Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2018

teesharky

Agree. Some of the movies they pan were top notch enjoyable. Sometimes they get it right and the duds deserve all the hate. haha But, there have been many many times that they got it wrong.

I agree with them completely about such films as Dunkirk, SlumDog Millionaire, The Revenant, The English Patient, etc. But some of their favs baffle me as they are dreadfully boring like The Hurt Locker.

Tee, you mentioned something about agreeing/disagreeing with critics earlier. I used to always say if the critics liked it I wouldn't and if they hated I would like it. But over the past few years I have agreed with critics a lot. I go on Rotten Tomatoes a lot to decide if I want to see a film. So I am gradually upgrading my favorite movies from DVD to Bluray, rewatching them along the way. I looked at RT and Metacritic and was shocked to see some movies I thought were universal favorites not receiving great reviews. I still love the movies after 20+ years but it amazes me how some critics panned them. I went on a Julia Roberts binge so I'm referring to Sleeping With The Enemy, The Pelican Brief, and shock... even Pretty Woman, to me, one of the greatest movies ever!

Have critics gotten better over the years? Because I tend to agree with them a lot more now. Maybe they're less snotty and will acknowledge that not every movie has to be a Schindler's List?

Grace_Of_God

UGH Sam is still alive!?? he drives me nuts. i was hoping he'd kick the bucket at some point

and yeah i can see 304 being where she got most of her fandom. I think i just think she's SO boring that it made her little less boring. But its going to take more to tip the scale for me.

List of Characters I like-

Arya
Margaery
Brenne
Bronn
Jon Snow
Tyrion
That blacksmiths apprentence who was the kings bastard who I don't know his name
I go back and forth on liking The Hound

I like a rob stark but I know he dies so im refusing to like him so I don't get attached. I knew Margaery dies too but with her being played by dormer obviously I was going to get attached

Last edited:

sur_crazy4carrie

UGH Sam is still alive!?? he drives me nuts. i was hoping he'd kick the bucket at some point

and yeah i can see 304 being where she got most of her fandom. I think i just think she's SO boring that it made her little less boring. But its going to take more to tip the scale for me.

Arya
Margaery
Brenne
Bronn
Jon Snow
Tyrion
That blacksmiths apprentence who was the kings bastard who I don't know his name Gendry

I like a rob stark but I know he dies so im refusing to like him so I don't get attached. I knew Margaery dies too but with her being played by dormer obviously I was going to get attached

I am intrigued to see if you end up liking Sansa more. Katie and I have been champions of her for a while now.

Grace_Of_God

^ everyone has told me you change your opinion of Sansa throughout the series. I'm like I hope sooooo. I really want to like her haha

sam_vzla

Arya
Margaery
Brenne
Bronn
Jon Snow
Tyrion
That blacksmiths apprentence who was the kings bastard who I don't know his name

The episode when he dies changed my life forever (not just because of him, but everything that happened there). Oh and getting attached, I learned that the hard way with this show.

lolita55

^ The second season is also painfully boring for Dany. Episode 304 is when she won most of her fandom.

Dany is so thirsty for Jon. Good thing Drogon likes him
And Sam should really learn to shut up when a woman is speaking.

Going beyond the Wall without an army is too dangerous even if you are the magnificent a-team fellowship of the Night's watch.

I haven't watched that episode yet but, I am not looking forward to it at all. It was hard enough to see Ned get killed, and everybody who has watched it tell me it is even harder seeing Robb get killed.

Grace_Of_God

The episode when he dies changed my life forever (not just because of him, but everything that happened there). Oh and getting attached, I learned that the hard way with this show.

That's the red wedding right? I actually don't know what season that happens in but I'm assuming it's very soon lol

teesharky

^ yes the Red Wedding was insane, but so was the Purple wedding with Geoffrey. hehe Weddings do not go very well on Game of Thrones. Generally people die. Or you have poor Sensa's terrible wedding night from hell with that monster. But thank goodness for Arya Stark- avenger of all. lol

The funny thing is that I watched the show for Sean Bean, as he is such a good actor and I always like his films. Then he gets whacked in like the first few episodes and I was floored. I almost stopped watching, but something kept me drawn in. Glad I stayed with it. So good.

teesharky

I am intrigued to see if you end up liking Sansa more. Katie and I have been champions of her for a while now.

