Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Acm performers

mlawlor

I wonder if she'd sing Undo-it? ;)
Perhaps she'll do JTTW/HGTA with more passion than the Hollywood Bowl, performance. Show the next EOTY how it's done.
I think I'm most looking forward to is the Orange Carpet picture. Carrie always looks at her best in the ACM carpet photo shoot more than in other photoshoots for some reason

reneeb

this may sound bad but i hope carrie gives them a taste of their game and doesn't even attend the show. I don't want her to perform because it would make the ACM's seem like the winners. I'd rather her focus on writing or hanging out with Mike truthfully.

mlawlor

^I agree. I'd much rather see her talked about on Sportscentre the next day for showing up at the Leafs/Senators game than the Hill-Billy Bone Awards

gocountrymusic

If she does perform I would love her to perform Don't Forget to Remember Me :) I know the meaning behind the song, but the symbolism behind the title and her snub would be great to read about on the country blogs the following day.

smith01

They will use her for tv ratings like the CMAs did.

not watching either way.

Don't care.

It will be the first time in a very long time, but I am sitting this one out also. It's really a shame -- they have ruined it for me. It is not that I don't want to support other artists. I wish Miranda and others well, but it is just wrong that Carrie was left out. The only way I get a vote is to not watch. :(

teesharky

I'd be shocked if the ACM's didn't ask Carrie to perform. She's a huge ratings draw.

I have mixed feelings about a potential Rascal Flatts performance. On one hand, I want them to perform, but on another, I wish they would decline, and give the ACM's what they deserve.

It's just sick to NOT nominate them (especially when non-fans are confused by the snub.) If the awards shows are going to treat them like trash, then they shouldn't perform.

If they were asked, it'd be total slap in the face to them and their fans. Using an artist purely for ratings when they aren't respected enough to earn a nomination that everyone knows was theirs is disgusting. :(

I am beginning to think that a big part of Rascal Flats' snub is due to Big Machine. They never promote anyone but Taylor. Everyone on that label is a fool for thinking that they will make anyone a priority but Taylor.

Rascal Flats used to get EOTY noms, but now Taylor gets that slot from Big Machine. I still don't know how they didn't get Vocal group though.

Martina McBride will regret that she went to Big Machine. She will not be treated any better then poor Trisha Yearwood or Reba. They all made mistakes. They only care about Taylor, and that is how it will be till the end of time.

teesharky

It will be the first time in a very long time, but I am sitting this one out also. It's really a shame -- they have ruined it for me. It is not that I don't want to support other artists. I wish Miranda and others well, but it is just wrong that Carrie was left out. The only way I get a vote is to not watch. :(

very well said.

I also like other artists besides Carrie, and I will miss the performances. But it is not worth my pride. :) I am not budging this time. No way.

We can follow everything on twitter if we want, and Carrie's video will be posted on youtube almost immediately after, so there are no worries.

We won't miss a thing since she clearly is not winning Female Vocalist. It is silly to even think she has a chance.

harry_potter_211

It's the same situation for me. I've watched every CMA and ACM awards ever since Carrie won American Idol and entered the country music scene. But now that they completely disrespected Carrie and this year's show is all about politics instead of honoring the artists that deserve to be recognized, I have no reason to watch. :mad:

cpeTN89

I will tune in for Carries performance only but that will be it. I think she might sing something special at the ACMs since there probably wont be a 5th single. I am hoping she might sing SWISLY for the fans kinda like she did IKYW at the PCAs. That would be awesome. But yea will watch just Carries performance. I could care less about the rest of the show though especially the awards. They might as well air the awards on CNN or MSNBC since it is all going to be politics this year.

countrymusicfan15

I predict she'll sing WCIS to sing with Ashley. That's just Carrie. She'll want to give him some spotlight. It's probably a better live performance anyway. I would love SWISLY, or Play On for obvious reasons. Play on would be the perfect song for the ACM's.

Play On would be pretty awesome! As would SWISLY! However, if that one is performed, I think they might as well make it a single because radio will wanna play it for sure.
However, I am thinking Carrie and Randy will debut their duet here.

Carrieflattsfan

[B]I am beginning to think that a big part of Rascal Flats' snub is due to Big Machine.[/B] They never promote anyone but Taylor. Everyone on that label is a fool for thinking that they will make anyone a priority but Taylor.

Rascal Flats used to get EOTY noms, but now Taylor gets that slot from Big Machine. I still don't know how they didn't get Vocal group though.

Martina McBride will regret that she went to Big Machine. She will not be treated any better then poor Trisha Yearwood or Reba. They all made mistakes. They only care about Taylor, and that is how it will be till the end of time.

As much as I cannot STAND Scott Borchetta, I do think he has done decent things for Rascal Flatts thus far. They were booked for every major TV show for the release of NLT, and the label managed to push "Why Wait" to #1, and "I Won't Let Go" has already broke the top 20, despite only being on the charts for a few weeks. Their tour doesn't seem to have slowed down, and they are still managing to draw big crowds. They've gotten more slots at the Opry, which only happened a handful of times when they were with Lyric Street. I know the label is working on getting them overseas too
. I'm not sure what the delay is, but the guys have made it very clear they (and the label) will make it happen.

