Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bethany Hamilton *SPOILER*

Carebear1994

Okay, so on Facebook, a friend and I were talking on a Bethany Hamilton post about how she's a presenter and how it would be awesome for her to give and award to Carrie (and also joked how she should host the show and the subject of she and Carrie should host the CMA's) and this was her response!

"You guys are all too sweet! I will not be hosting the ACM's but I am sure stoked to be presenting an award to the AMAZING Carrie Underwood. What award you ask? Well you will just have to tune in! ;)"

So, with that, I am not sure she thinks there is multiple nominations or if there's an un-mentioned award or what, but I take this as Carrie is not going home empty handed tomorrow night!! (Don't shoot me if I am wrong, this is just my thoughts on her comment.)

supercarriefan

I wonder if it's the Humanitarian Award? The results of FVOTY are kept secret until it's announced live, so she wouldn't know if she would presenting that to Carrie for sure.

somebody60

^Humanitarian Award, I am guessing. I heard that award is usually announced in advance, but it hasn't been this year. This makes sense now why it hasn't been mentioned because a superstar like Carrie might have won the award. If, so, congrats to Carrie!! She definitely has earned it with all she has done.

Edit: All 3 of us said the same thing at the same time. lol. So, it's sounding like this is the award Carrie is going to get. It's not your typical award, but it's a very nice honor to receive!

undrwood9098

Tee is going to love you for this. :D

I'm SO excited to hear about this! Maybe it's the Crystal Milestone Award. Or maybe it's the Humanitarian Award. Or maybe it's the "Sorry for snubbing you; we'll never do it again" Award! :D

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Okay, so on Facebook, a friend and I were talking on a Bethany Hamilton post about how she's a presenter and how it would be awesome for her to give and award to Carrie (and also joked how she should host the show and the subject of she and Carrie should host the CMA's) and this was her response!

"You guys are all too sweet! I will not be hosting the ACM's but I am sure stoked to be presenting an award to the AMAZING Carrie Underwood. What award you ask? Well you will just have to tune in! ;)"

So, with that, I am not sure she thinks there is multiple nominations or if there's an un-mentioned award or what, but I take this as Carrie is not going home empty handed tomorrow night!! (Don't shoot me if I am wrong, this is just my thoughts on her comment.)

Remember that the ACMs sometimes awards what they call a milestone award. This could be what Bethany is talking about.

somebody60

^I didn't think about a Crystal Milestone award. Last year, she did become the first female artist to win EOTY twice at the ACM's. I hope it's the Humanitarian one, though. Those Crystal Milestone awards are a bit pointless, IMO.

Volcomlvr87

Didn't someone in the other thread say Home Depot is no longer an ACM sponsor? So maybe they're getting rid of that award or they could simply drop the 'Home Depot' from the title.

nccountrygal

^I didn't think about a Crystal Milestone award. Last year, she did become the first female artist to win EOTY twice at the ACM's. I hope it's the Humanitarian one, though. Those Crystal Milestone awards are a bit pointless, IMO.

I think I would rather it be the Humanitarian one also. If they were to give her an award for being the first female to win EOTY twice at the ACM's then wouldn't that sort of be like well yeah we snubbed you this year but here's an award to make up for that snub.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
They said on the radio Reba won the Milestone award...

They sometimes award more than one in a year. Two years ago, they awarded two. One to Jennifer Nettles for being the first woman since 1972 to win a Song Of The Year award for a song they wrote solo. And Taylor won one for "bringing a new generation to country music".

undrwood9098

I think I would rather it be the Humanitarian one also. If they were to give her an award for being the first female to win EOTY twice at the ACM's then wouldn't that sort of be like well yeah we snubbed you this year but here's an award to make up for that snub.

They're giving her that award at the ACM Girls' Night Out event on April 4, anyways. ;)

teesharky

Tee is going to love you for this. :D

I'm SO excited to hear about this! Maybe it's the Crystal Milestone Award. Or maybe it's the Humanitarian Award. Or maybe it's the "Sorry for snubbing you; we'll never do it again" Award! :D

That would be awesome! Maybe Carrie is getting a milestone award!

Could be for winning EOTY twice for females, or for having 13 number 1s in a row, first female to do that ever, right?

If so, this is great as Carrie will get some sort of love finally.

But I also think this definitely means she lost Female Vocalist (which we knew already anyway)- because otherwise they wouldn't have to create an award to give Carrie. lol

But I don't care. If this is true--- I will happily take it as I thought Carrie was going home empty handed-- so this is awesome if true!

Very very cool. :)

teesharky

wow thanx so much for posting! I really hope this is true! Bethany does not seem like she would lie so this is awesome! :) yay!

maybe a crystal milestone award for something.

undrwood9098

That would be awesome! Maybe Carrie is getting a milestone award!

Could be for winning EOTY twice for females, or for having 13 number 1s in a row, first female to do that ever, right?

If so, this is great as Carrie will get some sort of love finally.

But I also think this definitely means she lost Female Vocalist (which we knew already anyway)- because otherwise they wouldn't have to create an award to give Carrie. lol

But I don't care. If this is true--- I will happily take it as I thought Carrie was going home empty handed-- so this is awesome if true!

Very very cool. :)

They're honoring her for the EOTY wins at the Girls' Night Out special on April 4, so I don't think they'd honor her twice at two different ceremonies for the same thing.

And who says Carrie lost FVOTY? They gave Taylor the Milestone Award two years ago, and she won Album of the Year for "Fearless" on the same night. :)

abbeyjones18

To be honest, I'm still shocked that Carrie didn't get an award for having 10 number ones off of her first two albums...I mean, she's the first ever to have done that, right?