Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album Sales, Storyteller Era

Eder Rodrigues

764,000 - Storyteller *
490,000 - Church Bells *
296,000 - Dirty Laundry *
4.354.000 - Before He Cheats *

* Based on estimations

The Fighter: 18.000 (680.000)

maddkat

Staff member
some mid year numbers

top 10 albums ( these numbers are so sad )
2017’s Mid-Year Top 10 Selling Country Albums
1. Chris Stapleton, From A Room: Volume 1 (419,000)
2. Chris Stapleton, Traveller (225,000)
3. Zac Brown Band, Welcome Home (218,000)
4. Keith Urban, Ripcord (202,000)
5. Reba McEntire, Sing It Now: Songs of Faith & Hope (183,000*)
6. Brantley Gilbert, The Devil Don’t Sleep (179,000)
7. Garth Brooks, The Ultimate Collection (127,000)
8. Miranda Lambert, The Weight of These Wings (126,000)
9. Little Big Town, Breaker (123,000)
10. Alison Krauss, Windy City (110,000)

top 10 digital songs
2017’s Mid-Year Top 10 Selling Digital Country Songs
1. Sam Hunt, “Body Like a Back Road” (1,246,000)
2. Brett Young, “In Case You Didn’t Know” (603,000)
3. Keith Urban featuring Carrie Underwood, “The Fighter” (525,000)
4. Jon Pardi, “Dirt On My Boots” (439,000)
5. Little Big Town, “Better Man” (400,000)
6. Luke Combs, “Hurricane” (380,000)
7. Keith Urban, “Blue Ain’t Your Color” (375,000)
8. Florida Georgia Line featuring Backstreet Boys, “God, Your Mama, and Me” (318,000)
9. Lady Antebellum, “You Look Good” (306,000)
10. Thomas Rhett, “Craving You” (244,000)

2017’s Mid-Year Top 10 On-Demand Country Video Streams
1. Sam Hunt, “Body Like a Back Road” (74,321,000)
2. Brett Young, “In Case You Didn’t Know” (63,567,000)
3. Keith Urban, “Blue Ain’t Your Color” (49,973,000)
4. Florida Georgia Line, “H.O.L.Y.” (49,567,000)
5. Luke Combs, “Hurricane” (42,670,000)
6. Chris Stapleton, “Tennessee Whiskey” (41,101,000)
7. Jon Pardi, “Dirt On My Boots” (31,651,000)
8. Luke Bryan, “Huntin’, Fishin’ & Lovin’ Every Day” (29,346,000)
9. Little Big Town, “Better Man” (23,833,000)
10. Keith Urban featuring Carrie Underwood, “The Fighter” (23,592,000)

more here - Nielsen Music's Mid-Year 2017 Charts: Sam Hunt & Chris Stapleton Control Country

thaifood

^^^^ Those album sales figures are the reason I believe record companies are going to have to start looking at other options. They just can't sustain profitability at those levels. Why not 4 or 6 song ep's more often. We are back to the days of the late 50's & early 60's when the single was the dominate medium long before the album took over.

adam1995

^^^^ Those album sales figures are the reason I believe record companies are going to have to start looking at other options. They just can't sustain profitability at those levels. Why not 4 or 6 song ep's more often. We are back to the days of the late 50's & early 60's when the single was the dominate medium long before the album took over.

This is what I recommended Carrie do, EPs.

lolita55

They are going to have to do something. I think artist are going to have to release 5 song cds every 18 months.

txacar

^Right. Carrie's sales are still good, her songs are still being played, and she and Sony will continue to rack up $$ for years to come from royalties every time a song is streamed or played on other media.

Sam Hunt's streams are providing UMG with a nice chunk of change and it will only get better as more music streaming companies come online. I think Apple pays the highest rate now, but competition will force all to go higher.

Eder Rodrigues

Sales plus streaming estimations:

~1.153.000 - The Fighter
~955.000 - Church Bells
~750.000 - Smoke Break
~747.000 - Heartbeat
~582.000 - Dirty Laundry

PRGuy79

Sales plus streaming estimations:

~1.153.000 - The Fighter
~955.000 - Church Bells
~750.000 - Smoke Break
~747.000 - Heartbeat
~582.000 - Dirty Laundry

Maybe they are waiting to certify Dirty Laundry as Gold until they can also certify Church Bells as Platinum?? I can't wait for them to make this dual announcement. The era seems unfinished with Dirty Laundry hanging out there as the only non-certified single of Carrie's career.

Maybe they are waiting to certify Dirty Laundry as Gold until they can also certify Church Bells as Platinum?? I can't wait for them to make this dual announcement. The era seems unfinished with Dirty Laundry hanging out there as the only non-certified single of Carrie's career.

It'll be interesting if Sony even cares now that Carrie is with UMG.

PRGuy79

^^I would think that it would be in the best interest of both Carrie and Sony. The publicity would draw attention to the singles, which Sony still has rights to royalties from. And Sony's bragging rights of getting every Carrie single certified during her time with them would be protected. Ann Edelblute better write a check for certification fees if nobody else does! :)

adam1995

I wonder if Carries older songs will get certified anymore, with the label change? Most of her songs were certified at least 2 years ago, and could probably add another certification to them. Luke Bryan recently got updated certifications and has surpassed Carrie and FGL for most certified singles country artist.

txacar

I wonder if Carries older songs will get certified anymore, with the label change? Most of her songs were certified at least 2 years ago, and could probably add another certification to them. Luke Bryan recently got updated certifications and has surpassed Carrie and FGL for most certified singles country artist.

She was honored on October 25, 2016 with new certifications. No idea how that would get done now that she has left Sony. Wish she hadn't given up her portfolio.

"Carrie Underwood Continues to Set Records" https://countrymusicmatters.com/2016/10/25/10650/

adam1995

She was honored on October 25, 2016 with new certifications. No idea how that would get done now that she has left Sony. Wish she hadn't given up her portfolio.

"Carrie Underwood Continues to Set Records" https://countrymusicmatters.com/2016/10/25/10650/

They were album certifications, and it was before she announced she was leaving Sony. So, yes I wonder what will happen with certifications now that she left? Does anyone know if there are instances of artists who have switched labels and still got their work certified after?

Because "Before He Cheats" was certified 5x platinum over 2 years ago, surely it's nearing 6x platinum by now and many others are the same way.

teesharky

^ Church Bells is pretty much Platinum by now too, and Dirty Laundry is definitely Gold. So it will be very unfair if the RIAA does not certify her work just because it was under SONY. Surely Carrie and her team can pay the certification fees even if SONY owns those songs? This has to happen all the time when artists change labels. Surely there is a loop hole for the new record label to continue her certifications and update them even if it is not their songs? Or Carrie can pay herself to do it. The fee is very nominal-- like a few hundred dollars. Heck I will pay for it if need be. haha