Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2018

teesharky

^ Yes I love Arya-- my fav character-- but she went a bit too far with Sansa. I did like Sansa's comeback quips though. She is definitely getting some spitfire. I get why Arya is pissed off-- she feels that Sansa did not do enough to somehow stop or avenge her Dad's death- or that she even cared. I think that is why I was turned off against Sansa too initially. But I do agree that Arya went too far.

My question to you guys is this: Why does Little Finger want Arya and Sansa to fight? He clearly intended that when he hid the scroll for Arya to find. Does he want Sansa to banish Arya so he can court Sansa without Arya's watchful eye?

Sansa should not have pushed away the Female Knight that always has their back. I did not like Sansa in that scene at all. I think the Knight is right that Little Finger is going to try to move in while she is away, with no protection.

teesharky

Agree. Arya is so smart and badass- but so far Little Finger is doing a number on her. I hope she catches on soon. And I hope she and Sana make up. Sisters fight all the time, so they can get over this.

How dead inside are you?
One of my favorite reaction tweets from that episode is like "you know why there was no music over the credits? Because the sounds of your sobbing is the score"

Me to Arya if she actually meant all that crap she told Sansa
tumblr_inline_o9upu5RCn61tj3jpq_500.gif

giphy.gif

They really should not have cut this season so short. The narrative in the episode really suffered because there wasn't enough time even at 70 minutes length. Even within the show, they're playing fast and loose with the concept of time. One minute you're in Dragonstone, the next you're at Eastwatch. Let's assume that journey took a few weeks. How fast does a raven fly that distance that the party didn't freeze to death on that rock.

Where did the Night's King get that long ass chain? Did the wights jump into the water to tie the chain?

And once again, Arya, WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?
I really hope she has more sense than to fall into Littlefinger's bullcrap

sur_crazy4carrie

My question to you guys is this: Why does Little Finger want Arya and Sansa to fight? He clearly intended that when he hid the scroll for Arya to find. Does he want Sansa to banish Arya so he can court Sansa without Arya's watchful eye?

Sansa should not have pushed away the Female Knight that always has their back. I did not like Sansa in that scene at all. I think the Knight is right that Little Finger is going to try to move in while she is away, with no protection.

He definitely wants them to distrust each other. He wants to be the person closest to Sansa. He also tried this sh!t with her and Jon but he thought Arya would be an easier target.

The fact that Sansa sent Brienne away almost immediately after Littlefinger's comment about how she's vowed to protect both the girls possibly means she's got something brewing in her mind. She knows Arya doesn't need Brienne's help or protection. Sansa might have sent her away so that Littlefinger doesn't corrupt her into doing something bad on Sansa's behalf.

I want to believe that Arya is putting on a show and Sansa is playing her own game. Hopefully they can come together and take out that conniving a-hole.

Last edited:

teesharky

^ thanks yes I hope so too. I don't want them to fight anymore. They have so much worse coming with that Walker Dragon about to fly over the wall. Lol They did not show Arya in the previews though- only Sansa briefly. Hmmm

sur_crazy4carrie

Taylor Swift's new song is just awful. Her lyrics and music, simple as they are, tend to make some sense usually. This new one has exhaustingly repetitive lyrics, and the composition is really lazy. She sacrificed musicality for the impression of edginess.

teesharky

Holy Crap-- Sur-- You were right about Sensa! She finally came through in the end! YESSSS! The 2 Stark Sisters kicked major Bootah tonight! So happy with this episode! Best Finale EVER! (well, except of course that humanity is F***D by the Walker Dragon riden by the Night King) But aside from that, it was brilliant in every way!

Awesome scene:

DISPpyFUEAA_vGO.jpg

sam_vzla

YAAAASSSS!!!! He's dead!!!! I have never been this happy. And he begged! I enjoyed so much that scene.

How epic was that reunion in the begining? To film that must have been incredible, it felt so powerful.

The end!, exactly what it is spitting the dragon? It's not fire, so it is what?

The "revelation" was already what we knew right? Or did I miss something new? Well the real name, but the rest we already knew about it, I think?

It is super late for me, I will comment more later today. But I'm so happy hahah

sur_crazy4carrie

I enjoyed this episode much more than the last one. The plot moved along well. Jon and Dany travelling to Winterfell. Jaime finally "seeing" Cersei. White Dragon Viserion spitting blue flames it looked like. Who knows. And the magnificent Lady of Winterfell. Bow down. It was a subdued episode but I'm not complaining as it fit the tone of the landscape of the show. Bran's narration of the Jonerys scene was a bit of a downer though.