Sensa bores me too. lol But I don't hate her or anything. I just think she is materialistic and untrustworthy as Arya alluded to last week. She seemed so weak early on, giving in to Circe etc, and almost going against her own family.

However, that wedding night scene definitely made me feel sorry for her and sympathize with her more. Hopefully she will finally find her way into becoming a bit more bad ass like Arya.

sur_crazy4carrie

Sensa bores me too. lol But I don't hate her or anything. I just think she is materialistic and untrustworthy as Arya alluded to last week. She seemed so weak early on, giving in to Circe etc, and almost going against her own family.

However, that wedding night scene definitely made me feel sorry for her and sympathize with her more. Hopefully she will finally find her way into becoming a bit more bad ass like Arya.

My rant about the awesomeness of Sansa Stark. HANNAH, STOP READING!!

Sansa is already kind of a badass. She'll never be a baby assassin but she learned/is learning how to be an excellent politician. Each of the Starks have a special skill set and Sansa's skill, if the writers give her character her due, will prove to be the most valuable for the survival of the family beyond all the current wars. Someone needs to play the game of thrones and Sansa is the only Stark who seems to have the capability and insight to be an effective diplomat. Sansa was a girl who dreamt of being the queen. She wasn't any different from most girls. She was also never encouraged to be different. As for her giving in to Cersei's demand, she really had no choice. She also thought it could save her father. Whatever she was put through, she survived and she learned. If she hadn't, the Starks wouldn't be where they are right now. I sort of wonder how Arya could truly be part of her family any more. What will she do once she can't deal out revenge any more? Sansa on the other hand is literally the person who instigated the fight for her home, she's the one who made sure that they won, and she's the one trying to keep things together in Jon's absence so that the North will stand with Jon when he needs it to. IMO she hasn't said anything to doubt her loyalty to Jon as her king. Maybe she does think she can rule better. So what? She probably could. I was all for Lady of Winterfell/Queen in the North after the battle of the bastards last season.

I am ranting because plenty of people say that Sansa hasn't become 'awesome' like her siblings but she went on her own journey. I completely believe that Arya would not have survived Sansa's journey as Sansa would not have survived Arya's.

tl;dr : Sansa is awesome and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

End rant.

sam_vzla

That's the red wedding right? I actually don't know what season that happens in but I'm assuming it's very soon lol

Yes, that's the one. Maybe it won't shock you that much because you already know some about it. I did not and wow, just wow.

I want Sansa to kick ass in her own way, but like reaaaally kick ass. I actually think she can be like a Cersei, in the way she doesnt use physical strenght to get revenge but more like decisions that ruin the life of whoever she wants. I didnt like her in the first season but she was a just stupid kid back then.

Anyone caved with the episode that leaked? I did. I was too scare of being spoiled. Will comment after you guys have seen it.

sur_crazy4carrie

She definitely took a page from Cersei's book with Ramsay. I will be really pissed if anyone but Sansa deals out Littlefinger's death. The show owes her that.

I was already spoiled because I made the mistake of reading comments on the internet. Then some a-holes posted clips on YT with the title spoiling the scene, no warning or anything. So I went ahead and watched it. Plot points aside, I didn't care for the episode as a whole. I felt that the writing and direction were sub par.

teesharky

My rant about the awesomeness of Sansa Stark. HANNAH, STOP READING!!

