Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should we support for ACM EOTY?

Claire2004

So looks like a tough decision between Brad and Keith? lol

I have a feeling Miranda has a good shot at EOTY. I don't know if I have enough basis for saying this, lol, but I think she has a very loyal group of fans who will vote hard for her for EOTY. I'm not sure if the GAC polls are a good measure for this, lol, but she's been winning the polls for the Single, Song, and Video.

Britt011

Billy Currington was really good Saturday night at the rodeo! I really enjoyed him, he seems like such a nice guy and he's adorable! lol.
Just saw Keith last night. Omg lol. He should be EOTY 2011!!! I can't wait to see Brad on the 19th, because I don't know how Brad can put on a better show than Keith did last night! He rocked Reliant Stadium by jumping off the stage and greeting all of the fans and climbing over the bull pens and into the crowd again! Keith is definitely the best guitarist in country music, he was doing some crazy guitar solos last night! The crowd loved it and so did I!
So I can't wait till Friday, cause I'm going to vote, vote,vote for Keith!

carriecountrystar

So looks like a tough decision between Brad and Keith? lol

I have a feeling Miranda has a good shot at EOTY. I don't know if I have enough basis for saying this, lol, but I think she has a very loyal group of fans who will vote hard for her for EOTY. I'm not sure if the GAC polls are a good measure for this, lol, but she's been winning the polls for the Single, Song, and Video.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if miranda swept all categories and took EOTY. I'd still be utterly shocked though...
I don't know what is worse. miranda (the most undeserving) winning or taylor (pop princess) winning...
both have a better shot than either male (brad or keith) winning. somehow female artist have the strongest voting bases...

nccountrygal

Okay so I was just at the ACM website and we can vote for EOTY starting tomorrow. So have we decided who we are going to vote for? I think I am going to vote for Keith Urban.

Also, the ACM website said this is the third year that the EOTY award is being fan voted. Isn't this the 4th year that this award has been fan voted. Kenny Chesney won it the first year it was fan voted I thought and then Carrie won the next two years. So this would be the 4th year it is fan voted right.

nccountrygal

k I think I'm gonna swing my vote back over to Keith as well. I think other fan bases are voting for him. If Miranda wins then sanity is lost forever lol

It was fan voted from the year BEFORE Carrie won. Kenny Chesney cried about it being fan voted because he was afraid he wouldn't win and it would break his streak. You know less political lol. He won anyway.. I remember that very well.

That's what I thought. I remember Kenny did not like it that it was fan voted but he did win the first year it was fan voted.

As a side note I got all sad again when I did not see Carrie's name as a EOTY nominee at the website. Stupid label!

Britt011

Vote Keith tomorrow!!! Let's win this award for him! :)

Can we also text starting tomorrow? Or is that only on the award night?

nccountrygal

I voted for Keith too. By the way I sent the ACM's an email telling them about the error on the website that said this was the 3rd straight year that the EOTY nominees were fan voted. I actually got a reply back from them asking me what area of the website the 3rd year was mentioned and I replied back and told them. It is now fixed to show fourth year instead of 3rd year. Maybe I should have also mentioned in my email that they left off a nominee (Carrie) and they need to list her as a nominee for EOTY as well. Actually I probably should have said in my email that I want to vote for Carrie as a write in nominee.

Britt011

Who did everyone else vote for???
Did yall forget about it? lol. Seems like this was a very popular topic and now no one could careless about it now, since the voting started.

pklongbeach

Well, as you have probably heard by now, TS's team is bribing people to vote by giving a digintal camera to people who participate.
So if y'all have not figured out who to block vote for, you don't stand a chance.
it is TS's award. Period.
Big Machine is not going to rest until it's theirs. And since Sony decided to take out of the ring TS's biggest compitition and put in ML and Brad. Unless you people unanimously decide how to vote TS wins! Period.

Britt011

VOTE KEITH! It's that simple. Get back at Carrie's label & if we vote unanimously we can stop Taylor from winning! We CAN'T give up and let Taylor win! She doesn't deserve this award, by bribing people! If you have already voted, you can also vote more with different emails on different computers.

supercarriefan

Unforunately, Taylor will likely take this award. She certainly shouldn't in light of the bribery issue, but if her fans can help her sell one million albums in a week, they can certainly help her take home this award. I don't know that any amount of block voting is going to help the cause.
This is actually why I wish the EOTY wasn't fan-voted at all.

urbangirl972

Posted this on another thread but wanted to share with you all as well. I have been a Carrie fan since seeing her with Keith in 2008:

I have seen Carrie six times and Brad ten times and love them both as entertainers, but I admit I am here to ask you to vote for Keith for EOTY.

I know you are all upset that Carrie wasn’t nominated – so am I – and understand why you might not want to vote at all. I’m sure you all know how fanatical Taylor fans are; not only are the other nominees having to deal with that, but emails are being sent out in mass asking for votes for her. Big Machine is shelling out big bucks to promote Taylor and is now offering incentives in the form of cameras and concert tickets in exchange for votes. I don’t think that is fair and it certainly isn’t respectful to the other nominees.

Essentially, you guys can still be a huge factor in determining the winner. If you choose not to vote, I believe Taylor will win. I also believe she will win if votes are split between Keith and Brad. Obviously, die-hard Keith fans will vote for him; same with Brad. You all are the difference – your votes normally go to Carrie; now, it is a question of where they will go. I think Brad is a great entertainer and will continue to travel to see him as I have been doing the past two years. What I think puts Keith at the top of the nominee list this year is his commitment to and connection with his fans. He is always out there at red carpet events talking to and taking pictures with the fans and his interaction with them at shows is incredible. If you’ve seen him live, you know what I’m saying; if not, you owe it to yourself to see him perform. The shows with him and Carrie were some of the best I’ve seen.

I know many Keith fans vote for Carrie anytime he is not up for the same award and we will continue to support her. The CMT Awards are coming up soon and we would be happy to vote like crazy for her for any category where Keith is not nominated. I know how devoted you are to Carrie – I feel the same way about Keith and will do whatever I can to see him get the recognition he deserves. Can you please help us ensure that Taylor does not walk away with the EOTY Award this year?

I am not asking you to vote for Keith if you have a loyalty to any of the other nominees. Vote your heart, but please understand a no-vote or splitting the votes amongst the other nominees only helps Taylor. A united front is the best plan, regardless of who you all decide to vote for.

Thank you.