Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We're Young and Beautiful!

lab

I think this is the girl who sang it - Kenzie Palmer. She also sang Temporary Home. Interestingly enough, Luke Laird actually commented on her performance. :)

And this is her from Idol tonight.

WOW!!! I love her already. The vocals is really beautiful!!! And she looks gorgeous and charismatic. I think, I will vote for this girl. I love the CHEMISTRY OF THE JUDGES, TOO. VERY ENTERTAINING.

thaifood

SHe was good. I'm liking the judges A LOT, but miss Simon. I wish it could be Steven, Jennifer, Randy and Simon lol. Probably the best panel minus Simon though they could have. Jennifer is totally perfect for the show, her personality, everything.

Steven & Jennifer have already offered more constructive advice & insight than Cowell offered in the entire 9 years his sorry ass was associated with this show. He is not missed by me & I have a feeling that if this panel keeps up with the way it went last night, many others are going to realize that Cowell was the emperor without any clothes.

DaisyTweets

Steven & Jennifer have already offered more constructive advice & insight than Cowell offered in the entire 9 years his sorry ass was associated with this show. He is not missed by me & I have a feeling that if this panel keeps up with the way it went last night, many others are going to realize that Cowell was the emperor without any clothes.

Interesting that you should say that about Simon. Since someone mentioned that Gayle King said she liked Carrie on her show yesterday, I DVRed the overnight reairing of it and low and behold there was a commercial for Oprah's Master Series with Simon Cowell. As part of that commercial they said that he has guided the careers of Carrie & Kelly! I laughed to myself and said out loud, I don't think he's done any guiding in Carrie's career!!!???

thaifood

Interesting that you should say that about Simon. Since someone mentioned that Gayle King said she liked Carrie on her show yesterday, I DVRed the overnight reairing of it and low and behold there was a commercial for Oprah's Master Series with Simon Cowell. As part of that commercial they said that he has guided the careers of Carrie & Kelly! I laughed to myself and said out loud, I don't think he's done any guiding in Carrie's career!!!???

We, the fans, are more responsible for assisting Carries career than Cowell would have ever been. I know I sound like a broken record, but I will continue to believe he was the most useless piece of this show.

DaisyTweets

We, the fans, are more responsible for assisting Carries career than Cowell would have ever been. I know I sound like a broken record, but I will continue to believe he was the most useless piece of this show.

I guess I sorta agree with you, in that I think that Mr. Cowell thinks he's more important than he really is. I always appreciated hearing his opinions because while I didn't agree with the way he delivered the message, I mostly agreed with his opinion and assessment of the contestants.

As far as guiding Carrie's career, ummm not so much. The only thing that I know that he did for her career, is his now famous line about being the best selling idol. Now, it very well could be that Simon helped behind the scenes and if that's the case man I'd love to hear about that. Perhaps Simon Fuller and Simon Cowell are good friends and Cowell guided her career through that friendship???? I guess knowing what I know about Carrie, I would think that if Simon had significant impact on her career she would have made some mention of that along the way.

Of the old panel, I definitely liked Cowell the best. I almost ALWAYS muted when Paula would speak and with Randy I just don't buy what he says. I guess I don't believe in whatever experience he has is truly beneficial in selecting a future idol. I guess what I'm saying is that I see him having limited experience. I guess mostly I think that the panel is sorta useless and that for the most part, America, in the end, selected the best winner each season. I KNOW FOR SURE THAT WE GOT THE WINNER OF SEASON 4 right!!!!!!!

carrieidol1

Singing a Carrie song well is always a great way to gain fans. I'm already following her, and she's one of three that I really liked from last night.

oldesalt62

Just to set the record straight, it is not germane whether or not he guided Carrie's career. What is important is that a tremendous number of people have careers and all the ancillary jobs associated with Idol and they should thank Simon everyday. Without him there would never have been an American Idol.

thaifood

Just to set the record straight, it is not germane whether or not he guided Carrie's career. What is important is that a tremendous number of people have careers and all the ancillary jobs associated with Idol and they should thank Simon everyday. Without him there would never have been an American Idol.

