Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

46th ACM Nominations

puggle10

Brad Paisley is NO Keith Urban... that's for sure. C'mon when will people stop and admit that Brad Paisley has gotten away for years by churning out the same mid-tempo twang song, cheesy lyrics, and franky, average vocals... like Kenny, he tends to "talk" his lyrics, not sing them. Are WATER, TICKS, and the recent THIS IS COUNTRY MUSIC incredible song? NO. Are those songs on par with SWEET THING, PUT YOU IN A SONG, or latest WITHOUT YOU? In fact, WITHOUT YOU in terms of vocals, emotion, and sincere deliver top essentially anything Brad has ever released. Let's be honest, Brad is a very nice guy, with a nice wife, and his peers and fans think he's great... but that does not mean jumping into a pool on stage makes an amazing entertainer of the year. Singing the same country pablum year after year does not make you an incredible artist.. it just sells tickets. Both Brad and Kenny have mastered the stadium concert with all its trappings, but it just makes them the Jimmy Buffet of country music, not a true artist who should these awards. Its hard for me to say these things since Carrie and Brad are good friends, but its the truth... when will the industry stop this nonense and just give Keith or Jason the male awards, they deserve it more.

puggle10

I am not sure - the ACM criteria does not go into those specifics. But if ACM can change the number without telling the industry beforehand they should be able to change it now... they have a chance to make history, to do the right thing, to increase their own credibilty compared to CMA, Grammy, and the rest... why not do it? The other artists should be fine withi it considering Miranda even admitted a while back she was shocked to be nominated for CMA EOTY.

teesharky

I loved Keith Urban live when I saw him in NYC with Carrie. It was an experience, not just a concert. He is definitely more entertaining to me then Chesney, although I did enjoy Kenny in concert too. I have never seen Brad live yet so I can't judge his live shows.

Thing is--- I think Carrie's label WANTED Carrie to be out of the running for EOTY at both the ACMS and CMAs. I think they wanted to promote Miranda and ensure that Brad wins EOTY.

So they would probably be pissed if Carrie managed to get nominated now. lol Good! That would make it that much more satisfying. lol Carrie's label sucks.

puggle10

Your K Chesney comment was insightful and made me sad since many have not thought of that point.. yes, why couldn't the lable hold his song for a few weeks...?? BTW, his song is another cheesy, cliched' song w/ pedestrian lyrics and weak vocals... WOW, the guys in country (excluding people like Keith, Jason, and Clay) realy get away with murder but are still superstars... the women bring 3 X the talent to get the same respect and succees... its not right. Lastly, Miranda shoudl have never won all these awards based on REVOLUTION (an extremely over-prasied album with 2-3 good tracks, the rest forgettable), and she is getting a big head... funny how she was publicy embarrassed and shocked she got the CMA ETOY nomination, but now she's acting like she's untouchable.. why? Her label bought and paid for her awards... she is just not that good. 2-3 good songs in 10 years does not make a superstar or queen. Its totally a joke.

teesharky

^ It is. And everything started with the label after Joe Galante stepped down. He had Carrie's back and always treated her well. Now, the new guy is all about Miranda. It is sickening. I feel like his is sabotaging Carrie's career. He needs to go, or Carrie needs to switch labels.

Pakajaka

I don't want this to happen. If Carrie manages to get nominated now, I think Carrie the backlash will start. She just went through all that when Mike was traded but since they are now residents of Nashville and will be there for a long time, I don't want Carrie to be resented by labels, other artists etc.

And what would happen if she was added and WON, the backlash would be tremendous. Knowing Carrie, I think if she gets nominated late , she will withdraw her name. I don't think it is worth it to her. I think she just wants to be married and happy with a successful career and no enemies!!

She is a different person than she was at 21, she is bored with award shows. When she was winning everything I think it meant the world to her at that time, but now she has adult issues (marriage, Mike's career, residences, 2 families in 2 different countries and in a few years babies), she is moving on.

