Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2017

AIgrl06

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer:

I don't think I ever relayed the breaking news to you all that I finally did watch the original Star Wars trilogy, ahahaha. I really, really liked them. I just watched Episode I the other night, so I only have three films left until I'm up to speed and can watch this trailer, lol.

sur_crazy4carrie

Right now, I'm up to speed starting with the events of Rogue One. I'm pretty sure I've mostly forgotten the original trilogy. I enjoyed them at the time (which was sometime just before watching The Force Awakens). I haven't watched the prequels yet and I always wonder if I should even bother. From the way people talk about them, they sound horrible.

And Veep... I laughed out loud so many times. So many awesome one liners. I hope the group is not gonna be scattered throughout the season. Selina is getting monthly checks from Catherine now. Whatever happened to being independently wealthy?

abbeyjones18

I don't think I ever relayed the breaking news to you all that I finally did watch the original Star Wars trilogy, ahahaha. I really, really liked them. I just watched Episode I the other night, so I only have three films left until I'm up to speed and can watch this trailer, lol.

I haven't seen the original films in a long time. I need to refresh and rent them, lol. I think that I seen the prequels a couple of times. I like Star Wars a ton, but I have always been more of a Star Trek fan. My older brother is the big Star Wars fan in the family, lol.

Josh

I like Justin. Some of his stuff is a little too big and bombastic and long for me, but he's had some really good songs. My favorite is probably "Cry Me A River".

I guess the critical acclaim I was referring to is Grammy recognition. *NSync and BSB were nominated for Grammys and One Direction hasn't received a single nomination. I thought "Four" and "Made In The A.M." were both great albums and should have receive some recognition, but then again, I thought "Storyteller" should have been nominated as well. Call me crazy. Lol

Liam and Louis can both sing. Liam is especially good.

I am assuming Lauren plans to continue what she's doing. There are quite a few great Christian artists that I listen to a lot. You can't find groups in secular music that can come close to the vocals of Christian groups like The Martins and Selah.

Here's the Martins doing an amazing acapella performance:

I never heard of the Martins before but I will see. I am so sure I saw something on Billboard saying she would consider making a regular album but it was a while ago.

teesharky

Finally finished 13 Reasons Why. Wow. Really dark but powerful message. I loved it. Kate Walsh was great in it.

^ love that you guys like Star Wars too. I am such a geek. Love them all. lol

teesharky

Guys I just saw The Lost City of Z with Robert Pattinson and Charles Hunnan. It was really good. Getting good reviews too. I had no idea it was based on a true story.

Honestly, it was so nice to see Robert Pattinson in a good role outside of Twilight, etc. I was impressed with him. He was very believable in the role. Always liked him but I think he has an uphill battle to remove the Twihard typecast. However, he has actual talent and I think he did very well.

sur_crazy4carrie

I think Pattinson has actually avoided being typecast as the heartthrob. He's mostly done indie stuff for a few years and has gotten to play a lot of roles against type. I just think he hasn't been able to find the right vehicle to propel him to serious mainstream leading man status. Somehow, Kristen Stewart keeps getting prestige roles and acclaim for the one emotion she's capable of showing on her face.

Lost City of Z is on my to watch list. Hopefully it will be in theaters here at some point.

teesharky

^ True. Kristen does soooo many Indie movies too though. haha It is almost like it is intentional, to avoid mainstream big box office films. I have seen her in a few Indie movies since Twilight and she is doing well, but nothing has blown me away yet. I liked her the most in that film called "Still alice" with Julianne Moore. She was believable in that film.

Rob was always good in Twilight, despite the teen madness that inevitably overshadowed his actual acting. haha

sur_crazy4carrie

^ Speaking of which, Damien Chazelle is directing a musical TV show named 'The Eddy' about a club in modern day Paris. Bad news [relative to some people] is that the pilot is being written by the guy who wrote the fanfiction stage play 'The cursed child'.

stuffy

^ Speaking of which, Damien Chazelle is directing a musical TV show named 'The Eddy' about a club in modern day Paris. Bad news [relative to some people] is that the pilot is being written by the guy who wrote the fanfiction stage play 'The cursed child'.
I thought JK Rowling also wrote the play. I had no idea with the way she promotes it.

AIgrl06

Ah, I haven't seen La La Land since it was in theaters. That's definitely one I need to purchase.

Also, everyone, please go watch The Handmaid's Tale now. The first three episodes are on Hulu and it's unbe-freaking-lievable, and appropriately terrifying. Elisabeth Moss, Alexis Bledel, Ann Dowd, the score, the direction, the cinematography. Margaret Atwood even makes a cameo. I haven't been this impressed with a television show in a long time. Just give it all of the Emmys.

Kizmet311

Ah, I haven't seen La La Land since it was in theaters. That's definitely one I need to purchase.

Also, everyone, please go watch The Handmaid's Tale now. The first three episodes are on Hulu and it's unbe-freaking-lievable, and appropriately terrifying. Elisabeth Moss, Alexis Bledel, Ann Dowd, the score, the direction, the cinematography. Margaret Atwood even makes a cameo. I haven't been this impressed with a television show in a long time. Just give it all of the Emmys.

I had no idea Alexis Bledel was in it! Although I hated hated hated that book in college, so I'm not sure I would want to watch it!

AIgrl06

^I was actually really surprised by Bledel! I'm not a huge fan of hers, I usually find her acting a bit one note but I've been hugely impressed by her in these first theee episodes.

And I'm not sure, if you really hated the book you may not be into the show. I loved the book so I'm not the best benchmark for you. I guess it'd depend what your issues with the novel were, because they have done a bit of fleshing out of the characters beforehand through flashback which is really well done. Maybe try the first episode and see what you think!

Grace_Of_God

^ ha my friend texted me this morning saying she feels like this is the first time she's seen Alexis actually act.

Sur, yeah I saw that announcement. I was excited until like you said, found out it was written by the person who wrote the crappy cursed child