Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd single

What will be single #3?

• Renegade Runaway

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Dirty Laundry

Votes: 58 59.8%
  • Church Bells

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Choctaw County Affair

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Like I'll Never Love You Again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chaser

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Relapse

• Mexico

• Clock Don't Stop

• TGYTIA/WINKIAW

• Total voters

Hil

Sorry I didn't mean to upset you.Just wondering why you felt the encore needs two upbeat songs.

I liked the encore. I loved Smoke Break and SITW. I'm in the minority of not even being a big IKYW fan. I mean, sure it's amazing live, but Carrie has other vocally challenging songs i like much more.

gocountrymusic

I have no idea what I want as the third single. I love Dirty Laundry and its so dang catchy and still my favorite. But I don't know if I want it for single 4 instead and have a high intensity song for the third single like RR or Churchbells. I know RR isn't everyones favorite but I love Carrie's live performances of it so I think it could be a good single choice. I'm hoping for (3) Church Bells (4) Dirty Laundry (5) CCA. After seeing the live video of CCA I would love this to be the closing single for Carrie. At this point though I don't think there's a song that I would be disappointed with getting a release that are in consideration to be singles.

jaks_weyn

I hope CCA and DL are not released consecutively... They both need to win their own Grammy's and not cancel each other out... : D

twaintrain

I hope CCA and DL are not released consecutively... They both need to win their own Grammy's and not cancel each other out... : D

When Carrie wins Country Album, she won't be eligible to nominate a song the next year unless it's a live version.

Wishful thinking :)

gocountrymusic

When Carrie wins Country Album, she won't be eligible to nominate a song the next year unless it's a live version.

Wishful thinking :)

Its okay she can win a grammy for country album next year and then something for a live version of Choctaw County Affair the following year.

PRGuy79

I think they will go with a decidedly faster paced single for choice #3 - just to shake things up. For that reason, I think Church Bells and Renegade Runaway have the edge.

ramb

What I think the label will do: DL 3rd and RR 4th.
What I want: DL 3rd - CCA 4th - CB 5th (if we get a 5th single).

Unfortunatly, I think the label will choose RR over CCA and CB.
I just hope they give CCA a chance. It's SO DAMN GOOD. Plus, Carrie and her harmonica need to be on TV like yesterday.

hjj

I like Carrie with the harminica but think it takes away from what I like best about the CCA, the McClary BGV. In a big setting I would perfer it to be done like the recording.

twaintrain

I get the vibe that RR will be like Flat On The Floor. Fun album and concert opener but not a single. Really hoping for DL, CCA and CB.

hjj

If Carrie label would just read this thread, they would save money. I hope it is DL. I really think anything will be better or more interesting than 1st two singles.

Kizmet311

I get the vibe that RR will be like Flat On The Floor. Fun album and concert opener but not a single. Really hoping for DL, CCA and CB.

That is what I am hoping/thinking. Although I would have been thrilled if FOTF had been a single during the CR era, but there wasn't really a good song for it to replace. It's not that I dislike RR, I like it, I just think there are 4-5 better song choices before it (DL, CB, CCA, LINLYA, Chaser, TGYTIA). RR is musically cool, but the story/lyrics just aren't strong enough for this era, in my opinion.

Kizmet311

You know, thinking about Carrie's album eras in general, even though there have been a few times when a fan favorite wasn't released, I feel like overall her label has made good choices. Some Hearts had the perfect singles, since they were basically choosing from the Mark Bright-produced, country half of the album. Carnival Ride had excellent single choices. I love FOTF, but that would have been 6 singles back then, which would never have happened at the time. Blown Away had 3 amazing singles and even though SYA was not the obvious choice, it has done so well for her and the video was wonderful. Some of us would have liked to see DYTAM or WAW released, but I don't think there are any others on that album I would have considered. CGAS is fun, but I wouldn't have picked over any of the others.

So, really, I think PO is probably the only album where single choices were really questionable and there probably isn't even a consensus on that one. CC was a given. UI is fun and upbeat and still a concert favorite for Carrie (and for me, although I'm in the minority here, lol). TH was beautiful and I adore that song and I am glad it was a single. MS is the only one that is highly questionable, although I do love the video with Carol and Mike. Now that time has passed, I don't think WCIS would have been a good single. I loved it at the time, but it hasn't aged as well as other Carrie songs for me. SLT or Quitter could have been good singles and if they wanted a slow song, I would have MUCH preferred LAM or SWISLY instead of MS.

So, overall, I think I am going to trust Carrie's team. I think they have shown that they know what they're doing in the past, as long as the pre-release singles don't end up being the singles like they did with PO. Then I will throw a hissy fit!

Kizmet311

Is it too soon to start campaigning on Twitter for DL to be the third single? Or do you think it's pointless, because they probably already picked the 3rd single and have the video done? I know it's pointless to wait until HB hits #1, because they will probably announce the third single pretty quickly unless they wanted it to be a surprise debut at the ACMs or something.

countrymusicfan15

Is it too soon to start campaigning on Twitter for DL to be the third single? Or do you think it's pointless, because they probably already picked the 3rd single and have the video done? I know it's pointless to wait until HB hits #1, because they will probably announce the third single pretty quickly unless they wanted it to be a surprise debut at the ACMs or something.

Let's campaign!!!!