I DO think Carrie was initally upset that she was snubbed this year, but after going through Mike's trade etc. I think priorties were changed and the snub lost it's sting for Carrie. I don't think she would want to rehash it with Mike so close in the picture now, living in the same town. She wants warm welcomes for Mike (through her) and not a bunch of arguing.

Carrieflattsfan

Thanks for the info...I still don't see Carrie leaving her label anytime soon...I will not be that shocked if Keith wins EOTY...
Can someone help? Carrieflattsfan?

From my understanding, the guys chose to keep Doug & Trey when they transfered to Big Machine so they could have the same promotional team. But someone posted on Twitter that the choice to split with Doug & Trey was their choice, but they had a difficult time deciding to do that.
Jay recently posted on his Twitter page that "all good stuff" was happening in their camp, so I would assume the split was something they wanted to do to change things up a bit. :D

It doesn't sound like the choice had anything to do with label problems, but simply making a change because they had already moved to a new label.

As far as voting goes, it sounds like everyone is voting for Keith. I haven't heard about any of their fans voting for Brad at all.
Then again, considering RF wasn't nominated or performing, I would guess a lot of their fans won't be watching/voting.
But it sounds like the ones that are voting are voting for Keith, for sure. :D

CALEBJOE

I don't want this to happen. If Carrie manages to get nominated now, I think Carrie the backlash will start. She just went through all that when Mike was traded but since they are now residents of Nashville and will be there for a long time, I don't want Carrie to be resented by labels, other artists etc.

And what would happen if she was added and WON, the backlash would be tremendous. Knowing Carrie, I think if she gets nominated late , she will withdraw her name. I don't think it is worth it to her. I think she just wants to be married and happy with a successful career and no enemies!!

She is a different person than she was at 21, she is bored with award shows. When she was winning everything I think it meant the world to her at that time, but now she has adult issues (marriage, Mike's career, residences, 2 families in 2 different countries and in a few years babies), she is moving on.

I DO think Carrie was initally upset that she was snubbed this year, but after going through Mike's trade etc. I think priorties were changed and the snub lost it's sting for Carrie. I don't think she would want to rehash it with Mike so close in the picture now, living in the same town. She wants warm welcomes for Mike (through her) and not a bunch of arguing.
Personally i think the ACM'S need to change it back to 8 slots if they do so have the power.That way Carrie & Tim would get a rightful spot and let the cards fall where they may but i truly believe they want Brad to win this award.I can't see there being a backlash against Carrie because she rightfully has earned the right to be nominated and this is from a Miranda fan.Before Carrie & Miranda were even in country i always thought you had to earn this award Miranda had a great year for her first headlining tour not Carrie's numbers but still pretty good for a start.She has done enough in other areas to be nominated and i think that is why she was nominated but if you want credibility to this prestigious award then you need to put Carrie on the ballot as well.

teesharky

Ok now there are rumors of a duet with Brad Paisely! If true, and it is released next by Brad, then I bet that is what Carrie and Brad will perform at the ACMS!

praying it is true.

Jimmy Carter said it-- praying it is true!

Ty

Brian Mansfield posted this over at USA TODAY:

James Taylor will appear for the first time with the Zac Brown Band, who are big fans of Taylor's, to perform at the 46th annual Academy of Country Music Awards. Alabama, Dierks Bentley, Ronnie Dunn, Martina McBride, Reba, Blake Shelton and Carrie Underwood also are part of the lineup.

abbeyjones18

Brian Mansfield posted this over at USA TODAY:

James Taylor will appear for the first time with the Zac Brown Band, who are big fans of Taylor's, to perform at the 46th annual Academy of Country Music Awards. Alabama, Dierks Bentley, Ronnie Dunn, Martina McBride, Reba, Blake Shelton and Carrie Underwood also are part of the lineup.

Good...should be interesting... :)

Gator

I just posted this in another thread. But, does anyone know how the winner of the Home Depot Humanitarian Award is selected? I think Carrie deserves to win this award very soon with all she has done! :)