Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

46th ACM Nominations

epicamends

I really don't think Keith will be that big of an upset. JMO. Like someone said, if he wins, it's not like the label is gonna say "oh, those darn Carrie fans!"

Britt011

I think he will be a big upset, he's hardly ever recognized anymore. They aren't expecting himm to win. They might not say it like that, but I'm pretty sure no one is placing bets on Keith to win. lol

carebear4eva

I think he will be a big upset, he's hardly ever recognized anymore. They aren't expecting himm to win. They might not say it like that, but I'm pretty sure no one is placing bets on Keith to win. lol

I agree. I definitely wouldn't have thought Keith would win. Now with three STRONG fan bases pouring in their votes, he may well.

jbrown

They most probably are, and they did so last year. But, the thing is, they don't actually check your IP address. When you vote, it creates an Internet file on your computer, that marks your PC as having "voted". Hence, almost everyone bypassed it. If you have 2 computers at home, you can vote twice easily. But, for the really effective chain-voting here's what you do :
a) If you have a new version of Windows, just use "InPrvate Browsing" from IE
or
b) "Private Browsing" from Firefox
or
c) "Incognito" from Google Chrome.
This prevents it from creating the file that labels you as having voted. If you do not wish to do this however, just clear your entire browsing history (select clear ALL, cookies, passwords, everything), and you should be able to vote again.
I have observed on some computers, however, that even if you did all of the above, it still recognizes you. This is because, even though you deleted the file, the memory pointer to that file still exists, and that is enough to block you. In that case, do everything I mentioned above (to delete the file), and restart your computer. In shutting down and restarting, the memory pointer to the file that it creates is lost, and thus you can vote again.

One last point : DO NOT FAVOURITE THE VOTING SITE. THIS WILL PREVENT YOU FROM SPAM-VOTING. IF YOU ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO TYPE THE SITE EVERYTIME, SIMPLY SAVE THE LINK ON A NOTEPAD FILE ON YOUR DESKTOP AND COPY-PASTE THAT ONTO YOUR BROWSER. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY FAVOURITED THE SITE, UNFAVOURITE IT IMMEDIATELY!

Finally, note that this is standard procedure for ALL awards, not just the ACMs. Chain-voting is possible on every site, and nearly every fan-base does so. If us Carebears have not been doing so, then this is the single greatest boost to our voting power that we have seen in a long time. Now if the industry would just nominate our girl, every award would be ours :p

Oh, and last of all, I know I'm starting to spam, but if you have time, please go help out here : http://www.carriefans.com/forums/ca...05-new-youtube-mission-boost-carries-rep.html

Thanks Carebear4eva I will try to do this once the voting starts. Please remind us again when the time comes. I am really computer illiterate. I am forever asking our receptionist for help when I get into computer trouble even simple ones. You are one smart cookie.

undrwood9098

Keith may end up taking it. Carrie's fanbase + Rascal Flatt's fanbase + Tim's fanbase added to Keith's fanbase easily tops Taylor's, Miranda's, and the other nominees'.

allamericangirl8

I disagree. He's a major frontrunner. Sure, he's under recognized. That doesn't mean anything. Everyone acknowledges how great he is. His very nomination proves that. Stronger people always manage to let his wins slip away. Brad has this symptom but now he's finally, almost SEAMLESSLY, gaining recognition. This could easily be looked at as being the same situation.

carebear4eva

Thanks Carebear4eva I will try to do this once the voting starts. Please remind us again when the time comes. I am really computer illiterate. I am forever asking our receptionist for help when I get into computer trouble even simple ones. You are one smart cookie.

You're welcome :)
And, yes, provided this doesn't go against any rules, I will remind you guys. I don't want to get the site in trouble though, lol!

jbrown

I really don't think Keith will be that big of an upset. JMO. Like someone said, if he wins, it's not like the label is gonna say "oh, those darn Carrie fans!"

I know but it's still nice that their plan did not work out. It will still make some kind of impact one way or another. We wont really know until after the ACM. But I would like to think that I am making a difference. Maybe it's delusional on my part but it will make me feel better that in some way I did something for what they did to Carrie. If Keith won and we carrie fans did help to make it happen it will be all over the internet. They will know of our disapproval of their manipulations but whether they will listen is another matter entirely.

carebear4eva

Keith may end up taking it. Carrie's fanbase + Rascal Flatt's fanbase + Tim's fanbase added to Keith's fanbase easily tops Taylor's, Miranda's, and the other nominees'.