They've also been able to represent more charities (Vanderbilt, Jason Foundation, JCP Angel Giving Tree Program). They have a primetime special on ABC in March, which is much bigger than their previous specials on CMT.

I think Lyric Street did an excellent job managing/promoting them BEFORE they folded, but they did a lousy job for about a year-and-a-half. Most of singles from "Unstoppable" didn't even go top ten, and the label slacked on their videos ("Summer Nights" & "Why" looked as if there was NO effort).

They hardly got awards nominations/wins even when they were signed to Lyric Street. They almost had to win Vocal Group because the other groups couldn't come close to them for so many years. I believe they stopped receiving ETOY noms in 2007, so the snub isn't new. The label never pushed hard enough for them to win song/album awards, even before Carrie/Taylor came along and they were the biggest act in country. So this award show snub is something us fans are used to, and has been active for quite some time.

I think "Big Machine" is doing a better job, and I'm relieved they are promoting them more and giving them a good amount of attention. Of course the numbers of awards they win and are nominated for will change, but they have also had amazing success for ten years. The industry is obviously pushing Lady A right now, so that seems to be a big part of the reason Rascal Flatts were pushed out.

I think Rascal Flatts are probably at the point where they will be OK, no matter what happens. They have a lot of power over their tour schedule, and seem to collaborate on a number of different things with their team. I believe they have the same promotional team at Big Machine that they had at Lyric Street, which probably helps. They don't have to worry about a new person coming in and giving their effort to someone else. Even if "Big Machine" doesn't end up coming through, or something happens, they will probably be able to be picked up by another label quite easily.
When Lyric Street folded, Disney wanted to put them on a sister label, but they had enough power to buy their album, shop around for another label, and transition to "Big Machine" easily.

There's also several popularity and relevance differences between them and 90's artists like Martina & Trisha, as well as Jack Ingram (Texas artist), and Steel Magnolia.

The rest of these artists are either not too popular anymore, or they're brand new artists, who don't have the promise of the label backing them, and giving them as much support/promotion as Rascal Flatts & Taylor. The label is well-aware of their popularity, and I have feeling they know they kind of money they'd lose without giving them proper promotion and such.

RF is also just starting at Big Machine; considering what they label has already managed to accomplish, it seems they're doing well. Taylor's been with the label for 5 years, so it's logical the label has a better idea of how they want to promote her and what they want to accomplish.

From what I've heard from the band, they said that a lot of thought went into the decision to sign with Big Machine, and I think they're smart enough to know what they're getting themselves into. Lyric Street was about the same size as Big Machine's rooster, and I think BM will give them a fair amount of creative control- which they also had in their time with LS too.

They also have a band Twitter, and Jay & Joe Don frequently use their pages to chat with fans and keep them up to date. They know how to connect with their fans, with or without label support.
PLUS, they have a duet with Justin Beiber comng out in two weeks. C'mon now, what could be bigger promotion than that? The kid is an international phenomenon right now.

Sorry for all the ranting. I guess all I'm trying to say is as someone who has followed these guys since their second album, I think they'll be just fine. ;)

carrieidol1

Being the reining Entertainer of the Year, Female Vocalist nominee, and honoree of the "Girl's Night Out" special, I'd say she will perform.

undrwood9098

Please please post a review of the performances, and your impression on the audience response to the performances. Thanks! :)

Absolutely! I plan on it. :)

You should Boo when they announce the EOTY names. lol Kidding. But please Yell Carrie Underwood's name when they announce EOTY! I would if I were going! lol

I am going to beg you to tell us if you see any drama off the screen. lol I bet it will be a tense night.

Those was my intentions all along, and now that she was snubbed, I'm tempted to sneak a megaphone into the arena. :D But yes, I absolutely will scream it! I'm in the general admissions area, so depending on how close I am to the stage (because the stages themselves are lined with microphones), I'll try and get it audible for the cameras to catch. :)

And I really wouldn't be surprised if there was tension off screen. Like I said, I'm in general admission seating, so I'll be able to get a good view of the celebrities and their interactions. I'll make sure to keep a close eye on how Carrie acts and who she talks/sits with. :)

AIgrl06

I think Carrie will definitely perform. As far as what song, my vote goes to "Play On." I think it'd be incredible.

I doubt the Flatts perform this year. I don't think they'll even attend, to be honest.

carriecountrystar

if carrie doesn't have a new single, how about if carrie performs a medley of all her #1 singles (like she did at the AMAs in 2006 -BHC, JTTW, DFTRM).
NOW THAT WOULD BE EPIC EPIC EPIC

example: last name (prequel), before he cheats, Cowboy casanova (sequel).
undo it, I told you so, wasted, so small, don't forget to remember me
all american girl, inside your heaven, mama's song, just a dream
jesus take the wheel, temporary home

^(DO YOU SEE THE STORY? D: D: D: haha :) )

13 #1 singles. YEAH RIGHT IN THEIR FACES

oh and not to mention, the sales would shooooot