Yes Sam, we basically knew. They've been dropping hints left and right this season, some subtle others not so much. What will happen when Dany finds out who Jon is? I don't think it is in Jon's character to bother with any "true heir to the throne" stuff. I hope they use the information to create some identity struggle for Jon. There's also scope for some tension between Dany and him and I think there's a very good chance that Dany will get pregnant.

One of the few things that irked me was that Theon's scene just went on and on. And couldn't they have found a prettier Rhaegar? He was supposed to be the most beautiful man in Westeros of his time. I was hoping that Jon's real name would be Daeron or Jaehaerys or some such. Aegon is literally Rhaegar's older son's name. If Rhaegar had already accepted that his other kids would die and named Jon to replace his other son, that makes him an a**hole. Maybe he thought that the 'Prince that was promised' should be named Aegon because he was sort of a prophesy nut.

ETA: It was pointed out by some people that Rhaegar was probably already dead by the time Jon was born. Aegon and Rhaenys were also dead before Ned got to the tower. If Jon was Rhaegar's only living heir when he was named, and if Lyanna knew it, it makes sense for Jon to be an Aegon even though it is actually his dead brothers name. But I still have a feeling that Rhaegar had already picked out Aegon for his son with Lyanna.

Also Tormund has to be alive. He and Brienne need to make big ginger/blonde babies.

I also read that there is a very good chance that the final season may not come till 2019. We could be waiting up to 20 months.

Last edited:

sam_vzla

I enjoyed this episode much more than the last one. The plot moved along well. Jon and Dany travelling to Winterfell. Jaime finally "seeing" Cersei. White Dragon Viserion spitting blue flames it looked like. Who knows. And the magnificent Lady of Winterfell. Bow down. It was a subdued episode but I'm not complaining as it fit the tone of the landscape of the show. Bran's narration of the Jonerys scene was a bit of a downer though.

Yes Sam, we basically knew. They've been dropping hints left and right this season, some subtle others not so much. What will happen when Dany finds out who Jon is? I don't think it is in Jon's character to bother with any "true heir to the throne" stuff. I hope they use the information to create some identity struggle for Jon. There's also scope for some tension between Dany and him and I think there's a very good chance that Dany will get pregnant.

One of the few things that irked me was that Theon's scene just went on and on. And couldn't they have found a prettier Rhaegar? He was supposed to be the most beautiful man in Westeros of his time. I was hoping that Jon's real name would be Daeron or Jaehaerys or some such. Aegon is literally Rhaegar's older son's name. If Rhaegar had already accepted that his other kids would die and named Jon to replace his other son, that makes him an a**hole. Maybe he thought that the 'Prince that was promised' should be named Aegon because he was sort of a prophesy nut.

ETA: It was pointed out by some people that Rhaegar was probably already dead by the time Jon was born. Aegon and Rhaenys were also dead before Ned got to the tower. If Jon was Rhaegar's only living heir when he was named, and if Lyanna knew it, it makes sense for Jon to be an Aegon even though it is actually his dead brothers name. But I still have a feeling that Rhaegar had already picked out Aegon for his son with Lyanna.

Also Tormund has to be alive. He and Brienne need to make big ginger/blonde babies.

I also read that there is a very good chance that the final season may not come till 2019. We could be waiting up to 20 months.

I also think Dany will get pregnant, that conversation about not being able to have kids and then having sex with her nephew was too obvious. Btw was Tyrion jelous? Or just curious?

I thought the 2019 date was already a fact? And it is crazy, I mean cant they do it in a year? Maybe go for late 2018, but dont push it to 2019.

teesharky

^ Agree. I also think Dany will be pregnant with Jon's child and they will marry and rule together. I don't think Jon will try to usurp Dany of the throne but will join her on the throne as King and Queen.

I thought the Blue Dragon was spitting out blue ice, not fire? They always have this duality of Fire and Ice? I could be wrong though. Either way-- they are all FK****D.

Tormund has to be alive. Just because the wall fell and most of the guards died, doesn't mean he died too. I think they would have shown his death if that were so. He deserved for his death to at least have been televised. lol Everyone loved him and he does need to marry her to have giant babies.

Jon and Dany are hot together- haha I guess it doesn't bother me that they are sort of related in a distant way. Crazy but it creeps me out that Jamie and Circei hook up, but I root for Jon and Dany.

That opening scene with the summit of all the Leaders (and assh***es) was epic. So well directed. You could feel the tension and scheming in the air- it was so thick. And Boy does Dani know how to make an entrance.

