Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekly Album/Tracks Sales, Week 83, Blown Away Era

epicamends

Is it possible for the album to sell at least 100k copies when all is said and done? I'd be happy with that.

clh_hilary

Is it possible for the album to sell at least 100k copies when all is said and done? I'd be happy with that.

Possible, but not particularly likely. This is assuming that it doesn't drop much if at all in its second week which is indeed possible.

Eder Rodrigues

Any updates on the SOM album sale projections? I am disappointed it fell off to 21 on itunes today. Shouldn't the tv show have given it a big bump??

Could the negative buzz for the show hurt sales??

To be fair, there are 15 album above the soundtrack with lower prices, a lot of them are on sale.

adam1995

Billboard, forecasts the soundtrack to debut in the top 20, with about 35,000 to 40,000 copies sold.

Manchs

That's from Friday. Predictions would have likely changed had TSOM had enough time to make an impact.

pklongbeach

I was not looking for this to even be a big seller.

I think I posted this before, but I do think it would have limited appeal in general.

The music is already known and owned by the people who love it so. Buying Carries version would not change much for the average listener of fan of the film.

To be fair and honest, the only reason I bought it was because I am a fan supporting the artist. It had nothing to do with me actually "wanting" a copy of the soundtrack to TSOM.

So no, I do think they put it out to give an opportunity to buy. But I don't think they were expecting a whole lot from it.
Same will be true for the Dvd.

And I am not so sure that negative reviews hurt it too much. I mean obviously it didn't help. But again, I think it is being sold to a limited market so its not like some major release by a recording artist.

DizzyDollyDee

I bought the sound track and will get the DVD when it is available - purchased the soundtrack to be supportive but purchasing the DVD because I loved it that much - hopefully others will too.

clh_hilary

Have to remind everybody two things:

1. DVDs do not count towards the album chart. So not buying the album but buying the DVD will not contribute anything to the album's sales or chart showing.

2. The percentage of HDD is the percentage of stores projected. In theory, it could stop increasing from this point on, and there were even occasions when the final numbers are lower than the interim projected numbers.

It is looking good though.