25 34 Carrie Underwood Blown Away 16,000 936,000

For those wondering, BA is ahead of Luke and Eric. :)

teesharky

Wow that was much lower then the HDD update. They said well over 17k. That was over 1k less. Bummer.

Manchs

It debuted already? It's just #38 on radio and hasn't even gone top 200 on iTunes yet. That shows how radio has a lot of power.

Wow that was much lower then the HDD update. They said well over 17k. That was over 1k less. Bummer.

26 32 CARRIE UNDERWOOD 19/ARISTA NASHVILLE 17,085 +1%
BLOWN AWAY

17085 copies is not exactly way over 17000, but to be fair, BA has been selling more weekly according to SoundScan than HDD weekly updates, but people hardly pay attention to that. No need to bummed out because of one update, everything is fine :) We don't even know official numbers, she may have sold from 15501 to 16499.

clh_hilary

It debuted already? It's just #38 on radio and hasn't even gone top 200 on iTunes yet. That shows how radio has a lot of power.

26 32 CARRIE UNDERWOOD 19/ARISTA NASHVILLE 17,085 +1%
BLOWN AWAY

17085 copies is not exactly way over 17000, but to be fair, BA has been selling more weekly according to SoundScan than HDD weekly updates, but people hardly pay attention to that. No need to bummed out because of one update, everything is fine :) We don't even know official numbers, she may have sold from 15501 to 16499.

It's just that most Country songs sell next to nothing.

clh_hilary

[h=1]Rihanna Aiming for First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart[/h]Although Rihanna has piled up a mountain of No. 1 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart -- 12 of them to be exact -- a No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 still eludes her.

That may change next week, as her seventh studio release, "Unapologetic," has a very good chance at debuting at No. 1. Industry sources say the SRP/Def Jam album (released on Monday, Nov. 19) should sell between 225,000 and 250,000 by the end of the tracking week on Sunday, Nov. 25.

With the Thanksgiving holiday (Thursday, Nov. 22) and Black Friday promotions impacting the week, it's especially difficult to forecast music sales. While no other new release seems likely to sell more than "Unapologetic," anything is possible.

No matter where Rihanna finishes the week with "Unapologetic," it seems certain that it will earn the singer her best sales week ever. So far, her best frame came when 2010's "Loud" launched at No. 3 with 207,000.

A year ago next week, Michael Buble's "Christmas" rose to No. 1 for the first time, selling 227,000 (up from 165,000 the week previous, according to Nielsen SoundScan) after the turkey holiday. While Buble isn't in the picture this year, there's another Christmas album that has an outside chance at blocking Rihanna from the top: Rod Stewart's "Merry Christmas, Baby." It's unlikely that Stewart will jump to No. 1, but the busy shopping weekend could produce many surprises, so stay tuned. "Merry Christmas, Baby" is currently at No. 6 on the chart, having sold 80,000 last week.

Also a wild card in the mix is Taylor Swift's blockbuster "Red" album, which fell from the No. 1 slot this week after three straight frames atop the list. It sold 145,000 last week. Never doubt the power of Swift and her allure at big box retailers on Black Friday.

Aside from Rihanna, there are a number of other new releases headed for big debuts next week: Kid Rock's "Rebel Soul" might start with 165,000 or so and Phillip Phillips' "The World From the Side of the Moon" is heading for a 150,000-unit bow.

Led Zeppelin's 2007 live reunion concert album/video "Celebration Day" -- its first release of new recordings in decades -- may move 100,000. That number could be in flux though, since Led Zep will likely be a highly attractive holiday gift to many shoppers.

Rihanna Aiming for First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart | Billboard