Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Appeal to Please Be Kind to Other Posters

oldyfan

Sadly, this is all started because a new poster created a new thread to discuss things.

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I thought the poster had been on Carriefans for while. Aug 2011...

carebear4eva

Oh, and for the record, I have been extremely offended with several things that have been posted on this board. Big whoop. We all have. My opinion is this :

Nothing that I have seen posted on this board qualifies for such EXTREME "offence" that it warrants leaving such a fun site forever. Some of the reasons people have given for handing in their notice is simply ridiculous. Yesterday's was actually a far more extreme (though still unwarranted) case, given that so many people were personally attacking him. During the whole siggy fiasco, I recall someone saying that one of my posts (the opposite side :rolleyes:) got a lot of "thanks", and therefore people have nor respect for that poster, and hence BYE-BYE! And I'm thinking BOO-bleeping-HOO!

If, however, you do feel that you simply can't participate in this board any more because of something that causes you such personal outrage, then it is my humble request that you go silently. Or maybe PM the people you think will miss you. Please no more of these depressing Shakespearean farewells ("Alas, I shall have to set sail. What stormy wind will tomorrow bring?").

IF, HOWEVER, you feel you absolutely MUST go your way AND you must leave behind a farewell note so long it feels like Milton, then here's my humble request #2. Do it for longer than 72 minutes.

(8) I'm gonna quit this board,
for twenty million "No please"s,
for tear-soaked PMs,
to be a minor celebrity,
for 72 minutes,
Amen(8)

cole

Oh, and for the record, I have been extremely offended with several things that have been posted on this board. Big whoop. We all have. My opinion is this :

Nothing that I have seen posted on this board qualifies for such EXTREME "offence" that it warrants leaving such a fun site forever. Some of the reasons people have given for handing in their notice is simply ridiculous. Yesterday's was actually a far more extreme (though still unwarranted) case, given that so many people were personally attacking him. During the whole siggy fiasco, I recall someone saying that one of my posts (the opposite side :rolleyes:) got a lot of "thanks", and therefore people have nor respect for that poster, and hence BYE-BYE! And I'm thinking BOO-bleeping-HOO!

If, however, you do feel that you simply can't participate in this board any more because of something that causes you such personal outrage, then it is my humble request that you go silently. Or maybe PM the people you think will miss you. Please no more of these depressing Shakespearean farewells ("Alas, I shall have to set sail. What stormy wind will tomorrow bring?").

IF, HOWEVER, you feel you absolutely MUST go your way AND you must leave behind a farewell note so long it feels like Milton, then here's my humble request #2. Do it for longer than 72 minutes.

(8) I'm gonna quit this board,
for twenty million "No please"s,
for tear-soaked PMs,
to be a minor celebrity,
for 72 minutes,
Amen(8)

I think Justin Bieber never looked sexier than in your siggy. :3

He could be my "Boyfriend" any day of the week :p HA!

judes

Sadly, this is all started because a new poster created a new thread to discuss things.

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I thought the poster had been on Carriefans for while. Aug 2011...

Trea was at the Carrie CMT messageboards for years , he is an avid fan, it looks like he registered here after CMT shut down their boards like many from CMT did, like Rosie for example.

supercarriefan

This person, I believe, also had less than 200 posts. IMO, that's pretty new. That person obviously didn't have a whole lot of experience posting here. Plus, in the larger picture, Aug 2011 is new. There are several members that have been actively posting since 2005/2006, so people that have been here less than one year are new in comparison.

carebear4eva

This person, I believe, also had less than 200 posts. IMO, that's pretty new. That person obviously didn't have a whole lot of experience posting here. Plus, in the larger picture, Aug 2011 is new. There are several members that have been actively posting since 2005/2006, so people that have been here less than one year are new in comparison.[/QUOTE]

So jealous of those people...I missed out on so many good years of CFs fun...All the award show sweeps :(

Oh well, good thing she's not going anywhere x)

12russ79

Well it's a good thing there's no thanks button anymore so i dont have to leave this board... LOL The like button is so much kinder and gentler then the thanks button... Of course it did get someone's very offensive siggie banned so I guess it all worked out in the wash....LMAO

cole

Well it's a good thing there's no thanks button anymore so i dont have to leave this board... LOL The like button is so much kinder and gentler then the thanks button... Of course it did get someone's very offensive siggie banned so I guess it all worked out in the wash....LMAO

Russ, please don't. That's defeating the whole point of this thread. It's not fair to bring up something that was over weeks ago. :(

Besides, I love Aayush's new siggy.....Bieber actually looks hot! And I've never found him to be attractive before, but now I'm kinda like, hmmm...so this Justin Bieber kid...not so bad. ;) Of course, he has Carrie helping him a bit....

carebear4eva

Haha, let's not even go there.

Russ, please don't. That's defeating the whole point of this thread. It's not fair to bring up something that was over weeks ago. :(

Lol, to be fair to Russ, I did kinda make some snide allusions in the posts above. ;)

Besides, I love Aayush's new siggy.....Bieber actually looks hot! And I've never found him to be attractive before, but now I'm kinda like, hmmm...so this Justin Bieber kid...not so bad. ;) Of course, he has Carrie helping him a bit....

