Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Album 6 Discussion: Writing Has Begun

Josh

The only songs on which I think she stretched beyond her capability (her producer at that time was encouraging her to go higher) were that ghastly high note in AA, and the extra screeches at the end of my favorite song, IKYW. I have decided to download IKYW and try to cut off the last 30 seconds.

She sound like she was about to get a stroke at the end of IKYW. Thank goodness she's young and healthy lmao. I'm only 25 and I feel like I'm going to die if I attempt that song.

Josh

It never seems like Carrie is straining, she does a lot of belting, so hopefully she is taking care. But again I don't know anything about voices, I just love voices like Carrie's, Martina's, Whitney's, etc. I'm a sucker for women with big voices.

I am not an expert on voices either, but it sounds like Carrie Underwood does strain her voice. To the point she might lose it eventually unless she somehow really is just blessed with indestructible vocal chords. She will someday not be able to do the vocal acrobatics she can right now, so she's just using it to the fullest.. but I think if she's going to do that at least record the most difficult, powerful songs right now, and as many as she can.

Josh

txacar, im confused. she does not end the song on a high note...... I just listened to it and even the PCA performance and did not find one screechy note........

I think she means less of a screeching and more of a straining sound that makes you wonder if it's even healthy to sing like that.

maddkat

Staff member
I think she means less of a screeching and more of a straining sound that makes you wonder if it's even healthy to sing like that.
I've heard her sing it live 14 times and she never sounded strained to me in the slightest.
Trust Carrie to know what she can and can't sing.

Tee I'm gonna add the new songs Ty found to your first post so we can keep track of them.
So coool to finally have some news for cd 6 in the cd 6 thread!lol

Last edited:

Kizmet311

I've heard her sing it live 14 times and she never sounded strained to me in the slightest.
Trust Carrie to know what she can and can't sing.

Tee I'm gonna add the new songs Ty found to your first post so we can keep track of them.
So coool to finally have some news for cd 6 in the cd 6 thread!lol

I'm going to start a new thread and sticky it. This one has gotten a bit off topic. We can leave this thread for this more general, off-topic, off-season posting, but I hope we can stick to strictly Album 6 discussion in the new thread. Then hopefully Chris can take my stickied thread and create a new sub-forum for Album 6.