Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd single

What will be single #3?

• Renegade Runaway

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Dirty Laundry

Votes: 58 59.8%
  • Church Bells

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Choctaw County Affair

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Like I'll Never Love You Again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chaser

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Relapse

• Mexico

• Clock Don't Stop

• TGYTIA/WINKIAW

• Total voters

Kizmet311

I adore CB and CCA, but I think DL has to be next. The crowd really does love it on tour. Then it needs to be moved to the encore instead of Smoke Break.

maddkat

Staff member
releasing is a good good move
moving it to the encore however would make zero sense to me

it's fine right where it is paired with CCA ,as is SB
What needs to be moved is CDS ,out the door

Kizmet311

releasing is a good good move
moving it to the encore however would make zero sense to me

it's fine right where it is paired with CCA ,as is SB
What needs to be moved is CDS ,out the door

I just think the encore needs something more upbeat. SITW is a perfect ending, but I don't care for Smoke Break in the encore. It's too laid back. I just think the encore could use a little more energy and I sure don't want BHC back in the encore.

maddkat

Staff member
Why does the encore need too upbeat songs? The BA tour didn't have that and it was fine.
I really liked the production of SB at the concert.The crowd loved it,was singing along, and the lighting was great.

Kizmet311

Why does the encore need too upbeat songs? The BA tour didn't have that and it was fine.
I really liked the production of SB at the concert.The crowd loved it,was singing along, and the lighting was great.

Just my personal opinion. I don't like Smoke Break in the encore. BA had two show-stoppers in the encore - IKYW and BA. This tour has one show stopper in the encore, in my opinion. Just my opinion, we don't have to agree.

maddkat

Staff member
Just my personal opinion. I don't like Smoke Break in the encore. BA had two show-stoppers in the encore - IKYW and BA. This tour has one show stopper in the encore, in my opinion. Just my opinion, we don't have to agree.
Sorry I didn't mean to upset you.Just wondering why you felt the encore needs two upbeat songs.

mtreasmith

I agree Kizmet. The production and lighting and everything was good about SB. Just doesn't belong in encore. The perfect encore, IMO, Mexico then SITW. Get the crowd roaring... then blow everyones mind with SITW. Two completely different highs.

Kizmet311

Sorry I didn't mean to upset you.Just wondering why you felt the encore needs two upbeat songs.

I guess I don't think of SITW as upbeat in the sense that I would like a sassy/rocking Carrie song in the encore. While IKYW and BA were neither rockers, they were both show-stopping performances vocally. Smoke Break is just so laid back. I like the song, but I think it is going to be overshadowed by every other song released from ST and I think the encore should include the biggest hit from the album. For the first leg, there wasn't really another option, but if DL is released as the third single and blows up, I think it should get to represent ST in the encore or even Church Bells. SITW is quintessential Carrie. Smoke Break isn't, to me anyway. I guess I like a good one-two punch in the final encore and I feel like all we get is one punch with SITW. Even though it was clearly the encore my friends looked completely confused when I told them SITW was last and to stand up. I guess it didn't feel like a final encore to them.

I know how we can agree, Donna - just put Chaser in the encore with SITW. (wink).

twaintrain

I haven't seen her yet this go around, but it seems a little odd to me that two new songs would be in the encore. SITW has become a classic and I think ending with the showstopper to end all showstoppers is perfect, but I have to agree that SB is sort of an odd choice.

We are hardcore fans so we don't get as excited about BHC as casual fans (because we've heard it a million times), but I would think most of the people in her concerts aren't as rabid as we are and would get really excited if she began her encore with BHC. I could've seen her ending her 4th set with CC or GG.

Actually, as much as I love the BA-TBC-DL-CCA set, it would have been incredible to have BA be the first song in the encore. The intro to BA gets everyone so excited it would have been perfect for the encore. And SITW would blend seamlessly.

Kizmet311

I haven't seen her yet this go around, but it seems a little odd to me that two new songs would be in the encore. SITW has become a classic and I think ending with the showstopper to end all showstoppers is perfect, but I have to agree that SB is sort of an odd choice.

We are hardcore fans so we don't get as excited about BHC as casual fans (because we've heard it a million times), but I would think most of the people in her concerts aren't as rabid as we are and would get really excited if she began her encore with BHC. I could've seen her ending her 4th set with CC or GG.

Actually, as much as I love the BA-TBC-DL-CCA set, it would have been incredible to have BA be the first song in the encore. The intro to BA gets everyone so excited it would have been perfect for the encore. And SITW would blend seamlessly.