Simon Fuller, YES! Simon Cowell, just say NO!

pklongbeach

Very raw talent from this girl. She has a voice that can really be trained to do great things. She's gonna have to connect better with the material she is singing. Just as Carrie learned, it is not enough to have a beautiful voice that poeple like to hear. You have a messege to send and it's your job to send it.
I guareentee this, this girl has not openned up her voice yet, when she does it is going to be big. She was definately holding back on TH cause of the room she was in. In a big theatre when she really opens the engine, she will fly!

Brittany

I'm not just saying this because she sang a Carrie song, but this girl really has it... so much potential. Her voice is incrediable.. and not JUST for a 15 year old.. but for anyone. I AGREE with Jennifer to the max-- I have no idea what Steven and Randy were trying to imply haha.

carriecountrystar

That girl has got them pipes! :) I can't wait to hear her live performances to come!!!
I do kind of get what steven was saying about the performance though. like it was GREAT vocally but didn't have that same spark/magic that carrie had. that something special going on when singing-if you get what I mean. carrie had this special vibe and x-factor going on while she sang it (check out her performance of it CMA festival or recent one at the event center borgata one) and I wasn't feeling that when the girl sang but that's just the first look at her singing and that was really great. I hope she covers more carrie songs! her vocals would sound great on "last name".
anyone know what genre she's heading towards?

lab

I'm not just saying this because she sang a Carrie song, but this girl really has it... so much potential. Her voice is incrediable.. and not JUST for a 15 year old.. but for anyone. I AGREE with Jennifer to the max-- I have no idea what Steven and Randy were trying to imply haha.

I agree!!!

But, I think what Steven and Randy were saying is that, this girl "should work a little bit more in EXPRESSING THE EMOTION OF THE SONG AND THE STAGE PRESENCE". With that incredible voice, "her great natural talent", that can easily be achieved through "DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING" after this girl GRADUATED FROM IDOL.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
I agree!!!

But, I think what Steven and Randy were saying is that, this girl "should work a little bit more in EXPRESSING THE EMOTION OF THE SONG AND THE STAGE PRESENCE". With that incredible voice, "her great natural talent", that can easily be achieved through "DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING" after this girl GRADUATED FROM IDOL.

And don't forget that many people including the judges were saying the same type of things about Carrie during her AI run.

epicamends

Two episodes into Idol and a Carrie song on each show. Both girls did excellent jobs. I'll be rooting for the two of them!

jaks_weyn

And don't forget that many people including the judges were saying the same type of things about Carrie during her AI run.

Yep... true... And I think the judges also had the same impression with Carrie on her auditions except that they were super duper impressed with her voice... :D

pklongbeach

YEah, there are definately similarities to the way this girl auditioned and Carrie's first audition.
#1 being, the unassuming way she performed against a clearly beautiful voice allows the listener to recognize the talent for themselves. They are not knocked in the head with it. And that is a very smart move.
Now I will say that when Carrie auditioned she had "a moment". The judges almost didn't know what to say. She sounded so "recordable" and looked beautiful without an ounce of presumption. She was strong without an air of selfconfidence.
Kenzie did not have "a moment" maybe if she had picked a different song she could have. But she definately has some of the softer subtler qualitites that Carrie brought in.
I'll be interested to see what her voice does in a bigger room.
It may end up being similar to that young girl last year, she had a fine voice but it did not have the strenth of a true belter and she mistakingly presented herself as one. And therefore lost the audiences attention.
Some say they can see this girl rocking out to Last Name. That is a huge song with alot of dymanic variables. Not easy, and to add Carries "newly found" stage presense"? Not likely!

pklongbeach

Just heard her sing At Last on Youtube. Are you kidding me? She's great. Very ready to record. Now we gotta work on the stage presense.
She has a very likeble personna on stage, but she does not hold her audience. She does not "own" the stage.
She needs to.
She should go the the Carrie Underwood School for Young Performers.
Cause she has a wonderful singing voice.
Wasn't sure but now I am.