I KNOW RIGHT???? Carrie-Bieber is SEXY!

rosie08

Ya'll it probably the same idiot who is on CMT and has several accounts and tears Carrie apart. he found his way on here. it's all good we all know Carrie is awesome!

liz278

I will say when fans say that Carrie didn't do a good job at an awards show or like last night I do have a tendency to get all defensive. I don't ever expect Carrie to always be perfect - if she was then she wouldn't be human. I agree with someone who said that we tend to be as hard on Carrie as some of the critics.
I also said in another thread that sometimes the mic or sound systems are not set up for a voice like Carrie's. I think that they put the mic too low so that we can barely hear her over the music or the sound system is sub par.
But, I will also say that I do agree with Cole that we need to be kind to each other even when we disagree. But in the same vein, we need to be kind to Carrie in our posts - do not say Carrie sucks (then you get everyone up in arms like last night)!!!

judes

Ya'll it probably the same idiot who is on CMT and has several accounts and tears Carrie apart. he found his way on here. it's all good we all know Carrie is awesome!

No he isn't Rosie - he is a poster who was on the CMT boards with us - remember Trea? The guy on CMT articles now is another story all together - who knows what to make of that monster - today he was pretending that he is a Carrie fan and calling Carrie Country and I fake usernames and trolls. He just likes to upset people but this person was not him.

allamericangirl8

So you guys are admitting Carrie has not so stellar performances. Well, then, why can't we discuss those performances? Why are we only allowed to discuss when they're good? I get defensive about Carrie, too, but I spent a little vacation on another fan forum, and just taking a break from a place like this made me realize that comments like "Carrie sucked last night" are so minimal. Seriously, I've seen so much worse on fan forums that it was just so silly for me to see y'all slagging off a guy saying such a little statement. It's not like he created a poll saying, "Do you think Carrie should retire and have Martina McBride sing her songs instead?" Sub-caption: "At least Martina can still sing." Poll options: "YES. Martina's still amazing and better than Carrie." "No, I like terrible and off-key." I've seen stuff like THAT on fan forums. :laugh: Most of the responses were "Are you high?" but some agreed. On a fan forum! It was pretty funny, though. It's like what people always say. We're a spoiled fan base. Negativity is so foreign to us, and people are naturally xenophobic, so BOOM, y'know?

oldyfan

Again, just because we can doesn't mean we should. I spent a lot of time on CMT boards, as did several others (looking at you Tee); some prior to Carrie having an official fan club. A lot of that time was spent having to defend Carrie against many trolls. Perhaps that is why it is so Irritating to see some of Carrie's own "fans" use words like "suck." None of us expect a perfect performance out of Carrie every time she gets on stage, but Carrie never sucks! Carrie haters say she sucked, but fans normally never would.

12russ79

It's funny whenever I hear Carrie sing the imperfections make the performance more perfect for me....It proves she's no robot and she is human like the rest of us.... I can take criticism of Carries performances... But what I can't take is when posters start saying stuff like
SHE STRAINED HER VOCAL CORDS
SHE USE TO BE SO MUCH BETTER
SHE SUCKS

If anyone posts this sorta of thing in threads then they can expect me to come out with all barrels blazing...But if you say
CARRIE WAS OFF TONIGHT
CARRIE MESSED UP THAT PERFORMANCE

Those are indeed opinions and although i might disagree I respect any opinion giving in good faith...

COLE-I respect hour thread and I think all and all it served its purpose... GOOD JOB ... Don't worry about the Jabs that me and CAREBEAR4EVA took at each other... They were done in jest on my part and believe it or not I have great respect for both of you guys.....

Bottom line is that whatever are differences may be.... The one thing we all have in common is our love and respect for the GREAT CARRIE UNDERWOOD..... These are special times in this forum and it's my pleasure to share them with all of you guys and gals....

rosie08

No he isn't Rosie - he is a poster who was on the CMT boards with us - remember Trea? The guy on CMT articles now is another story all together - who knows what to make of that monster - today he was pretending that he is a Carrie fan and calling Carrie Country and I fake usernames and trolls. He just likes to upset people but this person was not him.
OH I am sorry I didn't know! I am so so confused have no idea what is going on! I think I will just read..

carebear4eva

So you guys are admitting Carrie has not so stellar performances. Well, then, why can't we discuss those performances? Why are we only allowed to discuss when they're good? I get defensive about Carrie, too, but I spent a little vacation on another fan forum, and just taking a break from a place like this made me realize that comments like "Carrie sucked last night" are so minimal. Seriously, I've seen so much worse on fan forums that it was just so silly for me to see y'all slagging off a guy saying such a little statement. It's not like he created a poll saying, "Do you think Carrie should retire and have Martina McBride sing her songs instead?" Sub-caption: "At least Martina can still sing." Poll options: "YES. Martina's still amazing and better than Carrie." "No, I like terrible and off-key." I've seen stuff like THAT on fan forums. :laugh: Most of the responses were "Are you high?" but some agreed. On a fan forum! It was pretty funny, though. It's like what people always say. We're a spoiled fan base. Negativity is so foreign to us, and people are naturally xenophobic, so BOOM, y'know?

I know, right? - YouTube

allamericangirl8

It's funny whenever I hear Carrie sing the imperfections make the performance more perfect for me...

It depends for me. If it's like TH where her voice cracks because she's so in the moment, that is GOLDEN for me. I freaking love that. But I don't like when a song like GG is pitchy. So I flipflop.

I agree there are some lines that shouldn't be crossed, but I don't understand how "Her voice isn't what it used to be" is crossing a line. It's actually factual. Her voice changes every era.

I also agree that there's a way to say things, but I don't know. If the person is clearly a very big Carrie fan, I won't get picky, y'know? Some people just don't speak in politically correct fashions, so I won't fault 'em for it.