Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will be single #3?

The 3rd single will be...

• Do You Think About Me

Votes: 55 51.4%
  • Two Black Cadillacs

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Wine After Whiskey

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Cupid's Got A Shotgun

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • One Way Ticket

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Leave Love Alone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • See You Again

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Good In Goodbye

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Who Are You

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other- FC, TGFH, NETY

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Schrodinger

I think we can all agree that TBC is going to be a single. Now if you are talking country song CGS, LLA, & GiG have the most real traditional feel, along with WAW. DYTOM is country, but not the real traditional sound, SYA is along the same lines musically. I'm not a real fan of either of them but that's just preference there're too happy something. If I had to pick one it would be DYTOM and I would not want both them as singles one or the other. I never want OWT to be a single, Carrie is not Kenny nor Sammy.

The more I listen to WAW them more I love that song. It is such a traditional country heartbreak song, along with trying to move on. It's not a cry in your beer song but has a beautiful simile using alcoholic reference. It is such a perfect sad country love song.

As much as I like NETY and it's message to young women, I'm not sure it would resonate with all of Carrie's fans. Younger fans, moms and to some to extent dads of daughters, but not the younger single crowd or older singles. It's kinda a limited market song like Martina's This One's for the Girls

As for BA and TBC being pop I'm going to argue that these are the old cowboy ballads upd updated. Some of you don't remember when country music was called country & western music because there were a number of western balladeers. None as great as Marty Robbins. Growing up he was this little boys musical hero. He spoke of Gunfighters and heros, of Cowboys who lead a hard life. He did it in vivid images in his stories are just as visual as BA and TBC.

If you have never listened to Marty please, please play his Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs. Now some of the songs have a more traditional nashville song but a lot don't. Listen to El Paso There is a driving beat, not unlike a pop beat being played out on a bass. Later when he performed it he added a horn and went for more of a latin beat and mexican flavor. The same can be heard in Big Iron (one of childhood favorites). And if you don't think these songs have imaginary listen to The Master's Call, especially if you are a Christian don't tell me you don't feel the goosebumps. How does the meter and driving beat sound in Prairie Fire. Listen to Five Brothers and and the more driving beat.. Granted it a classic cowboy songs but it is not the Nashville sound and I would argue it much closer to Texas swing, which is closer to pop than the Nashville sound. Finally, Streets of Loredo is not even a country song. It's a dirge, funeral hymn or lament It traces its origin back to the medieval Catholic Church's Office of the Dead .

pgk

So TBC can't/shouldn't be the 3rd. release because it's a 'dark' song? And you can't/shouldn't have 2 dark songs back to back? Didn't Adele release an entire album of sad songs? If the song is good and the song is on most people's wish list...I say release the song. I think it will keep the album sales going much better than DYTAM. That is a sweet song, nice melody, nice arrangement, but that's it, it's 'nice'. TBC is deliciously dark and deliciously different. It's cool, sophisticated. Great arrangement, great vocals, great intrigue, great story. The only thing I'm not sure of is the timing. Releasing in Nov. will have it run into Christmas season, and that might not be good?

Marie2011

i don't want 2bc to be the next single, because it is cma award time, i want a country single to be released, and not a country pop single, 2bc is great but i don't want it to have to compete against ba for the acms and cmas.

teesharky

Agree. With all the animosity towards Taylor right now for her pop album-- some haters merge Carrie in with Taylor and lump them together as pop artists. Carrie needs to distance herself from Taylor right now and release a more country sounding song. Save 2BC for later.

teesharky

So TBC can't/shouldn't be the 3rd. release because it's a 'dark' song? And you can't/shouldn't have 2 dark songs back to back? Didn't Adele release an entire album of sad songs? If the song is good and the song is on most people's wish list...I say release the song. I think it will keep the album sales going much better than DYTAM. That is a sweet song, nice melody, nice arrangement, but that's it, it's 'nice'. TBC is deliciously dark and deliciously different. It's cool, sophisticated. Great arrangement, great vocals, great intrigue, great story. The only thing I'm not sure of is the timing. Releasing in Nov. will have it run into Christmas season, and that might not be good?

I think Carrie needs to show diversity right now and release something lighter in general. She always releases either edgy rocker bad boy songs, or serious, inspirational ballads. Both are GREAT! But I think people need a break from that with a lighter, cheerful or funny song.

I love 2BC and agree with everything you said about it. But after GG (edgy, dramatic, rocker) and Blown Away (fantastic but dark, dramatic)--- I think she needs to change things up next and go lighter, and countrier.

I do agree that the timing of 2BC right before Christmas is not really ideal. lol

So that is why I want them to save 2BC for later. Go light and country, cheerful this song- release 2BC next year to close out the album after OWT's summer song. I hope they go 5 or 6 singles deep for sure.

liz278

Carrie was asked in an interview what the next single would be and she said they had an idea . . . so we should hear after the CMA's right?

Marie2011

i for one am ready for the announcement for what the 3rd single is but at the same time i don't want the announcement of the 3rd single to interfer with BA chart run on the non country charts; people might start requesting the 3rd single over BA on the non country stations causing BA to start losing spins, or something.

simonplay

TBC is so amazing for a fifth single! the fifth single will be out in a year from now so will be old news! and the song is SO AMAZING!

countrymusicfan15

TBC is so amazing for a fifth single! the fifth single will be out in a year from now so will be old news! and the song is SO AMAZING!

Let's be honest...most casual listeners probably won't even know it is the 5th single from BA. They will just know it's AWESOME!!!!

teesharky

Carrie was asked about the new single on an interview madkatt posted today and she gave nothing away. $%#$$%#%$#

lol She said it was picked pretty much but would give nothing away as she said they have to get everything together for it. Evasive and frustrating answer. lol

Come on give us a clue! lol

Pi314CA

i for one am ready for the announcement for what the 3rd single is but at the same time i don't want the announcement of the 3rd single to interfer with BA chart run on the non country charts; people might start requesting the 3rd single over BA on the non country stations causing BA to start losing spins, or something.

I don't think so. The Mediabase requests for stations is limited to once a day. Before it was once per hour. Now that it is once a day, there is plenty of time to request BA on non-country stations and request the 3rd single on country stations. By the way, the number of stations playing BA on Hot AC increased from 22 to 26 this morning. Maybe the promotion/push on Hot AC is picking up. :)

simonplay

Let's be honest...most casual listeners probably won't even know it is the 5th single from BA. They will just know it's AWESOME!!!!

mmm... I dont know, in 1 year the album will be in almost 2 millions and that mean a lot of people will hear the song a lot, and a lot of people will hear the song in the tour too for that time.

Anyway the strongest songs never come up last so I dont think they released TBC last.

Schrodinger

Carrie was asked about the new single on an interview madkatt posted today and she gave nothing away. $%#$$%#%$#

lol She said it was picked pretty much but would give nothing away as she said they have to get everything together for it. Evasive and frustrating answer. lol

Come on give us a clue! lol

To quote someone we all know and love she's being "Mean!" Naughty!"

allamericangirl8

mmm... I dont know, in 1 year the album will be in almost 2 millions and that mean a lot of people will hear the song a lot, and a lot of people will hear the song in the tour too for that time.

Anyway the strongest songs never come up last so I dont think they released TBC last.

Wasted?