Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Album 6 Discussion: Writing Has Begun

adam1995

I feel like with Spotify now, she could record all kind of Christmas songs and gospel songs or whatever and just release them there without, having to waste an entire release and promotion period on a side project. I'd rather have a Christmas playlist instead of a whole album, but if it wouldn't effect her studio album output, then an album would be fine.

teesharky

^ I want it all, naturally. haha I want a Christmas Album, Gospel Album, Rock Covers' Album, etc- all as side projects. I also want a Duets Album, Classic Country album, and all in addition to the regular albums of course. lol

Anyway-------------this tweet is very very encouraging. She is actually writing during the playoffs instead of after the playoffs. That's awesome news!

Carrie Underwood‏Verified account @carrieunderwood 12h12 hours ago

Replying to @ALKJR47
Ha ha...I see your point. I guess I'm living a little more 9-5 these days with the song writing schedule, so weekends are usually off.
1f44d.png
1f603.png

21 replies 47 retweets 209 likes

teesharky

Tee suggested a song in the Fall. This seems way too soon after Storyteller. I would not expect anything new till spring of 18.

In the meantime we may see some activity in the Fall and for the Holidays.......

BTW, just by what she said I can tell I am not getting my Christmas Album again for a while................grrrrrrrr

How is it too soon? Storyteller came out in October 2015. This fall will be 2 years after the album was released, which was her normal schedule. (except ST due to the baby) Most of her albums came out either 2 years apart or 2.5 years, except for ST...but that was due to the pregnancy.

Plus I am not even talking about an album this fall. I am talking about a lead single only this fall, which is the trend that many artists are doing.

I do want a Christmas album badly-- but it does not seem like she is working on that at all. She is working on the main album I think. That's more important obviously-- but I am with you that a Christmas album is something I still want desperately.

Josh

I want it all, naturally. haha I want a Christmas Album, Gospel Album, Rock Covers' Album, etc- all as side projects. I also want a Duets Album, Classic Country album, and all in addition to the regular albums of course. lol

You're literally me. Maybe this is every Carrie fans dream. Christmas,Gospel,Rock,Duets,Traditional.. and a huge pop album just because.

countrymusicfan15

I know I'll never get it, but I want a pop/top 40 album from Carrie one day lol maybe like a 6 song special CD kinda thing in between albums

pklongbeach

How is it too soon? Storyteller came out in October 2015. This fall will be 2 years after the album was released, which was her normal schedule. (except ST due to the baby) Most of her albums came out either 2 years apart or 2.5 years, except for ST...but that was due to the pregnancy.

Plus I am not even talking about an album this fall. I am talking about a lead single only this fall, which is the trend that many artists are doing.

I do want a Christmas album badly-- but it does not seem like she is working on that at all. She is working on the main album I think. That's more important obviously-- but I am with you that a Christmas album is something I still want desperately.
Yes, for sure, from the release of the last album. (It always seems like it takes forever for her to release new material ha ha ha). I just mean that I feel like DL just ended an era, and of course we are ready to move on to a new one. But she has barely had any time off to just be a person! Wink!

It just feels like it would run together too closely somehow. I still feel like GH album kind of stole ST's steam because the two singles were so popular by the time ST came out it felt like there had been a nonstop steady stream of new Carrie music with no anticipation for the public to build upon.

I kind of wish they could have planed the end of the ST era and then did a quick switch to a Holiday Album for this Fall/Late Oct. Have a major push during the Holidays/Target/Walmart Promo, and then go back to the drawing board for a Fall release of a major original project for 2018! (I need to get on her strategy team!)

maddkat

Staff member
Yes, for sure, from the release of the last album. (It always seems like it takes forever for her to release new material ha ha ha). I just mean that I feel like DL just ended an era, and of course we are ready to move on to a new one. But she has barely had any time off to just be a person! Wink!

It just feels like it would run together too closely somehow. I still feel like GH album kind of stole ST's steam because the two singles were so popular by the time ST came out it felt like there had been a nonstop steady stream of new Carrie music with no anticipation for the public to build upon.

