Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bethany Hamilton *SPOILER*

The Nanook

If it's for the 13 #1s in a row, shouldn't Brad get one too then? He's had just as many and I think even more #1s in a row. unless it's for 13 #1s in a row since her first single. It wouldn't be very nice for anyone to see a peer be recognized for something you also accomplished, even if Carrie and Brad are very good friends, especially since Brad will be in the audience. So this specifies that if it's for 13 #1s then it's for having them since her first album, or it specifies that it's not for the streak of #1s but rather something like the Humanitarian Award.

undrwood9098

If it's for the 13 #1s in a row, shouldn't Brad get one too then? He's had just as many and I think even more #1s in a row. unless it's for 13 #1s in a row since her first single. It wouldn't be very nice for anyone to see a peer be recognized for something you also accomplished, even if Carrie and Brad are very good friends, especially since Brad will be in the audience. So this specifies that if it's for 13 #1s then it's for having them since her first album, or it specifies that it's not for the streak of #1s but rather something like the Humanitarian Award.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_paisley_discography#Singles

Not all of Brad's went #1 consecutively. Plus, his first three singles of his career were #12, #1, and #18. Carrie's were all #1s.

Jade_kt

My fear is Bethany was fooling us somehow and I announced to you all and got you excited and then nothing happen and you all like murder me!

Don't worry we are used to Carrie getting snubbed lately so most aren't having high expectations that Carrie will win something. If she does, it would just be an added plus :D So anything to give us something to look forward to is great :D

DaisyTweets

That would be a very nice honor-- and it is well deserved. I hope that is it. Carrie deserves that and not even her haters should have a problem with her getting that award.

I definitely think it means she lost Female though. lol But I appreciate the ACMS for throwing her a bone. They are much nice then the CMAS, who just keep sending Carrie home empty handed.

Gosh Tee maybe you be buying yourself some lottery tickets since you can see into the future! How you can be so sure that Carrie lost the FV award is beyond me. Others have gotten a Milestone award and also won in the same year!

And you know if Carrie is getting a Milestone award for something like the #1 streak, I hardly consider that a bone. Carrie achieved something that no one else prior to her has done. I'd that is an accomplishment that should be honored and something to be proud of. And something that I don't think will be achieved again.

lilstar

Hey !!!----I think you are right !!!!---Heaven knows she has done sooo much humanitian work. She doesn't use it to promote hershelf like some do either--I mean some WE don't even know about. She's private about it!!!---that would be so awesome! Bethany may have clued us in to something here !!!!-----Truth is , I'm betting Carrie would care more about a humanitian award than a music award!---And I'm sure they want to shut us up about her snub !!

Carebear1994

Yeah, let's see. Bethany is all about volunteering and helping and inspiration, so that might have something to do. Probably her and AnnaSophia will announce Carrie's performance (since they worked together) and then after, Bethany will give her some kind of Humanitarian award (like Reba did to with the Triple Crown award). Haha cracked it!

The Nanook

Brad Paisley discography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not all of Brad's went #1 consecutively. Plus, his first three singles of his career were #12, #1, and #18. Carrie's were all #1s.
I'm pretty sure that string of singles from When I Get Where I'm Going to Anything Like Me all went #1 on either Billboard and/or Mediabase, except for his most recent single, just like Carrie. Those charts on Wikipedia are based off of Billboard, if you look at Carrie's Wiki page there are a few #2s for DFTRM and ITYS, but they both went #1 on Mediabase.

And I know his first few singles didn't hit #1, that's why I said if the award is for having x #1s in a row, then it's for having them since the beginning of her career.

teesharky

Gosh Tee maybe you be buying yourself some lottery tickets since you can see into the future! How you can be so sure that Carrie lost the FV award is beyond me. Others have gotten a Milestone award and also won in the same year!

And you know if Carrie is getting a Milestone award for something like the #1 streak, I hardly consider that a bone. Carrie achieved something that no one else prior to her has done. I'd that is an accomplishment that should be honored and something to be proud of. And something that I don't think will be achieved again.

