Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 ACM Awards on May 11

JennyD

See I would understand them leaving Carrie out of FVOTY if they were trying to graduate the older artists from being in that category and moving them to the EOTY category, but my issue is that for whatever reason Miranda is still in there.

Overall for FVOTY I agree with Lainey, Carly, and Kelsea all being in there, as they've all seen relatively good success this year, but for Miranda and Ashley, idk why they are in there. I love Ashley, but outside of a single being dropped about a month ago, she's done nothing.
I don’t understand how Miranda got any nominations. She doesn’t even have a label anymore! Looking at the last year Palomino was the most critically acclaimed of all the country albums released, finishing in the top 20 all genre in the big publications (Billboard, Rolling Stone, LA Times etc). Without a label though it seems odd to get nominations. Carrie just seems to be taken for granted by the awards people. There’s nobody that can out sing her and the award is for “vocalist.”

Zach1998

I don’t understand how Miranda got any nominations. She doesn’t even have a label anymore! Looking at the last year Palomino was the most critically acclaimed of all the country albums released, finishing in the top 20 all genre in the big publications (Billboard, Rolling Stone, LA Times etc). Without a label though it seems odd to get nominations. Carrie just seems to be taken for granted by the awards people. There’s nobody that can out sing her and the award is for “vocalist.”
I think Sony still pushed for nominations for her (for what ever reason, bragging rights most likely.) Because when they congratulated their nominated artists with a post for some reason she was included even though she’s not with them anymore.

teesharky

After all the snubs and terrible treatment- especially for female vocalist- it’s going to be really hard for me to watch this disaster. We already know the outcome. The over-rated over hyped Lainey will win female for her boring Truck song and racist Morgan Whalen will win eoty. If carrie does not perform- I am taking a hard pass.

CU4ever

I don’t think Carrie will be there. But if she is there and not a performer, what a disgrace (assuming it wasn’t her choice)

rcramer

Not sure how an ACM EOY nominee does not get a performance slot? My guess is she'll perform OOTT
I don't think she is even attending.... And what the heck this is not even being broadcasted on a major network station...... I can only imagine the viewership, will most likely be an all-time low... The Queen of Country and EOTY nominee not performing, devastating, but speaks for itself the way this show is...

sco

As an EOTY nominee she would have a slot if she had asked for one. Likely her team's decision.

CU4ever

I just can’t believe she is skipping the show. I totally get it from one pov, that she knows she won’t win and is tired of that happening. But I’m surprised the label and her team passed up a performance slot

Michael Reid

Didn’t watch it this year. Just read winners, Lainey was the big winner with Female, Album and Music Event, and Music Video. Chris Stapleton won Entertainer. Morgan won Male. Cole Swindell won song and single of the year.