Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

46th ACM Nominations

Gator

Ryan Seacrest is presenting? Anyone think there might be a special award for Carrie somewhere?

Besides FV, I'm hoping for the Home Depot Humanitarian Award. Carrie certainly deserves it. Ryan presenting this award to Carrie would be perfect considering all her involvement in Idol Gives Back, The Humane Society, C.A.T.S. Foundation, "Temporary Home" for Tennessee flood victims, St. Judes, Play On Tour "Change" contribution, Stand Up to Cancer, City of Hope Celebrity Softball Challenge, miscellaneous autograph and personal items auctions, etc, etc, etc. :)

Edit: I've added more charitable organizations to the original list (thanks for the input). We will never know all the charitable organizations Carrie is involved in because that's the way she is. The point is, that she is a very giving, compassionate, caring, charitable person and deserves a Humanitarian award.

Last edited:

thaifood

You guys really do have a tendency to set yourself up for some major disappointments with this kind of rampant speculation. There has been absolutely nothing to give anyone the idea she will win the Home Depot award. If she did, fine, but boy ya'll are over the map.

Carrieflattsfan

Besides FV, I'm hoping for the Home Depot Humanitarian Award. Carrie certainly deserves it. Ryan presenting this award to Carrie would be perfect considering all her involvement in Idol Gives Back, The Humane Society, C.A.T.S. Foundation, "Temporary Home" for Tennessee flood victims, St. Judes, Play On Tour "Change" contribution, Stand Up to Cancer, City of Hope Celebrity Softball Challenge, miscellaneous autograph and personal items auctions, etc, etc, etc. :)

Edit: I've added more charitable organizations to the original list (thanks for the input). We will never know all the charitable organizations Carrie is involved in because that's the way she is. The point is, that she is a very giving, compassionate, caring, charitable person and deserves a Humanitarian award.

I do wonder if Ryan is awarding anything to Carrie, but it seems like the Home Depot Humanitarian Award has been given to artists who have been around for at least a decade (or more), before they're given the award.

Past Winners:
Montgomery Gentry
LeAnn Rimes
Rascal Flatts
Brooks & Dunn
Vince Gill
Neal Mcoy
Martina Mcbride
Lonestar
Reba

There may be no connection between time in the business & timing of the award, but I just thought it was interesting that all these artists have been around for awhile.
I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I'm sure Carrie will receive the award at some point in her career. :D

Kaila H

Bumping this because I've been so busy for so long now I've been completely out of the loop.. I saw what happened at the CMA's and I was sick, saw that the ACM's were coming on Sunday and I was all excited to see Carrie's nominations. Sick again. I haven't even been able to fully pay attention with PO (very sadly but lots of family stuff).. didn't get to see the tour and was only able to see the videos and buy the cd, and even I know how massive the PO tour was and how well CC, TH, UI and MS were for country radio. How the HELL can they nominate "Only Prettier" for VOTY over "Temporary Home"??? I like Miranda fine, but come on..
Anyway, I know I'm late on this but I'm only just seeing the nominations. I very seriously doubt I'll be watching this year.

Oh, and Blake/Reba? Whatever..