Sansa is already kind of a badass. She'll never be a baby assassin but she learned/is learning how to be an excellent politician. Each of the Starks have a special skill set and Sansa's skill, if the writers give her character her due, will prove to be the most valuable for the survival of the family beyond all the current wars. Someone needs to play the game of thrones and Sansa is the only Stark who seems to have the capability and insight to be an effective diplomat. Sansa was a girl who dreamt of being the queen. She wasn't any different from most girls. She was also never encouraged to be different. As for her giving in to Cersei's demand, she really had no choice. She also thought it could save her father. Whatever she was put through, she survived and she learned. If she hadn't, the Starks wouldn't be where they are right now. I sort of wonder how Arya could truly be part of her family any more. What will she do once she can't deal out revenge any more? Sansa on the other hand is literally the person who instigated the fight for her home, she's the one who made sure that they won, and she's the one trying to keep things together in Jon's absence so that the North will stand with Jon when he needs it to. IMO she hasn't said anything to doubt her loyalty to Jon as her king. Maybe she does think she can rule better. So what? She probably could. I was all for Lady of Winterfell/Queen in the North after the battle of the bastards last season.

I am ranting because plenty of people say that Sansa hasn't become 'awesome' like her siblings but she went on her own journey. I completely believe that Arya would not have survived Sansa's journey as Sansa would not have survived Arya's.

tl;dr : Sansa is awesome and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

End rant.

Well you make a good argument so I will give her another chance/look, etc. (smile)

I do agree with you that Sansa is very smart, and has learned how to be a diplomat from Cersei. haha But that is not the best example for her to follow as Circei is an evil snake. However, she is also strong and a powerful Queen despite being a crazy evil witch that sleeps with her brother. lmao

Anyway- I do agree that none of the other Starks are negotiators or diplomats like Sansa could become over time if she develops that skill even more. I just don't like how she acted after her Dad was killed. It felt like she didn't even care much and she kissed up to the Lanisters to save her own butt. I understand that on some level but she should have tried to run away or get revenge or something. She just came off weak to me then. I do agree that she has improved since then, and has grown more brave/badass in her own way, as you said. Hopefully she will continue to develop in that manner.

sam_vzla

She definitely took a page from Cersei's book with Ramsay. I will be really pissed if anyone but Sansa deals out Littlefinger's death. The show owes her that.

I was already spoiled because I made the mistake of reading comments on the internet. Then some a-holes posted clips on YT with the title spoiling the scene, no warning or anything. So I went ahead and watched it. Plot points aside, I didn't care for the episode as a whole. I felt that the writing and direction were sub par.

Oh yes, please! Littlefinger needs to die already and Sansa has to do it. I want to believe she's working on it.

I was worried about the memes, becuase I thought they were going to be everywhere, and so far I think I havent seen anything. There's one funny using the Shame scene but it is not about the episode per se. I really liked some things of the episode but some were calling it the best of the season and I dont think it was. And I can't believe there's only one episode left.

teesharky

^ I haven't looked at any spoilers either. Only 1 episode left? I thought there were 2? Is it really the finale Sunday already?

teesharky

^ OMG what did you think? haha I can't wait until you see Arya's revenge........

Anyway--- tonight's episode was incredible in every way. I am rooting for CGI dragons like they are my freakin' friends. haha Classic. And oh it broke my heart tonight. Yet the scene between Dany and Jon was beautiful! yay!

Now this is freakin' funny. Mind you----------- this is the official Olympic Twitter account tweeting this-- so that made it so much better even. haha

U.S. Olympic Team‏Verified account @TeamUSA 6m6 minutes ago

Anyone have the Night King's contact info so we can recruit him to throw javelin? #GameOfThrones

DHuRthZUMAAKOB2.jpg

sur_crazy4carrie

I....just finished the red wedding....

How dead inside are you?
One of my favorite reaction tweets from that episode is like "you know why there was no music over the credits? Because the sounds of your sobbing is the score"

Me to Arya if she actually meant all that crap she told Sansa
tumblr_inline_o9upu5RCn61tj3jpq_500.gif

giphy.gif

They really should not have cut this season so short. The narrative in the episode really suffered because there wasn't enough time even at 70 minutes length. Even within the show, they're playing fast and loose with the concept of time. One minute you're in Dragonstone, the next you're at Eastwatch. Let's assume that journey took a few weeks. How fast does a raven fly that distance that the party didn't freeze to death on that rock.

Where did the Night's King get that long ass chain? Did the wights jump into the water to tie the chain?

And once again, Arya, WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?
I really hope she has more sense than to fall into Littlefinger's bullcrap

Last edited: