Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should we support for ACM EOTY?

carriecountrystar

Voting still for Keith as we had discussed a while back.

There is all this sentimentality for Brad (and I like Brad too) but he, like Miranda, is one of those that the label is pushing aside Carrie for at the present to try and help attempt to make sure he and Miranda get the awards. If we are going to have the sentimentality for Brad, then we should have it for Miranda also in a way. I am just pushing it aside for both for the time being and doing what a lot had discussed before and voting for someone outside the label - Keith. Plus, he is one of those getting pushed aside all the time for someone else also.

And if Jimmy Carter (who claimed he had a label source) was right in that her label (the new people running it) got to pick who would be up for all the awards from their label, especially EOTY, and pushed Carrie aside to help Miranda and Brad, because of it being fan voted, what do you think the label thought of when they did it, Carrie is friends with Miranda and for sure Brad, so they will for sure go vote for one of those. They think this is a win win situation for them in my opinion and think for sure we will go vote and get their Brad or their Miranda in for EOTY, since they have to know she is supposed to be friends with both.

well said.
let's not be swayed and succumb to what their label is expecting us to do and just go along with it.
take a stand and stick with it
if we can go and vote for keith-that'll send a strong silent message to anyone concerned
WE have a chance to voice our sentiments so let's do it FOR CARRIE
it's all about the principle

Pi314CA

Voting still for Keith as we had discussed a while back.

There is all this sentimentality for Brad (and I like Brad too) but he, like Miranda, is one of those that the label is pushing aside Carrie for at the present to try and help attempt to make sure he and Miranda get the awards. If we are going to have the sentimentality for Brad, then we should have it for Miranda also in a way. I am just pushing it aside for both for the time being and doing what a lot had discussed before and voting for someone outside the label - Keith. Plus, he is one of those getting pushed aside all the time for someone else also.

And if Jimmy Carter (who claimed he had a label source) was right in that her label (the new people running it) got to pick who would be up for all the awards from their label, especially EOTY, and pushed Carrie aside to help Miranda and Brad, because of it being fan voted, what do you think the label thought of when they did it, Carrie is friends with Miranda and for sure Brad, so they will for sure go vote for one of those. They think this is a win win situation for them in my opinion and think for sure we will go vote and get their Brad or their Miranda in for EOTY, since they have to know she is supposed to be friends with both.

I think there is a distinction between the label helping Brad and Miranda. Helping Brad to win EOTY, helping Miranda to have another nomination only. Miranda can claim to have a zillion nominations... No way should the label push Miranda to win EOTY.

cpeTN89

I'm voting for Brad! He is awesome to Carrie and has been the most supportive of her over any other artist in the industry. I mean he has now included two duets with her on his albums. And he is just awesome. He puts on an amazing show. I have seen him in concert 4 times and would pay to see him again tomorrow.

littlefolkgal

I may be wrong, but I thought Keith had won this before. Brad has never won this I believe, and I think he is very deserving. I wish Carrie fans would stick together to vote for the same person just as hard as we voted for Carrie. The others nominated besides these two really are not as deserving. None has been a big headliner except for TS and she just doesn't have the voice and is too pop!

carriecountrystar

I may be wrong, but I thought Keith had won this before. Brad has never won this I believe, and I think he is very deserving. I wish Carrie fans would stick together to vote for the same person just as hard as we voted for Carrie. The others nominated besides these two really are not as deserving. None has been a big headliner except for TS and she just doesn't have the voice and is too pop!

keith has never won acm eoty before.
brad is deserving but this last year wasn't his best I think...
Keith hardly gets awards now and is usually the one pushed aside despite his credentials. usually brad gets male vocalist while kenny gets eoty. I'm not going to JUST use status of friendship alone to determine who to vote. it's about time keith got some recognition and now is the best time to pull support for him!!

cpeTN89

keith has never won acm eoty before.
brad is deserving but this last year wasn't his best I think...
Keith hardly gets awards now and is usually the one pushed aside despite his credentials. usually brad gets male vocalist while kenny gets eoty. I'm not going to JUST use status of friendship alone to determine who to vote. it's about time keith got some recognition and now is the best time to pull support for him!!

