Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2018

AIgrl06

See, I almost predicted Heaven is a Traffic Jam on the 405 but then I realized I would've had to predict the other short categories, lol.

twaintrain

Can I just air a grievance? The whole thing about women/minorities not being represented. Why do they point that at us, the audience? I want to know what people have written letters to Hollywood asking them not to make these movies. It was Hollywood who chose not to make the movies, chose not to hire female/minority directors, not the audience. I, and I think most people, don't care who directs the movie as long as it's a good movie. It's all their fault and they act as though it's ours.

sur_crazy4carrie

Peele and Chelsea Peretti are a couple?

^ Do they actually blame the audience? I rarely hear that argument with Hollywood films.
But plenty of filmmakers in my country make the excuse that they're giving content that the audience has dictated. It's always a very bad explanation for their mediocrity.

Grace_Of_God

Can I just air a grievance? The whole thing about women/minorities not being represented. Why do they point that at us, the audience? I want to know what people have written letters to Hollywood asking them not to make these movies. It was Hollywood who chose not to make the movies, chose not to hire female/minority directors, not the audience. I, and I think most people, don't care who directs the movie as long as it's a good movie. It's all their fault and they act as though it's ours.

I feel like anything that gets directed towards the audience is always more encouraging then blaming. They blame hollywood. but with that one montage where Greta ends it by saying "go make your movie". theyre saying that because hollywood is FINALLY listening. Theres been a general consensus that most movies made by females don't usually make THAT much money. Unless its teen focused like Twilight. So with the audience going out and seeing something like Wonder Women to throw their support behind it is a big thing. That being said. there have been a lot of opinions from people just as recent as Star Wars where closed minded people don't like it because the main focus is a female. So yes theres still some blame to the audience but most people are outraged with Hollywood and them not hiring enough women and PoC