My fav scene was definitely the Arya and Sansa moment. I was so buying into Sansa about to kill Arya and I was going to hate her forever...and then there was a massive unexpected twist. haha I loved that. It was a great moment in the series. I pray neither of them die, or Jon either.

Since Greyjoy was finally killed by Theon, what does that mean for Circe's little scheme of him bringing in the big army to betray and doublecross the so-called truce? With Jamie leaving her and GreyJoy dead-- I would say that Circe is fiinally over.

PS- This annoys me: Why can't Bran tell them what the heck is supposed to happen with all his visions? Does he already know who is going to die? It just feels like he doesn't tell them enough Intel for someone who sees and knows all.

teesharky

If it returns in Fall 2018 I can live with that. But 2019 is way too long. Did they explain why there is going to be such a long delay? Are certain actors committed to other projects?

sur_crazy4carrie

Jon and Dany are hot together- haha I guess it doesn't bother me that they are sort of related in a distant way. Crazy but it creeps me out that Jamie and Circei hook up, but I root for Jon and Dany.

And Boy does Dani know how to make an entrance.

Since Greyjoy was finally killed by Theon, what does that mean for Circe's little scheme of him bringing in the big army to betray and doublecross the so-called truce? With Jamie leaving her and GreyJoy dead-- I would say that Circe is fiinally over.

PS- This annoys me: Why can't Bran tell them what the heck is supposed to happen with all his visions? Does he already know who is going to die? It just feels like he doesn't tell them enough Intel for someone who sees and knows all.

Jon and Dany's relation isn't distant at all. Accounting for all the past incest they share more DNA than a regular aunt/nephew pair would. Ignoring the genetic consequences of incest, the creepiest part is actually knowing each other as relatives. This is something that Jon and Dany don't have. They are strangers who don't know they are related.

Cersei immediately noticed the flaw in Dany's entrance. The absence of Viserion.

The guy Theon killed wasn't Euron. He's some random iron islander boat captain. Euron had already left for Essos to bring the Golden Company for Cersei.

Bran says he can see the past and the present. He never mentioned seeing the future. Maybe he can but we don't know yet.

They have to film the next season during winter. Each of the 6 episodes are apparently feature length so that's the equivalent of 9 regular episodes. It's not surprising that they would need time.

teesharky

^ Wow I am clueless I guess. Thanks Sur. I swore that was Euron. I must have been tired. What was the point of that huge long scene if he did not kill anyone special? I don't get it. It went on too long for it to not be an important death.

Yes I agree that the incest is far worse when you know you are related, and hook up anyway. At least Jon and Dani do not know they are related, as you said. What a twisted story. haha

So how are they going to wrap this all up in 6/9 episodes? I wonder who will be left standing in the end?

I predict:

Jon and Dani will live
Arya and Sansa will live
Bran will die
Circei will die with her unborn baby to make the prediction true- no more babies.
Euron will die
Tyrion will live-- he is the ultimate survivor
At least 1 more Dragon will die

Not sure about the rest.

sur_crazy4carrie

Theon's scene was supposed to be about him coming into his own. Showing that he's still got strength and willpower left and stuff. But it came too late in the season. I am sure nobody cares enough about Yara to wait for another season to find out what happened to her. This scene should have come a couple of episodes earlier. The Greyjoys have always been treated like this on the show. Tacked on to the season finale as an afterthought, forgotten after the next season premiere and then repeat. I also said earlier that that scene was entirely too long for such diminished returns.

I think one or both among Jon and Dany will die
Either Sansa or Arya will probably die (I think Arya).
Cersei will likely blow up King's Landing. Jaime will kill her. He might die too but there's a chance he will be spared.
Tyrion's plot armour has been very thick so far. For the sake of narration, it should wear out sometime soon but I admit that I see him surviving.

teesharky

^ Yes me too. For whatever reason, i feel like Tyrion will outlast them all. haha

I hope Arya lives...but I worry. I guess the writers are no longer going along with the books per se, so anything goes. I still have not read the books but plan to at some point.

AIgrl06

Oh my god the fact that the vast majority of this thread is GoT...

giphy.gif

The fact that Hannah is now on the GoT train...

giphy.gif

Also, hey guys!

sur_crazy4carrie

^ooh look who's back in the hood.

Guys, I've been thinking, the regular posters here have known each other for a few years. It looks like we're also getting increasingly busy. So maybe we could start interacting outside of this site and not lose touch with each other. Thoughts?