I am voting for Brad but it is not JUST based on his friendship with Carrie alone or a tweet. I mean that certainly does help that he has been extremely supportive of my artist ever. But I just love Brad as well. He has an awesome personality and one of the nicest people in the industry. He also puts on an amazing show as well. I know Keith does too and he is deserving as well, don't get me wrong. But I think Brad has had a much bigger year. I don't want to screw over Brad just to piss the label off. That is not fair to him at all because out of the nominees, I think he is the best choice this year.

gocountrymusic

Well I'm voting for Taylor Swift!!!

Kidding everyone. I do like some of her music, but not enough to vote for her. I've switched my vote so many times in my head, but currently I'm on team Keith (We'll see how long it lasts). I just feel that as other people say he has been put to the side in terms of awards, always in the shadow of someone else.

CALEBJOE

Well I'm voting for Taylor Swift!!!

Kidding everyone. I do like some of her music, but not enough to vote for her. I've switched my vote so many times in my head, but currently I'm on team Keith (We'll see how long it lasts). I just feel that as other people say he has been put to the side in terms of awards, always in the shadow of someone else.
The thing with Keith is that he was at his height of his career when he won EOTY for the CMA'S.Then the unthinkable happened with Keith going into rehab for a drug problem that is what stone walled his career but he has faced his demons and is all in his past now.But it has been a battle for Keith ever since coming back to Nashville to start his music career again so i have a lot of respect for Keith for straightening his life out.

Last edited:

carriefan06

yea it takes alot of heart to say that you have a probblem and that i need to get help for it
thats why im voting for keith because it seems like wants to straighten his life out expecially for nicole and their little girl

gocountrymusic

The thing with Keith is that he was at his height of his career when he won EOTY for the CMA'S.Then the unthinkable happened with Keith going into rehab for a drug problem that is what stone walled his career but he has faced his demons and is all past that.But it has been a battle for Keith ever since coming back to Nashville to start his music career again so i have a lot of respect for Keith for straightening his life out.

Totally agree with what you both said. He turned his whole life around and on a less important note put out a kick ass album (Love, pain and the whole crazy thing).

Kenny_Chisholm

Voting for keith. However, there is a good chance taylor will win since all our votes are divided, some to brad some to keith.

supercarriefan

Keith, Brad, and Toby have all been headlining for years. Jason headlined his last tour, I believe. Miranda has just started headlining her own tour in the last year. I agree that Taylor is too pop to be nominated for country awards lol.

yea it takes alot of heart to say that you have a problem and that i need to get help for it
thats why im voting for keith because it seems like wants to straighten his life out expecially for nicole and their little girl

What does Keith's recovery from addiction have to do with his credentials to win EOTY? His personal life is just that: Personal. His music career should be what people base their decision on in terms of awards, not that it is wonderful that he turned his life around. I agree that it's great that he is clean and sober now, but it doesn't make me want to vote for him.

I'm voting for Brad. He is, IMO, the most deserving nominee in the bunch. I'm not voting for him because he is friends with Carrie, or any Carrie-related reason. I just think he is the best choice...simple as that.
The unfortunate thing about those voting for Keith to send a message to Sony is that Sony is highly unlikely to change their practices. Labels have been doing this nonsense for years, and aren't about to change because they don't get their desired outcome for one year. It's sad, but true. I'm not criticizing those that are attempting to stick it to Sony, btw, simply stating an opinion.

Britt011

Looks like split voting is going to happen. But that makes me that much more determined to vote like crazy for Keith. I'm going to be seeing Billy Currington, Keith Urban, and Brad Paisley all at the rodeo this month. I'm seeing Billy today, so excited :) Haven't seen him before in concert. I will be seeing Keith this week and Brad on the 19th. I'm happy I'm seeing Brad, because a lot of people say his concerts are better than Keith's, so I can see for myself if he is actually better. But I really seriously doubt it. I just love Keith to death and I don't think Brad is going to beat Keith :)