Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2018

sur_crazy4carrie

One of two things is going to happen.

1. Jon comes back home and my heart is going to explode
2. He never gets there and I'll be perpetually pissed off

I won't be surprised if the show pulled second scenario on us.

Grace_Of_God

^^ ironically I watched last nights episode because i was at a friends place. so I'm like well i better catch up before part 2 of the final season starts and i don't spoil the ending

sur_crazy4carrie

That's disappointing about glass castle. I was thinking that it might lead to Oscar nods for Larson and Harrelson.

mother! full trailer

I'm not feeling this one just from this but the music in the background is awesome. It's like the sound of wet fingers on hard plastic.

teesharky

^ Oh man so much to discuss from Game of Thrones last night but I don't want to spoil it for anyone. Damn, though. Talk about amping up the cinematography! That was brilliant directing in Spoils of War.

I have to say-- I am really rooting for Jon Snow and the Dragon Queen to hook up before the finale...haha But isn't he somehow related to her? Would they be just kissing cousins or Lanister incest creeps? haha

PS-- I want HBO to do a spin off series for Arya Stark. The Girl is a major bad ass. I would watch a whole series on just her.

sur_crazy4carrie

^ yes the direction in the battle was top notch. Showing the battle from different perspectives was great. The Dothraki standing on their horses to shoot arrows was absolutely awesome. I was actually pretty stressed out during the battle. Tyrion was me when he asked Jaime to flee. And Drogon getting shot, hell no. Dany also isn't supposed to die. I would have been okay with Bronn getting fried but it seems there's more to his story so I'm interested in that.

I have conflicting feelings about Dany and Jon getting together. It makes complete sense as a political alliance. They have some chemistry too. But they are aunt and nephew even if they don't know it. It wouldn't be considered "incestuous" in that world because almost every house including the Starks have married their cousins. Aunt is just one step above that in the incest ladder. In fact these types of marriages still happen in many parts of our civilised world. But it is a little icky.

teesharky

^ haha oh my yes that is a little icky. Darn it. I wanted them to hook up without me feeling bad about it. haha

Jon Snow reminds me of a shorter Orlando Bloom somehow. I like him alot.

Dragon better not die. This is bad but I felt no sympathy as the dragon destroyed all those soldiers, but as soon as he was hurt, my heart wept. haha

twaintrain

Tee, you mentioned something about agreeing/disagreeing with critics earlier. I used to always say if the critics liked it I wouldn't and if they hated I would like it. But over the past few years I have agreed with critics a lot. I go on Rotten Tomatoes a lot to decide if I want to see a film. So I am gradually upgrading my favorite movies from DVD to Bluray, rewatching them along the way. I looked at RT and Metacritic and was shocked to see some movies I thought were universal favorites not receiving great reviews. I still love the movies after 20+ years but it amazes me how some critics panned them. I went on a Julia Roberts binge so I'm referring to Sleeping With The Enemy, The Pelican Brief, and shock... even Pretty Woman, to me, one of the greatest movies ever!

Have critics gotten better over the years? Because I tend to agree with them a lot more now. Maybe they're less snotty and will acknowledge that not every movie has to be a Schindler's List?

sam_vzla

^ haha oh my yes that is a little icky. Darn it. I wanted them to hook up without me feeling bad about it. haha

Jon Snow reminds me of a shorter Orlando Bloom somehow. I like him alot.

Dragon better not die. This is bad but I felt no sympathy as the dragon destroyed all those soldiers, but as soon as he was hurt, my heart wept. haha

I read a tweet, or a meme, I can't remember, but it said something like: dozen of soldiers burning: "hell yeah!", they cut the leg of a horse: "what kind of sick show is this?" I laughed so out loud.

teesharky

I read a tweet, or a meme, I can't remember, but it said something like: dozen of soldiers burning: "hell yeah!", they cut the leg of a horse: "what kind of sick show is this?" I laughed so out loud.

haha that's exactly how I felt too. lol Hurt an animal-- even a fictitious CGI dragon- and I will come for you. lol

sur_crazy4carrie

^ almost done with the first episode of season 2

I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for Natalie dormer

Oh ok. I was asking because we lose 2 direwolves by the second episode of the show. All the money is going into the dragons we're not seeing the wolves enough.

Natalie is in a couple of episodes in season 2 but we don't get her in full glory until the next season.

Grace_Of_God

^ the scene where they kill lady has been the hardest for me to watch so far. Lol. And they didn't even actually SHOW it.

And ughhhhhhh I think I knew she wasn't in that much of season two but stillll

I'm actually surprised Jason Moma didn't last past season one. I pretty much know who dies overall but I just don't know when everyone dies lol

sur_crazy4carrie

^ the scene where they kill lady has been the hardest for me to watch so far. Lol. And they didn't even actually SHOW it.

And ughhhhhhh I think I knew she wasn't in that much of season two but stillll

I'm actually surprised Jason Moma didn't last past season one. I pretty much know who dies overall but I just don't know when everyone dies lol

Doggy killing is hard to watch indeed.
I really need to do a rewatch of the later seasons because lately I've been like.. 'wait, who is that guy?', 'when did that happen?', 'he died? how?'

I like that Dany and Drogo's relationship evolved into a loving one but those first few times when he rapes her taints my perspective on them. Everyone is 3 years younger in the books. So Dany is actually 13 when she's married to Drogo and Martin wrote their first time as consensual which has its own problems. But he's aggressive towards her later in the books until Dany takes charge so that bit is pretty faithfully adapted.

Going to watch the Orphan Black series finale.

sur_crazy4carrie

^ The second season is also painfully boring for Dany. Episode 304 is when she won most of her fandom.

Dany is so thirsty for Jon. Good thing Drogon likes him
And Sam should really learn to shut up when a woman is speaking.

Going beyond the Wall without an army is too dangerous even if you are the magnificent a-team fellowship of the Night's watch.