Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 ACM Awards - March 7

Michael Reid

Not impressed with all the noms for Female Artist, Entertainer will be interesting.

Female
Carly Pearce
Ashley McBride
Gabby Barrett
Maren Morris
Miranda Lambert

personally I feel like Mickey Guyton should of squeaked in there, as Remember her name is an amazing album. Plus she’s been all over representing Country music on a Genre scale. Carrie should of made it in there, I guess since they aren’t country albums it doesn’t count, or they have moved on to the next crop of female artist. Kind of shocked to not see Kacey in there either. Another back to the roots country album with Star Crossed, and no love there either.

Entertainer
Luke Combs
Chris Stapleton
Miranda Lambert
Carrie Underwood
Eric Church

I feel like it may be Luke’s to lose but Carrie can pick up the steam with IDLY and her residency, and sprinkle My savior as a bonus…

adam1995

Cool to see Carrie up for 4 awards. Looks like she has graduated from consistent female artist of the year, to consistent entertainer of the year. I'll take that. She'll likely be nominated for female when she releases albums, but they're trying to sprinkle in newer blood, at least a little.

CU4ever

Disappointed that there’s no female nom. Ashley McBryde didn’t do more than Carrie did and she got a nomination, and there were many years when other artists didn’t do anything and got the nomination. Hopefully she’s back next year for good.

IIDLY must win some of its awards. It’s one of the biggest hits in recent years so It deserves to win based on that alone

PRGuy79

I am perplexed by Carrie's absence from Female Artist of the Year - considering the ACMs deemed her influence significant enough to be part of a potential Single, Video and Collaboration of the Year - and enough to be considered as Entertainer of the Year. These nominations just continue to be head-scratchers in regard to consistency and rationale.

But I am excited to see Carrie recognized in the four categories!

MSCarriefan

From County Aircheck ACM edition

Attachments

• 38BE8D3A-4A12-4661-9502-53846443B5EF.jpeg
    38BE8D3A-4A12-4661-9502-53846443B5EF.jpeg
    543.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 70A4A300-141D-4D13-8B85-245DD6A63CDF.jpeg
    70A4A300-141D-4D13-8B85-245DD6A63CDF.jpeg
    449.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 0FBB414D-AB71-46F8-ABE1-CE47C1FE6EF4.jpeg
    0FBB414D-AB71-46F8-ABE1-CE47C1FE6EF4.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 32

Michael Reid

So they announced solos, in one announcement, and then duets in another announcement. Both Jason and Carrie were announced solo today. Perhaps a double booking of Duet and Solo’s

simonplay

I really want a new song but this show will have very little audience! so a performance of IIDLY with Jason makes sence, and the song is a 3 times nominee too..

I prefer a new song at the CMT's, the Grammys or Billboard awards.

CU4ever

I wish she was debuting new music but I highly doubt it since no new single has been teased. She always has the best most fun performances at CMTS, IMO, so I’d love a lead single performance there. But that’s only a month after ACMs so regardless we would have to be hearing about new music soon

monkeyboy16

Yeah it’s weird that they announced other people as collaborating, but Jason and Carrie as solo. I hope she is doing a solo song, but will be fine with anything lol

Momin

If they do IIDLY, it might be a different arrangement. They did the studio version at the CMAs and the AMAs. Might change it up like she did The Fighter at the CMT Awards.

maddkat

Staff member
^ I really don't think Jason has the ability to do any kind of new arrangement of IIDLY like Keith did with TF.
if for some reason they do IIDLY I hope Carrie also gets a solo spot since they were announced separately. But not new music since the show won't be seen by many. It's be a waste of a debut.