Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

55th ACM Awards

maddkat

Staff member
Like she said it's 2020 man, but I am happy she won no matter what. Her Opry female tribute was wonderful and I love all the rave reviews because she deserves it.

This on the other hand made me sad:

"We’ve been taking steps in the right direction — which is really nice to see — and tonight with me getting to honor some of the women that we’re all standing on their shoulders. I don’t think I could ever look at myself like (those women). I feel like a tourist still. I’m waiting for the day that people figure me out and leave me behind. I will never look at myself the way that anybody should look at those women. I’m always really glad to hear when people like what I do" Backstage with the Winners at the ACM Awards | CMT

I wouldn't feel sad. The day you start thinking of yourself as an icon/legend is the day you get arrogant & obnoxious like garth. So it's a good thing she feels this way.

DaisyTweets

Well, she's already there with those icons! Barbara, Dolly, Loretta and Reba have all won EOTY awards. Those 4 have won the award from both organizations and once Carrie wins the CMA EOTY (and she will -- mark my words) she will be even more in the club. But whether she wants to think of herself as an icon, she's already in the club!!! And she's got ALOT more years to add to her resume. And with how hard of a worker she is, we all know she'll continue to try and top herself and challenge herself.

rcramer

I wouldn't feel sad. The day you start thinking of yourself as an icon/legend is the day you get arrogant & obnoxious like garth. So it's a good thing she feels this way.

And I admire that she stayed true to her home grown roots..... I remember Carole saying during Idol that she hoped fame would never change Carrie... That sure did not happen...

And it is more admiring that newer ladies like Gabby Barrett, for one that totally idolizes Carrie and looks up to, that Carrie welcomes them with open arms....

Hil

I wasn’t surprised by “The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia,” it’s one of Reba’s top 3 most iconic songs. The song that really surprised me was “Why’d You Come In Here Lookin’ Like That” and it was a welcomed surprise! So fun! Wouldn’t mind hearing it AND “A Broken Wing” on the next tour.

I'd like to hear this whole tribute on the next tour.

CU4ever

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/forevercountr14/status/1309204576285925376?s=20

Brad had some amazing things to say about Carrie. He is such a great supporter and friend of hers.

[/FONT]
Brad last night on @BravoWWHL
talking about Carrie and EOTY: “If she wins it the next four years, they’re still making up for lost time. She deserved it last year, she deserved it the year before that. She really should’ve won it already [CMA]"

CrazyAboutCarrie

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/forevercountr14/status/1309204576285925376?s=20

Brad had some amazing things to say about Carrie. He is such a great supporter and friend of hers.

[/FONT]
Brad last night on @BravoWWHL
talking about Carrie and EOTY: “If she wins it the next four years, they’re still making up for lost time. She deserved it last year, she deserved it the year before that. She really should’ve won it already [CMA]"

How right he is! She should have won it the past two years!

carriecountrystar

I'm super happy Carrie FINALLY won EOTY. I just wish she got her moment with the entire academy standing up for her. However, it does make me feel happy that even after so many years, Carrie can come back and win FVOTY (last time) and even EOTY now. Most artists peak, win awards and then slowly fade with lackluster music but Carrie is still making her mark and her tours only get better.