Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 racing thread

buckeyecarriefan

I'm not a HUGE fan of either of his drivers(don't really mind Logano though), but it's always great to see the Captain in victory lane at Indy or Daytona!

JB172

The three wide, 7 rows deep that went on for about 8 laps was just incredible racing.

Joey was strong the whole day and even if the yellow wasn't thrown I still think that he would have won.

JB172

Even though it should have already been done it's nice to see a lot of the tracks adding the SAFER barrier to parts of the track that were not already protected.

buckeyecarriefan

Brian Scott's always seemed like one the good guys. Hope this is the year he breaks through with that first Busch win.

On that note, I REFUSE to call it XFinity. It's back to Busch for me.

Ann055

Brian Scott's always seemed like one the good guys. Hope this is the year he breaks through with that first Busch win.

On that note, I REFUSE to call it XFinity. It's back to Busch for me.

Me either! But those broadcasters & reporters, man I feel sorry for them. Pockrass got all kinds of crap on twitter because he said Busch once. He fired right back. I loved it.

buckeyecarriefan

Didn't get a chance to watch it when it was on but I DVR'd it and watched it after. That was really well done. As a Rusty fan I really didn't like Earnhardt but NASCAR just hasn't been the same since he died.

Also watching all that old footage of NASCAR in the 90s, I really miss that. Dale(Earnhardt and Jarrett), Rusty, Mark Martin, the Labontes, young Jeff Gordon, Ricky Rudd, Ernie Irvan, Bill Elliott, the Burtons, Sterling Marlin. That was MY NASCAR. That's what got me into the sport. Best part of those days was it was completely possible for a new, underfunded team to show up to the track, hit on the setup that day, and run top 5. Now? The best even the established backmarkers like Front Row and Germain can really hope for in a non plate race is a top 15, and that took 5-10 years to build too. It's a real shame how hard it is for a new team to break into the sport and actually have a shot.

JB172

Didn't get a chance to watch it when it was on but I DVR'd it and watched it after. That was really well done. As a Rusty fan I really didn't like Earnhardt but NASCAR just hasn't been the same since he died.

Also watching all that old footage of NASCAR in the 90s, I really miss that. Dale(Earnhardt and Jarrett), Rusty, Mark Martin, the Labontes, young Jeff Gordon, Ricky Rudd, Ernie Irvan, Bill Elliott, the Burtons, Sterling Marlin. That was MY NASCAR. That's what got me into the sport. Best part of those days was it was completely possible for a new, underfunded team to show up to the track, hit on the setup that day, and run top 5. Now? The best even the established backmarkers like Front Row and Germain can really hope for in a non plate race is a top 15, and that took 5-10 years to build too. It's a real shame how hard it is for a new team to break into the sport and actually have a shot.

The battles that he and Rusty had were a lot of fun to watch.

JB172

Kurt Busch will not face any criminal charges - ESPN

That is very good personally and could be professionally for Kurt, this should lead to Chevy reinstating him and once he gets done with NASCAR's reinstatement program they will likely reinstate him then that is where it will get interesting to see what Stewart and more so Haas will decide to do.

It will be Haas's company on the hood of the car and it would be up to him if he wants a guy although no charged with domestic violence will still be looked at sideways by people.