Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2017

teesharky

^ I am rooting for Nicole Kidman from Big Little Lies to win Lead Actress in a Miniseries personally. She played the role so superbly. I loved her in it. I hope that show wins everything.

teesharky

Ooh thanks! I had not heard of it. I will check it out after all the current finales are over- haha. Ie- Homeland, etc.

Has anyone watched "13 Reasons Why" on Netflix? It is so good! I will warn you, it takes days to get over it. I watched all 13 episodes in 24 hours. Couldn't stop watching it.

Apparently, this was a popular book and Selena Gomez has something to do with getting it made. But it is about a teenage girl that commits suicide and leaves tapes behind telling her story and naming the people who caused her to do it. It is told by her and the boy who loved her. It shows what happens as he listens to the tapes. It reminds me of "The Perks of Being a Wallflower".

Seriously, it hit me hard and is taking days to get over it. It's so powerful. No TV show has ever got to me like this.

pklongbeach

I agree about LeFou. I didn't watch the film but I did see the Gaston song and Josh Gad played him much campier than he needed to.

I assume you're talking about Jessica Lange. She has 2 Oscars. Supporting actress for Tootsie and lead actress for something else.
I have no idea if she's even done a film in a while.

So I think either Lange or Sarandon is going to win the miniseries lead actress Emmy this year. Who will it be? Is Feud good?
I think Feud is Great. I am having a great time with it. And ironically, Lange is just nailing every moment. Just 100!! Sarandon is not even close to as good. Weather its the intention of the writing to allow Crawford to stand out or if it is just that Lange is so committed, she is just slaying Sarandon in every scene.......

twaintrain

I think Feud is Great. I am having a great time with it. And ironically, Lange is just nailing every moment. Just 100!! Sarandon is not even close to as good. Weather its the intention of the writing to allow Crawford to stand out or if it is just that Lange is so committed, she is just slaying Sarandon in every scene.......

I agree. I think Sarandon is an incredible actress but she isn't nearly as believable as Lange in this.

On a side note, the Oscars episode was amazing. I cannot believe that actually happened!

sam_vzla

Has any of you seen Toni Erdmann? It was nominated for Best Foreign at the Oscars this year. I watched it today and it was one of the worst things I have ever seen. I mean I dont know if it was that I didnt understand it pr what. The humor was weird, I didnt think it was funny. And it was loooooooong. Almost 3 hours. I wanted to die. And I watched it ok a theater, I paid to watch that thing.

sur_crazy4carrie

I tried to watch it before the Oscars but could not. I think it's getting an American remake. I somewhat remember Jack Nicholson being attached to star.

dismokemi

Cannes line-up is here! Cannes Competition Lineup Includes Sofia Coppola's 'The Beguiled,' Todd Haynes' 'Wonderstruck' | Hollywood Reporter

Pretty great line-up I think, even if Todd Haynes's Wonderstruck was the only film I really knew about before the Cannes announcement.

Anyway, I watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them on a flight a while ago and found it quite boring. I felt like it tried so hard to be cool and edgy but it fell short and became unrelatable instead.

Has any of you seen Toni Erdmann? It was nominated for Best Foreign at the Oscars this year. I watched it today and it was one of the worst things I have ever seen. I mean I dont know if it was that I didnt understand it pr what. The humor was weird, I didnt think it was funny. And it was loooooooong. Almost 3 hours. I wanted to die. And I watched it ok a theater, I paid to watch that thing.

Hmmm I really wanted to see this. I'll probably still try to watch it, but I'm disheartened somehow now. lol

AIgrl06

So have you guys seen, the new Hulu tv show adaptation of The Handmaid's Tale is getting straight raves. It's my favorite book of all-time and I really cannot waaaaiiittt for it you guys! And Elisabeth Moss. <3 I have high expectations.

Also, I forget are there any Kendrick fans on here? Because Damn. is just...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

sur_crazy4carrie

I did see the stellar reviews for The Handmaid's Tale but I am not familiar with the material but anything with Liz Moss is a win.

i am woefully uninformed on current music (think like since 2012). Any recommendations on unmissable albums?

VEEP is coming back this Sunday and I am so excited. Sucks that GoT isn't coming back till July.

twaintrain

I did see the stellar reviews for The Handmaid's Tale but I am not familiar with the material but anything with Liz Moss is a win.

i am woefully uninformed on current music (think like since 2012). Any recommendations on unmissable albums?

VEEP is coming back this Sunday and I am so excited. Sucks that GoT isn't coming back till July.

Adele - 25 (Best pop album in years)
Chris Stapleton - Traveller (Best Country album in years)

AIgrl06

What types of music are you generally into sur?

sur_crazy4carrie

Adele - 25 (Best pop album in years)
Chris Stapleton - Traveller (Best Country album in years)

I have both. I'm partial to 21 over 25 though.

What types of music are you generally into sur?

My taste is pretty eclectic actually. Never been able to get into metal but I'm game for mostly everything else.

I want to wage righteous war against everyone trashing the trailer in the comment section. Brie Larson, Armie Hammer, Cillian Murphy and Jack Reynor. Just take my money.

dismokemi

^ I love Jessie Ware's music. And James Blunt's last 2 albums are pretty good as well, especially Moon Landing. That's pretty much the only English-speaking music I listen to other than Metal, Little Mix and of course Carrie.
I'm also tempted to recommend you K-pop but maybe I should not. lol

AIgrl06

^Jessie Ware is an A++ recommendation, actually. I love her. I feel like if you're an Adele/21 fan, you'll like her. Her style is a bit more smooth than Adele. Anyway like I said Kendrick Lamar. He has three legit masterpiece albums. So you can start with Damn. or go back to To Pimp a Butterfly or good kid, m.A.A.d. city, they're all phenomenal. I also love Rihanna's Anti, though I'm not a huge fan of her earlier stuff. Also check out Shura. Her debut album came out recently and she's bomb. And JoJo too!!! I'm also still really into Leonard Cohen's last album. And I still highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend Maren Morris. Woo, I'm ranting so I'll stop there.

twaintrain

Is it strange that I'm a 30-something guy and cannot wait for Harry Styles' album? Lol

I think "Sign of the Times" is brilliant and shows such a maturity. Loved "Ever Since New York" that he debuted on SNL last night too. I think One Direction got a bum rap simply because they were a boy band. They matured with each album and caught my ear with "Night Changes". Harry is definitely going to be huge as a solo artist.

At the moment I am enjoying Ed Sheeran's "Divide" and Lauren Daigle's "How Can It Be". Waiting on new Country albums by Chris Stapleton and Zac Brown Band, both due in May.

Sorry, somehow this turned into a music thread.

**Oh, and I prefer 21 to 25 as well Sur but I was just thinking after 2012.

teesharky

OMG I just started watching 13 Reasons Why on Netflix. Sooo addicting! And sad. I am on episode 5. Long way to go.

twaintrain

OMG I just started watching 13 Reasons Why on Netflix. Sooo addicting! And sad. I am on episode 5. Long way to go.

I watched all 13 episodes in 24 hours! Lol I couldn't stop. They are so addictive!

If you watch them in a relatively short amount of time make sure you have something light to watch after. I watched some "Ellen" and "Big Bang Theory". It was absolutely great but there is a big come down after it's over.

Can't wait to hear what you think about it! Also, there's a little something in the last episode that people are questioning if it could mean something. I won't spoil anything but there are theories on what it means.