Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album/Track Sales, Week 50, Blown Away Era

carebear4eva

The only real superstar, tbh.

tumblr_m9ps3bjLXe1qh4bido1_500.gif

nccountrygal

YEah, I think it is fair to say that perception is everything in the entertainment industry.
In the "olden days" major actors and actresses were commonly used for films and publicity stunts just to keep them as a viable public image for the studio.
And I think that is what Miranda is. And its a great gig if you are Miranda Lambert.

Its just that within the industry and media and publications specific to the industry she is being treated like "the top" of the hype. And in reality that is not true. So there is an odd disparency there. And I have to ask myself why they work so hard to promote it.

I mentioned in another thread that I thumbed through People:Country edition and there was not a single image of Carrie. Not one. but many many pages of images of Miranda. Many more than Taylor and many many more than anyone in the industry includeing her own husband who was on the cover!!

Now that just did not make sense to me in any way considering how well the BA era has been going and the level of success that Carrie has had this year and last and how successful her headlining tour is and the fact that she just pulled in a Grammy for her vocal performance and a Grammy was given to one of her recordings.

So it just odd to me lately. The promotion for Miranda seems to be getting bigger and bigger, and her sales seem to be dropping and dropping.

Well Carrie did get her own People Cover last week so maybe that is why she was not in the People Country Edition. As far as Miranda goes, my biggest complaint is in my opinion the country music industry/label is trying to portray Miranda as the biggest female country music star for the past several years which is not the case. Yes Miranda is successful and yes she has won awards that she deserves; however the industry/label have seem to gone overboard with the accolades of late and it is getting very annoying. I hope this stops come the CMA's but if the industry/label is bent on making sure Miranda is seen as the dominate female in country music then the nominations and awards will probably keep on coming Miranda's way.

DaisyTweets

I was being specific to a female in the country music world. I think she is a superstar in respect to record sales, touring, accolades and respect of the country music industry.

Yes Miranda was propped up the the country music industry but American Idol shot Carrie into superstardom. Carrie has maintained that status but I have said that I agree with many of you, that Miranda will not.
Well if we're going to use stats from these things than she pales in comparison to both Carrie & SWSRN. And her touring numbers come nowhere near close to anything Carrie has had on any of her tours. And the one she's on now with Dierks, well there was an article not too long ago saying that they're having trouble selling tickets for it.

Star yes maybe but no way no how a superstar. Can't see the Pistol Annies helping either. I've said it before the arrogance of both her and her husband is nowhere in proportion to their star status.

Last edited:

pklongbeach

Agreed but not "the only".

You cannot deny that Carrie can be refered to as "A Superstar" by pretty much any standard.

pklongbeach

Awwwwww, one of my favorite Taylor moments.

You almost have to love it for the shear will to "just not be having any of it!!!!!!!!"

For all the fake she can be, she was sure being real there!!!!

Pi314CA

Digital sales for Carrie:

TBC: 33k this week, 31k last week, total = 693k
BA: 22k this week, 26k last week, total = 2083k

maddkat

Staff member
Strange, ROUGHSTOCK has Miranda selling 12,000 last week, an increase of 61% due to ACM but HDD doesn't even have her in the top 50???
Roughstock didn't even mentio Carrie or Taylor!

Country Album Chart News For April 17, 2013: Brad Paisley Tops Chart; 17 Country Albums In Top 40; Chuck Wicks EP's Big Debut | New Country Music, Listen to Songs & Video | Roughstock.com

I ask them about Carrie and they said she wasn't in the top 10 so she doesn't make their list but she sold 15K.Not sure why with an increase of 49% she's not considered notable.

Very curious about ML's numbers.HDD was way off.

pklongbeach

Strange, ROUGHSTOCK has Miranda selling 12,000 last week, an increase of 61% due to ACM but HDD doesn't even have her in the top 50???
Roughstock didn't even mentio Carrie or Taylor!

Country Album Chart News For April 17, 2013: Brad Paisley Tops Chart; 17 Country Albums In Top 40; Chuck Wicks EP's Big Debut | New Country Music, Listen to Songs & Video | Roughstock.com
That whole list of top 10 is a mess of errors.
What the Heck?????????

It shows Jena Krammer in the top 10 selling country albums with 3,000 sold.
What the h*ll is this?

Zman312

That whole list of top 10 is a mess of errors.
What the Heck?????????

It shows Jena Krammer in the top 10 selling country albums with 3,000 sold.
What the h*ll is this?

No, it's the top 10 and 5 other NOTABLE albums. lol, selling 3000 copies is very notable...lol

Miranda had a huge increase so it's understandable!

teesharky

Not even close. Carrie is much more highly respected among adults for sure- and Taytay is a tween pop superstar. Both are superstars in their own genres- but for you to say Taylor is a superstar and Carrie is not-- isjust wrong. :(. Check back when Taylor is a member of the Grand Ole Opry and we can revisit this issue. :)

The only real superstar, tbh.

tumblr_m9ps3bjLXe1qh4bido1_500.gif

teesharky

No, it's the top 10 and 5 other NOTABLE albums. lol, selling 3000 copies is very notable...lol

Miranda had a huge increase so it's understandable!

I thought i read that Carrie got a bigger increase then Miranda but I guess I was mistaken. either way- carrie got a 49% increase and should be in the list.

teesharky

Digital sales for Carrie:

TBC: 33k this week, 31k last week, total = 693k
BA: 22k this week, 26k last week, total = 2083k

Hmmm I could have sworn TBC was to cross 700k this week? I must be confused. Lol

Still no word on CC 2x platinum cert? Odd.

DaisyTweets

I ask them about Carrie and they said she wasn't in the top 10 so she doesn't make their list but she sold 15K.Not sure why with an increase of 49% she's not considered notable.

Very curious about ML's numbers.HDD was way off.
Ok what am I not getting about this picture? Carrie sold 15,000 which is more than ML sold at 12,000 but that didn't make the top 10????? Did I go to the wrong school to understand this????

countrymusicfan15

Ok what am I not getting about this picture? Carrie sold 15,000 which is more than ML sold at 12,000 but that didn't make the top 10????? Did I go to the wrong school to understand this????

Alan Jackson's album rounds out the top 10. The next 5, starting with Miranda, are honorable mentions.