Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 ACM Awards on May 11

CU4ever

See I would understand them leaving Carrie out of FVOTY if they were trying to graduate the older artists from being in that category and moving them to the EOTY category, but my issue is that for whatever reason Miranda is still in there.

Overall for FVOTY I agree with Lainey, Carly, and Kelsea all being in there, as they've all seen relatively good success this year, but for Miranda and Ashley, idk why they are in there. I love Ashley, but outside of a single being dropped about a month ago, she's done nothing.
The problem for me is the men can still get nominated in both MVOTY and EOTY. Now I do know Luke B and Jason graduated from MVOTY but Carrie is still undeniably worthy of the female nominee, considering she has very little worthy competition. I love Ashley too, but Carrie is more buzzy, noteworthy, and did way more than Ashley.

rcramer

See I would understand them leaving Carrie out of FVOTY if they were trying to graduate the older artists from being in that category and moving them to the EOTY category, but my issue is that for whatever reason Miranda is still in there.

Overall for FVOTY I agree with Lainey, Carly, and Kelsea all being in there, as they've all seen relatively good success this year, but for Miranda and Ashley, idk why they are in there. I love Ashley, but outside of a single being dropped about a month ago, she's done nothing.
So you are saying relatively good success, maybe chart wise but what about touring? Is the FVOTY based on just chart success? I don’t even put weight on the award, if it is merited then even legends should be included…

and to just put names in there to snub Carrie makes no dang sense… But these awards are getting and have been WME artist wins and major nominations…

rcramer

Oh well I don’t really follow any of these new ladies with the exception of liking some of thier songs. But none to me are really that impressive vocalists…

the new crop of male and female can’t hold candles to the ones before them. iMO.. so snub the best one out there. Just makes the academy look asinine.

Michael Reid

Well snubs are coming out, I like what Taste of Country said. On the snub on Carrie for Female. Very simply put

“It’s a simple question: Is Carrie Underwood one of the Top 5 female artists in country music? With apologies to the 2023 ACM Awards nominees in this category, she’s No. 1 or No. 2. So, why no nomination? “

Momin

I think they want to make room for the new crop of female artists now. Carrie and Miranda have reigned for a very long time and they just want to usher in a new era now, give them recognition too. That's the only thing that makes sense for why she wasn't given the nomination.

Zach1998

So you are saying relatively good success, maybe chart wise but what about touring? Is the FVOTY based on just chart success? I don’t even put weight on the award, if it is merited then even legends should be included…

and to just put names in there to snub Carrie makes no dang sense… But these awards are getting and have been WME artist wins and major nominations…
A number of different things. FVOTY isn’t based on just touring, that’s EOTY, although touring probably is one of the many factors looked at when looking at FVOTY.

Lainey is one of the “trendy” artists atm and has been seeing success with her singles & album (selling enough units to have stayed on the BB country albums chart since released in October, while D&R only lasted 5ish weeks.

Carly is fresh off her most acclaimed album, with her first Grammy win and just had back to back #1s off her album, both of which have streamed/sold very well.

Kelsea received a new wave of hype with her divorce ep, which kind of introduced a lot of fans who didn’t know she existed since that project blew up on Tik Tok.

Those three ladies at least feel like they earned a spot in that category. Miranda & Ashley making the cut is where there’s a problem because they haven’t don’t a lot, where an argument could be made. Feel like they are the ones who took Carrie’s spot.

Last edited:

countrymusicfan15

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Carrie decides to skip this year (for the first time ever?)…unless she’s obligated by her management to promote the Vegas residency

rcramer

If she chooses to skip, she'll join 99.5% of the rest of the world. This show is no longer relevant and they can't even score a television partner. Embarrassing. Carrie can generate more publicity by going to Whole Foods.
Well ur right…. A lot of award shows and things are losing ratings…. Good way of doing it with this type of blatant nonsense…

CU4ever

Well snubs are coming out, I like what Taste of Country said. On the snub on Carrie for Female. Very simply put

“It’s a simple question: Is Carrie Underwood one of the Top 5 female artists in country music? With apologies to the 2023 ACM Awards nominees in this category, she’s No. 1 or No. 2. So, why no nomination? “
So so well put.

Is Carrie one of the top 5 women in country?

Absolutely. No way she shouldn’t have been nominated.

Hil

I don't even know where to start. It's ridiculous she was snubbed for female vocalist. That's a joke, they're a joke, it's all one big clown show tbh.

People saying kelsea is riding high off her divorce is peak crazy lol I just thought that was wild to say. Anyway, I don't get how Miranda and Ashley are in this category.

Btw, I kinda always enjoy she and Miranda going head to head. They spent basically two decades in country doing that. While I don't agree with all of Miranda's wins, I do respect her. I just don't think she should have made the category over Carrie this time as she hasn't had much going on in comparison.

I'm also not really a big fan of anyone else besides Carrie currently in country. It's just very blah for my personal taste. If Carrie goes and performs I'll watch, if not, I won't.

Also, those saying they're more worried about Carrie winning EOTY at the CMA's, y'all get if she doesn't win here she def won't win there. It's harder at the CMA's. More voters, and for whatever reason that section never vote her way. Carrie deserves the win, but we all have seen this show before.

Last edited:

countrymusicfan15

I don't even know where to start. It's ridiculous she was snubbed for female vocalist. That's a joke, they're a joke, it's all one big clown show tbh.

People saying kelsea is riding high off her divorce is peak crazy lol I just thought that was wild to say. Anyway, I don't get how Miranda and Ashley are in this category.

Btw, I kinda always enjoy she and Miranda going head to head. They spent basically two decades in country doing that. While I don't agree with all of Miranda's wins, I do respect her. I just don't think she should have made the category over Carrie this time as she hasn't had much going on in comparison.

I'm also not really a big fan of anyone else besides Carrie currently in country. It's just very blah for my personal taste. If Carrie goes and performs I'll watch, if not, I won't.

Also, those saying they're more worried about Carrie winning EOTY at the CMA's, y'all get if she doesn't win here she def won't win there. It's harder at the CMA's. More voters, and for whatever reason that section never vote her way. Carrie deserves the win, but we all have seen this show before.
Yes exactly! 💯 not much to say besides what you already said haha

Reactions: Hil

adam1995

When will you guys realize these don't matter, and stop getting so upset, lol?

Like yeah, I want her to win but grand scheme...it's pointless.

rcramer

I see Cody Johnson got snubbed for male vocalist. He is by far one of the best newer male vocalists out there. Hope his song TYC wins the awards it’s up for…

Reactions: Hil