I kind of wish they could have planed the end of the ST era and then did a quick switch to a Holiday Album for this Fall/Late Oct. Have a major push during the Holidays/Target/Walmart Promo, and then go back to the drawing board for a Fall release of a major original project for 2018! (I need to get on her strategy team!)
lol ,do you get time off to just be a person? I mean more then a week or two?
Besides she's been off since mid December.Time to get rolling again.

GH/ST release is not really comparable.That gave us just 1 month between LTG and SB.A new single in the fall would be 9 -10 months between songs.More then enough time. However I don't think we'll get new music till spring unless there was an agreement when she signed with UMG we'd get a single by fall.

ethelu

I hope we get a new single in time for Carrie to perform it at the CMAs. I think that would be enough space since the last single from ST.

Josh

I know I'll never get it, but I want a pop/top 40 album from Carrie one day lol maybe like a 6 song special CD kinda thing in between albums

Why won't we ever get it? I hope Carrie opens up to the idea since her music already is geared towards a wider audience. I don't see why she can't.. it's better she does it now while she's young maybe before she has a baby.. but I guess I can't decide when this stuff happens lol.

MSCarriefan

I am really excited that Carrie is writing, but I imagine the album is still going to come out Spring 2018 at the earliest based on past writing schedules.
I have felt like all along her break was more from touring and being away from family so much hence no festivals or tour dates just private shows so far.

RyanVaCarrieFan

I was listening to one of my local stations yesterday, an iHeartRadio station, and the DJ mentioned that he knows Carrie is working on her album and that he heard it may include a few pop songs and that he found it interesting. I'm not sure where he heard this information.

Zman312

I was listening to one of my local stations yesterday, an iHeartRadio station, and the DJ mentioned that he knows Carrie is working on her album and that he heard it may include a few pop songs and that he found it interesting. I'm not sure where he heard this information.

Carrie always had pop songs on her album. I want fun songs, kind of tired of the murder songs. lol

Though CCA is EPIC!

Kizmet311

Well, ST had a few of those too, lol. I pretty much consider the Chaser/Relapse/CDS trio pop songs more so than country. She's always had at least a couple pop songs sprinkled in each album. Perhaps he has heard rumors of which songwriters she might be working with, which could give an indication of the direction she might be going.

lolita55

Sometimes I really worry about her voice when she goes on tour

I do too, but Carrie seems like a very smart woman, so she should know her limitations. There will come a point in time where she won't have the same power, but I don't think she will blow out her voice like Martina. She will adjust and tone t down.

pklongbeach

I do too, but Carrie seems like a very smart woman, so she should know her limitations. There will come a point in time where she won't have the same power, but I don't think she will blow out her voice like Martina. She will adjust and tone t down.
Carries voice, and the way she uses it, is also different than Martina's. Singers like Martina and Kelly C blow out their voices cause they open their throat to allow the vocal chords to take the full force of all the vibration and air that is being blown through. Carrie tends to control the amount that her vocal chords take on that pressure by holding more tension in her throat. It can cause a more fine tuned tone that is easier to control and make sure it stays on pitch. But it can also be more piercing as some might complain is unattractive.

I personally would much rather that than blowing out her pipes which would be very conceivable if she were singing with a more open throat.

Kizmet311

At some point, when we get real songwriting information, I am going to start another thread for album news only. This one has gotten quite off topic so I want to make sure that when we have real information on the new album we have a nice, clean thread just to talk about what we know versus what we want/what's happened in the past/artist comparisons/etc, etc.

rcramer

Patrick, agree with it all but i don't think there is anything vocally unattractive to her voice, even in her highest notes.......

It actually takes my breath away, and hair stand on end, cause she does it effortlessly..... Ha Ha

txacar

The only songs on which I think she stretched beyond her capability (her producer at that time was encouraging her to go higher) were that ghastly high note in AA, and the extra screeches at the end of my favorite song, IKYW. I have decided to download IKYW and try to cut off the last 30 seconds.