Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Acm performers

hjj

I was listening to Play On single and it really fits my sentiments for this award show, lol.

diva101

Do y'all really think that they will exclude the 2x time Entertainer of the Year Winner? I MEAN, THEY CANNOT EXCLUDE ROYALTY IN AN EVENT LIKE THIS!

Kizmet311

Well, I'll probably watch, because it won't affect ratings whether I do or whether I don't (I'm not a Nielsen household) and I have always loved country music and watched the award shows long before Carrie was on Idol. There are few country singers that I don't like and while I am not happy with some of the nominees, it isn't exactly their fault so I'm not going to blame them.

I really do hope Carrie will be performing. It woudl be surprising if she didn't as reigning EOTY and FVOTY nominee. Although I have no clue what she would sing.

Too lazy to make a new thread, but here's what was written in the new Billboard country update about Carrie's ACM performance last year:
“Carrie Underwood doing ‘Temporary Home,’ a slow ballad but so emotional and such an amazing story, [was] huge in the minutes by minutes [ratings],”
Clark says of the 2010 show.

teesharky

I just have a bad feeling that Carrie will still be on her hibernation kick for the ACMs, so she may not perform. She might attend since she is in Vegas anyway, but with no single to promote, and no active project, and only 1 nomination, I can't imagine what she would sing.

How boring it would be for her to just sit there all night, watching Miranda win awards.

Oh well I am still not watching anyway. I can follow everything on twitter or even here, if people watch. There will be wireimage pix up for her dress, and I can watch her performance on youtube.

teesharky

Well, I'll probably watch, because it won't affect ratings whether I do or whether I don't (I'm not a Nielsen household) and I have always loved country music and watched the award shows long before Carrie was on Idol. There are few country singers that I don't like and while I am not happy with some of the nominees, it isn't exactly their fault so I'm not going to blame them.

I really do hope Carrie will be performing. It woudl be surprising if she didn't as reigning EOTY and FVOTY nominee. Although I have no clue what she would sing.

how do we find out if we are Neilsen households? Not that I am watching anyway--- but I am curious. thanx.

abbeyjones18

I just have a bad feeling that Carrie will still be on her hibernation kick for the ACMs, so she may not perform. She might attend since she is in Vegas anyway, but with no single to promote, and no active project, and only 1 nomination, I can't imagine what she would sing.

How boring it would be for her to just sit there all night, watching Miranda win awards.

Oh well I am still not watching anyway. I can follow everything on twitter or even here, if people watch. There will be wireimage pix up for her dress, and I can watch her performance on youtube.

I do think that Carrie has a great chance at Female Vocalist...

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
how do we find out if we are Neilsen households? Not that I am watching anyway--- but I am curious. thanx.

When you agree to be a Nielsen household, they install special equipment to monitor you viewing habits. So if you haven't agreed to be a Nielsen household, then you are not one. As a side note, I actually was asked if I was interested in being a Nielsen household a few months ago. I declined.

undrwood9098

^ Thanx Cary! So I guess it won't matter if I watch or not....but I am still not watching.

At least you have a choice. I bought tickets a month ago, so I'm pretty much pegged for going. I bought the tickets back when everyone thought that Carrie WAS going to be a big nominee this year... ugh.

carriecountrystar

^ well then you can speak for all by shouting out "CARRIEEEEEEE UNDERWOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!" right before they announce the winner. you will become super famous and be pegged as country music's ambassador. haha jk... but seriously... ;)

undrwood9098

I absolutely will! :) I'll make sure the mics on the stage can pick up the feed from me shouting. I'll look like an idiot, but it'll be worth it. I did it at the ACAs during the Artist of the Year announcement, and that turned out well, so I'll do it again during the FVOTY, and then the EOTY just to make a point. :)

carebear4eva

At least you have a choice. I bought tickets a month ago, so I'm pretty much pegged for going. I bought the tickets back when everyone thought that Carrie WAS going to be a big nominee this year... ugh.

Don't feel bad about that, lol! You can keep the Carrie flag HIGH!
BOOOOOOO when SWSRN gets on stage to try and sing.....
WOOOHOOOOO should Carrie perform....
And, if you wanna totally be cool, go screw around with their audio systems and steal a microphone. Then, just before Reba (or whoever it is) announces the EOTY, turn off her mic, switch on yours and say "CARRIE UNDERWOOD!".

Carrieflattsfan

Don't feel bad about that, lol! You can keep the Carrie flag HIGH!
BOOOOOOO when SWSRN gets on stage to try and sing.....
WOOOHOOOOO should Carrie perform....
And, if you wanna totally be cool, go screw around with their audio systems and steal a microphone. Then, just before Reba (or whoever it is) announces the EOTY, turn off her mic, switch on yours and say "CARRIE UNDERWOOD!".

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kizmet311

When you agree to be a Nielsen household, they install special equipment to monitor you viewing habits. So if you haven't agreed to be a Nielsen household, then you are not one. As a side note, I actually was asked if I was interested in being a Nielsen household a few months ago. I declined.

I have wanted to be a Nielsen household for so long, lol. I feel like I need to support my shows that don't have enough viewers, but not much I can do since I'm not one.