Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol Season 12

sco

Let me add a little bit more... Just because you can speak and mind your ideas doesn't mean you're a good judge as well. Yes "Kara knows it all DioGuardi" I'm talking to you. I want judges telling the truth and not the kind of 100% positive aka Mariah-Paula.

I must have been one of the few but I actually liked Kara as a judge. I agree that the judges need to give constructive criticism. As much as Simon was over the top and at times unnecessarily mean he always told the truth. The judges this year were for the most part useless, especially Mariah. Nikki was useless but she was at least entertaining.

judes

It's all just the opinion of the judges - sometimes people agree , sometimes they don't but you really need a judge who has been in the industry for a good while to give credible opinions and useful direction to help the contestants make their way in the music world -

teesharky

Good. I like Mariah but she was kind of dead weight. Nikki was great at times but could be a bit too much to take.

Hope Keith comes back. He was pretty good and had good advice.

supercarriefan

It's nice of Mariah and Nicki to confirm what we pretty much already knew lol. I wonder if Keith will be next to follow suit. He is releasing a new album soon which might tie him up for the next year or more, and make it impossible for him to fill a seat on the panel.

opry051008

^^It's bad. Here's the two locations I've attended before. Maybe there will be a lot of last minute ticket buyers?

Left floor (FL1) Row 7 for 4 tickets in Detroit - July 5th show

Centre floor Row 31 for 4 tickets in Toronto - Aug 27th show

Detroit show now cancelled.

JB172

I feel really bad for the contestants. They don't really deserve the backlash from Fox and Nigel's interference.

The five girls are getting screwed because of the awfulness of the five guys and the five guys are getting screwed because the show used them as cannon fodder to make sure a girl won.

Carrieflattsfan

This is too bad, but not surprising.

I know Idol still does incredibly well in terms of ratings, but I think they've really been hurt in terms of their audience over the past several years.

The audience may watch the show and vote for these contestants, but once the show is over, they won't continue following contestants, or there are not enough people interested outside of the show to generate any interest.

If I remember correctly, didn't they end up cancelling a few shows on last year's tour as well? With the sharp decline in ratings combined with the general lack of support from Idol fans, I'm not surprised.

It really is too bad, because so many of these contestants are so talented, and do deserve a chance to be heard and have some success.

opry051008

Can anyone who has iTunes tell me if the studio versions are still up? If so, I need to have my daughter download some for me.

Thanks!

Yes they're still up. Season's 11 studio versions are still up too so I don't suspect this season's will be taken down any time soon.

This is too bad, but not surprising.

I know Idol still does incredibly well in terms of ratings, but I think they've really been hurt in terms of their audience over the past several years.

The audience may watch the show and vote for these contestants, but once the show is over, they won't continue following contestants, or there are not enough people interested outside of the show to generate any interest.

If I remember correctly, didn't they end up cancelling a few shows on last year's tour as well? With the sharp decline in ratings combined with the general lack of support from Idol fans, I'm not surprised.

It really is too bad, because so many of these contestants are so talented, and do deserve a chance to be heard and have some success.

According to Jim's link to MJ blog above, they didn't have any cancellations on last year's tour, the only cancellations prior were from the dreaded season 9.

jimshoe

The five girls are getting screwed because of the awfulness of the five guys and the five guys are getting screwed because the show used them as cannon fodder to make sure a girl won.

Maybe I'm being totally stupid here but my first thought when I read this is they want to promote the 5 girls(OK really 3 girls) quickly and don't want them bogged down by the tour early. They want to be able to have them release the CD's early without interruption of the tour rehearsals.

JB172

Maybe I'm being totally stupid here but my first thought when I read this is they want to promote the 5 girls(OK really 3 girls) quickly and don't want them bogged down by the tour early. They want to be able to have them release the CD's early without interruption of the tour rehearsals.

That could be or the tickets sales suck so bad that they have no choice to either cancel dates or reschedule them.

judes

Maybe they should have the top Idols release albums before the tour and have them sing their album material and be the highlight and have the rest of top ten have a few group numbers - it would make the Idols work harder to get to the top and it would help launch the Idols albums