Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 racing thread

JB172

The # 11 and # 88 failed inspection so it's to the back for both of them in the 150s.

It's weird seeing Jamie Little on Fox.

buckeyecarriefan

Nice snoozefest on Saturday night. I'm sure the warmer, slicker track on Sunday will help a lot but it was highly disappointing to see neither line ever work at the same time all night.

Even worse to see 2 cars dominate the race.

JB172

I was there. The only NASCAR race I have ever been too & it had to be that one.

That is weird that was the first and only race you have been to.

That is one of those events that you will always remember where you were when you heard the news.

JB172

The Hendrick cars are fast and a really nice job of being a teammate by Kurt Busch helping Dancia make the race.

JB172

That sure didn't take very long and I am with Tom that NASCAR handled this the right way especially when it is as sponsor driven as it is and with the HORRIBLE job that Goodell & the NFL handled the Ray Rice case.

Sounds like Regan Smith is going to be in the car.

buckeyecarriefan

Regan's a solid pick if that's the way they go and I'll be glad to see him get another Cup shot in a good ride. Also was wondering if Hendrick would put Elliott in the car for a few races to get him seat time, since SHR is basically a Hendrick satellite team.

JB172

Regan's a solid pick if that's the way they go and I'll be glad to see him get another Cup shot in a good ride. Also was wondering if Hendrick would put Elliott in the car for a few races to get him seat time, since SHR is basically a Hendrick satellite team.

I think that HMS wants Chase to run for ROY next year so I don't know if they will add any races to what he is already scheduled to run, it will be interesting to see what happens if Busch is out for an extended period of time, maybe Smith will stay in that ride for the races where both the cup and Xfinity series are running the same weekend.

buckeyecarriefan

I think that HMS wants Chase to run for ROY next year so I don't know if they will add any races to what he is already scheduled to run, it will be interesting to see what happens if Busch is out for an extended period of time, maybe Smith will stay in that ride for the races where both the cup and Xfinity series are running the same weekend.

I just question what NASCAR's rule for the number of races is anymore for ROTY. I think clearly HMS wants Chase to be able to run for it and especially since the rookie classes lately have been underwhelming for the most part(Jeb Burton the only contender this year?), but they really haven't specified lately how many races it is. I know it used to be 7 but Danica ran 10 and was still eligible in 2013. They also were considering letting Bayne be eligible this year, but decided he ran too many CUMULATIVE races, not necessarily too many in one season. Seems like the 7 races rule no longer applies if you're not running for points in Cup, as long as you don't run too many(my guess is 50 since Bayne's been in 58) for your career.

Last I heard he was scheduled for 5 in the 25 this year so I was just thinking maybe another 2-3 in the 41, but that was before I remembered Smith was there last year at the Glen when Stewart decided not to race.

JB172

I just question what NASCAR's rule for the number of races is anymore for ROTY. I think clearly HMS wants Chase to be able to run for it and especially since the rookie classes lately have been underwhelming for the most part(Jeb Burton the only contender this year?), but they really haven't specified lately how many races it is. I know it used to be 7 but Danica ran 10 and was still eligible in 2013. They also were considering letting Bayne be eligible this year, but decided he ran too many CUMULATIVE races, not necessarily too many in one season. Seems like the 7 races rule no longer applies if you're not running for points in Cup, as long as you don't run too many(my guess is 50 since Bayne's been in 58) for your career.

Last I heard he was scheduled for 5 in the 25 this year so I was just thinking maybe another 2-3 in the 41, but that was before I remembered Smith was there last year at the Glen when Stewart decided not to race.

That is right they did do away with the X amount of races run to still be able to run for ROTY.

Other that Chase and Smith I don't know who else they would put into the car if Busch doesn't win his appeal and he is out for an extended period of time, it could end up just being Smith's ride

JB172

NASCAR would you please put the SAFER barrier all around the race tracks.

Goodness did Kyle Busch hit a ton.

buckeyecarriefan

That was nasty. Really hope he's alright and I don't understand how in 2015 with the technology having been available for 15 years now there's not a SAFER barrier covering every inch of every track. I understand there's certain spots where cars basically never hit, but all it takes is once. Today was that once and now we could potentially be without one of the sports best drivers for at least tomorrow and who knows how long going forward. I hope not, but that didn't look good at all.

JB172

That was nasty. Really hope he's alright and I don't understand how in 2015 with the technology having been available for 15 years now there's not a SAFER barrier covering every inch of every track. I understand there's certain spots where cars basically never hit, but all it takes is once. Today was that once and now we could potentially be without one of the sports best drivers for at least tomorrow and who knows how long going forward. I hope not, but that didn't look good at all.

It's just ridiculous that there isn't a SAFER barrier in the spot that he hit at, tracks want to use the "cars will not hit there" excuse yet cars still find a way to hit there anyway, that was a really scary looking hit and hopefully Kyle isn't hurt to bad.

The look of sheer fear on the face of Samantha was just sad to see.

buckeyecarriefan

It's just ridiculous that there isn't a SAFER barrier in the spot that he hit at, tracks want to use the "cars will not hit there" excuse yet cars still find a way to hit there anyway, that was a really scary looking hit and hopefully Kyle isn't hurt to bad.

The look of sheer fear on the face of Samantha was just sad to see.

I was so thankful when someone (apparently) told her he was at least out of the car and awake, the last thing she needs right now being pregnant is be worried about whether her husband is alive or dead.

The minute Gordon tore up the inside wall at Vegas back in 08 EVERY track should have been putting up SAFER barriers on every inch of track. For everything NASCAR has done positive in safety in the last decade, it seems like they're always reactionary and it takes some fluke accident and unfortunately sometimes serious injury and death for them to actually fix it. Why not be AHEAD of the danger for once?

JB172

I was so thankful when someone (apparently) told her he was at least out of the car and awake, the last thing she needs right now being pregnant is be worried about whether her husband is alive or dead.

The minute Gordon tore up the inside wall at Vegas back in 08 EVERY track should have been putting up SAFER barriers on every inch of track. For everything NASCAR has done positive in safety in the last decade, it seems like they're always reactionary and it takes some fluke accident and unfortunately sometimes serious injury and death for them to actually fix it. Why not be AHEAD of the danger for once?

I was glad that whoever that was told her that he was awake and talking to the medics, I think that it was one of Fox's people.

I will give Daytona and NASCAR credit for putting the tire barriers up tomorrow and then they will start putting the SAFER barriers up as soon as they can, everyone else needs to follow suit, I still don't know how Gordon walked away from that wreck in Vegas.

buckeyecarriefan

NASCAR @NASCAR · 6m 6 minutes ago
NEWS: @KyleBusch has sustained a right lower leg compound fracture and left mid-foot fracture. A return date has not yet been determined.

Weird to think that it could have been worse than THAT but with the angle and speed of impact at least he's still living.

JB172

NASCAR @NASCAR · 6m 6 minutes ago
NEWS: @KyleBusch has sustained a right lower leg compound fracture and left mid-foot fracture. A return date has not yet been determined.

Weird to think that it could have been worse than THAT but with the angle and speed of impact at least he's still living.

He is going to miss months but he is lucky those injuries as bad as they are were the only thing that happened to him that was a nasty looking wreck.

countryfan2006

If Nascar stop worrying so much about themselves this wouldn't have had happened to Kyle Busch or anyone in the first place.

Thoughts and prayers are with Kyle Busch and family tonight and today.