Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you like to see as Single #2?

What would you like to see as Single #2?

• Renegade Runaway

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Dirty Laundry

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Church Bells

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Heartbeat

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Choctaw County Affair

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Like I'll Never Love You Again

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Chaser

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Relapse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clock Don't Stop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Hil

It is catchy, but for me it has a been there done that feel.
And this is decade #2 and a new sound/ideas.I'd rather she not rehash the warning someone off theme again on radio.

I understand where you're coming from now. I don't really think about things like that. I listen to songs on radio and if I like them, and they are catchy I download them. I think RR would be great for Carrie, but thanks for explaining. : )

carrie admirer

I want Chaser on Hot AC as well as a country single

for country I'd like DL or CB but I'm guessing HB, perfect for the holidays through Valentines Day period.

Just please not RR

i think it is highly unlikely to release a single solely to Hot AC (like some hearts). By the way Chaser is my least favorite song from the album...
The only songs that could chart on Hot AC are Heartbeat and Renegade runaway

ramb

I have to agree with madkat on this one.
I think RR doesn't show that much of a different side of Carrie, and that's what this era is all about (at least, for me).
RR would do very good in charts, but for me it's not the best song in the album. By far.

lolita55

I have to agree with madkat on this one.
I think RR doesn't show that much of a different side of Carrie, and that's what this era is all about (at least, for me).
RR would do very good in charts, but for me it's not the best song in the album. By far.

I agree if she wants to release it she should release it to pop radio only. CCA, DL, CB and Mexico are the best songs on the album in my opinion. I would say chaser, relapse, HB, and RR would do well as crossovers.

Hil

agree... RR lacks substance.

Not sure how you can say that...

Anyway, I had this whole post typed up, but I'm not going to diss other songs or the album in favor of saying why I think more are radio friendly than others lol I don't really care about order, but I hope RR, DL & CB are singles...because they would have the most success at radio IMO. I feel like she needs an exciting performance song after SmB, so Heartbeat should probably come later on.

Burst

I agree saying RR is been there, done that. The sound is very reminiscent of Good Girl or Cowboy Casanova and even though I like all three of these songs, she's already released GG and CC to radio. Heartbeat, Dirty Laundry, or Relapse/Chaser are sounds she hasn't had on the radio yet.

Hil

While I think RR might be in the same family as GG, they don't sound the same. It's pretty much her only huge vocal on the possible songs she'll be releasing. I honestly don't have a problem with it not being released, but I still think it's a radio smash. The first six songs on Storyteller should hit radio at some point. ha ha.

carriefan14

I think the label has probably narrowed it down to RR, DL, and Heartbeat, if they haven't decided already.

I would say Heartbeat is it for sure, BUT it's hard to see Carrie debuting that at the AMAs, and I think she will debut a new song there, don't see her doing SB anymore..

The fact that Heartbeat got a stripped version exclusive to Target and none of the other tracks did is a pretty good indicator it will be a single at some point. Also, it features a pretty popular country artist right now - Sam Hunt. The song also mentions a "harvest moon" and although that generally makes me think of September-October, I suppose it could also be a winter song, what with Valentine's Day coming up (although Carrie has publicly said she hates Valentine's Day)

But then I think about a video for Heartbeat and I feel weird. Would Carrie be in it, or would they use actors?

RR is on the total opposite end of the spectrum. It would be perfect to debut at the AMAs, people would probably like it, a video is pretty easy to imagine for it...it's the opening track of the album...it got teased in the Smoke Break video...pretty good chance it will be next, too. It's a toss up!