Tops Miranda's, yes. I don't know if it tops Taylor's. For several reasons. First, whether we like it or not, we won last year with HUGE help from other fan-bases, particularly Miranda's. That cannot be disputed. Further, it's not as though EVERYONE who voted for Carrie last year is a part of the Carrie fan base that we consider when we say "Carries fans are voting for Brad/keith". Sadly, there is a very large number of Carrie-Taylor fans, who voted for Carrie last year, but will pick Taylor this year. we're really goign to have our work cut out for us, but I think we should be able to pull it off. The one very important question is which side will the industry vote? We know for a fact that they're not VERY fond of Taylor, for her un-country-ness. But, several may just feel that the girl deserves an EOTY, and needs to get one eventually, and thus vote for her. I dunno. I just REALLY hope we prevent it from going to SWSRN. Brad would be my first pick (even though I'm voting for Keith), then Keith, then everyone else, then SWSRN.

undrwood9098

Is there a reason why the newcomer awards are already open to voting, but EOTY doesn't start until March 11th?

Because once the voting for the newcomer awards is over, they take the winner of the two categories and pit those 2 against each other for the 2nd and final round of voting. :)

countrymusicfan21

I would say a majority of RF fans seem to favor Keith over Brad. There is alot of KU fans in the RF fan club. I love both Brad and Keith. I would love to see Keith win a award though. He hasn't won a ACM or CMA for awhile. Btw, did you guys read Rascal Flatts split from their management today?? This is kind of weird...

Ty

Rascal Flatts have split from their longtime managers Trey Turner & Doug Nichols. Doesn't really have anything to do with Carrie, but I figured some might find it interesting.

Oh. Already posted above. :p

nccountrygal

Well if Brad had not just won the EOTY award at the CMA's I would vote for him but I am going to vote for Keith. He hardly ever wins anything anymore.

abbeyjones18

I would say a majority of RF fans seem to favor Keith over Brad. There is alot of KU fans in the RF fan club. I love both Brad and Keith. I would love to see Keith win a award though. He hasn't won a ACM or CMA for awhile. Btw, did you guys read Rascal Flatts split from their management today?? This is kind of weird...

Really?? I haven't heard anything...wow...

abbeyjones18

Rascal Flatts have split from their longtime managers Trey Turner & Doug Nichols. Doesn't really have anything to do with Carrie, but I figured some might find it interesting.

Thanks for the info...I still don't see Carrie leaving her label anytime soon...I will not be that shocked if Keith wins EOTY...

puggle10

I have spoken to Bob Romeo (President of ACM) to discuss Carrie's snub (which he even agrees she should be nominated) and will try to set up a meeting in person next week to make our case to revise the ACM nomineed list to rightly include Carrie. The artist, fans, and industry know if Carrie is not in this award race, the winner will have a hollow victory since they did not go up against the best, most deserving artists. ACM still has a few weeks to make this right, they have the power and duty to make this right. If they can change the nominees from 8 to 6 (or 7 to 5) without tellling anyone upfront, then they can easily change it back like last year.. After all, ACM increased the noms to 8 to better reflect today's music/fan landscape... why change the rules again after you JUST changed them in 2009? ETOY needs to be a fair, legitimate process in order to make the award valid. Just like a NFL play can be reversed after official review, the ETOY noms can be easily revised after further review, public outcry, and radio/media confirmation that this change needs to be done now before voting begins in March. I pray the other artists speak up for Carrie, as she would do the same for them.

puggle10

Let's be honest, Keith Urban's combination of empassioned, incredible vocals, amazing guitar playing, and powerful live performances really are on a different level than Brad Paisley. If someone has to win the ETOY over Carrie, then it should be Keith. His songs are some of the most diverse and moving in the industry, he doesn't kee churning out cliche after cliche like his peers (think Brad's TICKS, think Kenny's multiple key west, catamaran party songs, think Tim's cheesy vocals and production)... Keith (and Jason) are the best males in the business.. give them their due. I am voting for Keith, although Jason Aldean's last 3 cds are incredibly consistent... RM

Gator

I have spoken to Bob Romeo (President of ACM) to discuss Carrie's snub (which he even agrees she should be nominated) and will try to set up a meeting in person next week to make our case to revise the ACM nomineed list to rightly include Carrie. The artist, fans, and industry know if Carrie is not in this award race, the winner will have a hollow victory since they did not go up against the best, most deserving artists. ACM still has a few weeks to make this right, they have the power and duty to make this right. If they can change the nominees from 8 to 6 (or 7 to 5) without tellling anyone upfront, then they can easily change it back like last year.. After all, ACM increased the noms to 8 to better reflect today's music/fan landscape... why change the rules again after you JUST changed them in 2009? ETOY needs to be a fair, legitimate process in order to make the award valid. Just like a NFL play can be reversed after official review, the ETOY noms can be easily revised after further review, public outcry, and radio/media confirmation that this change needs to be done now before voting begins in March. I pray the other artists speak up for Carrie, as she would do the same for them.

That's great news. Thank you! Question: Do the other artists have to agree to the change in order for it to take effect, or is the meeting merely a formality and the ACM, in the end, holds the power to do so?