I am just being honest. Sorry. I understand what you are saying, but not one person has predicted Carrie to win female vocalist of all the country music sites. Everyone thinks Miranda is going to win, so I am not alone in my prediction. Sometimes being honest and realistic is not the same thing as being negative. I would rather be prepared for the inevitable then get my hopes up to be crushed again like the last few years.

I never ever said the Crystal Milestone award was not a big honor or that it is something to be sniffed at. In my other posts I was extremely excited about the award and said so.

But I still see it as Carrie was snubbed from EOTY, so they felt they should somehow make up for that in someway, by throwing her a little bone. I am still happy about this though-- because it shows the ACMS are nice people who don't hate Carrie, and feel bad for what happened. That makes me respect them more actually. The CMAS sure didn't do anything for Carrie to make up for the EOTY snub there.

I don't blame the ACMS for what happened to Carrie anyway. I blame her label for voting for Miranda over Carrie for EOTY. They did not vote for Carrie in the 2nd round, clearly, or she would have been nominated.

teesharky

She tweeted this a little while ago. :) I think this is the part where she will present Carrie's performance.

Bethanyhamilton

Tonight 4/3 at the 46th Academy of Country Music Awards @robbannasophia & I will present #CarrieUnderwood! Watch it at 8PM ET on CBS.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
I'm pretty sure that string of singles from When I Get Where I'm Going to Anything Like Me all went #1 on either Billboard and/or Mediabase, except for his most recent single, just like Carrie. Those charts on Wikipedia are based off of Billboard, if you look at Carrie's Wiki page there are a few #2s for DFTRM and ITYS, but they both went #1 on Mediabase.

And I know his first few singles didn't hit #1, that's why I said if the award is for having x #1s in a row, then it's for having them since the beginning of her career.

That is correct. Brad had a string of 14 #1s in a row.

pgk

They sometimes award more than one in a year. Two years ago, they awarded two. One to Jennifer Nettles for being the first woman since 1972 to win a Song Of The Year award for a song they wrote solo. And Taylor won one for "bringing a new generation to country music".

Well gee, if Nettles got one for writing just one song solo, what will Taylor get for writing a whole album's worth of songs solo? Do they give men this kind of award? I don't know about others but I'm kinda finding this type of award condescending, like , being patted on the head for achieving somethng that they've assumed is beyond a woman's capabilities.

blondemama

I think Carie will be awarded a humamitarian award for charitable contribution or something like that which if true is huge for some one as young and new to the business as her. I agree with TEE that carrie was sold out by her label in favor of boosting Mirandas Carreer, which just means Carrie has done so well she does not need a boost. I also think that Carries pic on the new X1X entertainment run buy Simon Fuller may be new things to come. Carrie is smart , she will not sit by and let then do what they did without some comeback. Perhaps after Carrie puts out #4 and her contract with Arista has been fulfilled we may see Carrie with a new label. Other than her Pic on this new X!X Entertainment my whole theory is pure speculation with no kind of proof.

Carebear1994

All I can say is wow.... I am so sorry. I started crying when I saw Bethany's tweet that she was on her way to the airport because I feel like I got everyone excited for nothing. Words cannot even describe how very sorry I am.

lab

All I can say is wow.... I am so sorry. I started crying when I saw Bethany's tweet that she was on her way to the airport because I feel like I got everyone excited for nothing. Words cannot even describe how very sorry I am.

The GREATEST THING THAT HAPPEN because of this is ...... Some Carrie Fans who are planning NOT TO WATCH THE SHOW, tuned in and SAW "ONE" OF CARRIE'S GREATEST LIVE PERFORMANCES. It was just "HEAVEN" in Carrie Land last night!!! WHO CARES ABOUT THE AWARDS, AFTER THAT PERFORMANCE? And the CROWD and CHEERS, STARS and MASSES ALIKE, ARE REALLY ENJOYING IT!!!

It just happened FOR A REASON!!!