I think BA would blend seamlessly with SITW as well, but it seems like she does normally put a song from the new album in the encore, although it's been so long since the CR/PO tours, I can't even remember which songs were in the encore then. I think Church Bells would fit in the encore nicely too, if she wanted a new song from the album. It probably gets a little lost in the main set with DL and CCA being the standouts from the new album. Of course, I do hope CB becomes a smash single and then it could "earn" it's place in the encore. I think ending the main set with BHC is nice, because she is still saving her most well-known song for "last", but as a hardcore fan, you are right that I don't want to see it in the encore. I think the causal fans, though, are very familiar with SITW and I think it is a good replacement for BHC as the well-known song to close the show.

maddkat

Staff member
I think BA would blend seamlessly with SITW as well, but it seems like she does normally put a song from the new album in the encore, although it's been so long since the CR/PO tours, I can't even remember which songs were in the encore then. I think Church Bells would fit in the encore nicely too, if she wanted a new song from the album. It probably gets a little lost in the main set with DL and CCA being the standouts from the new album. Of course, I do hope CB becomes a smash single and then it could "earn" it's place in the encore. I think ending the main set with BHC is nice, because she is still saving her most well-known song for "last", but as a hardcore fan, you are right that I don't want to see it in the encore. I think the causal fans, though, are very familiar with SITW and I think it is a good replacement for BHC as the well-known song to close the show.

CR Tour encore was PC/BHC
PO Tour encore was BHC/SLT
BA Tour encore was IKYW/BA

Guess I'm the only one that really likes SB.I just love that song and like it's placement.
I do hope though that she reconsiders CDS and replaces it with Chaser.Be amazing.

twaintrain

If she were putting a new song in the encore, I would go with CCA. There could be a really cool intro with that one. Carrie on harmonica. It would be an awesome encore.

She could move CB to the BA-TBC-DL set and it would fit perfectly.

CR tour I believe the encore was Paradise City and BHC.
PO tour it was Songs Like This but I can't remember if there was another song or not.

twaintrain

CR Tour encore was PC/BHC
PO Tour encore was BHC/SLT
BA Tour encore was IKYW/BA

Guess I'm the only one that really likes SB.I just love that song and like it's placement.
I do hope though that she reconsiders CDS and replaces it with Chaser.Be amazing.

I like SB but it just seems a bit "laid back" for the encore. It's like an encore song needs to either be sparse ("I Know You Won't), upbeat fun (BHC), or power ballad (SITW/BA).

I don't know, maybe it will make sense when I see it in person. And yes, I would love for "Chaser" to be added.

Kizmet311

Well, since she used SLT in the encore for the PO tour and it never became a single, then she could pretty much pick any of the show-stoppers for the ST tour encore. CCA would definitely work and I do think CB could work in the "act" that you mentioned with BA-TBC-DL. We could just move Smoke Break to the end of the first act (sorry, Donna, lol).

maddkat

Staff member
I like SB but it just seems a bit "laid back" for the encore. It's like an encore song needs to either be sparse ("I Know You Won't), upbeat fun (BHC), or power ballad (SITW/BA).

I don't know, maybe it will make sense when I see it in person. And yes, I would love for "Chaser" to be added.

you mention in your previous post CCA as an encore song yet it s neither sparse, nor upbeat nor a power ballad.It's quite laid back actually.

bottom line though is nothing is going to change except maybe CDS.Carrie's never changed her encore songs mid tour

Jon

I'd love CCA to be the next single!! :D But I guess will be between DL and CB; and I prefer DL over CB because CB sounds a bit like TBC, IMO. I mean, is almost the same story concept about a woman who gets revenge from her man ending with him being killed. Dirty Laundry is a bit different, and I don't want Carrie to be, somehow, labeled as a "killer man storyteller" xD But man, this era is soooo good :D Looking for more grammy nominations next year haha :D

jptexas

When all my nieces and nephews are singing along to the accapella chorus of DL, I know it's a huge hit.

twaintrain

you mention in your previous post CCA as an encore song yet it s neither sparse, nor upbeat nor a power ballad.It's quite laid back actually.

bottom line though is nothing is going to change except maybe CDS.Carrie's never changed her encore songs mid tour

I don't think CCA is laid-back at all. For me, from the songs from Storyteller, it's the showstopper. It's a throwdown with Carrie on the harmonica.