Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Brother 13 (2011)

Zman312

I was just saying!

I am disgusted by Adam.

I want to try out for BB14, but I don't know if I can handle being in one house for 3 months!

quincyeyes

It's b/c Allison Grodner took over for Shapiro starting with season 8 and imo the show has never been as good with the exception of the excellent casting of Jeff and Jordan. Think of the first 7 seasons. The endurance comps lasted all night and into the morning. Those of us with live feeds would watch all night. It was highlights of the season for us b/c we would chat and watch. Think of season 6's endurance challenge when Kaysar came back and Jennifer lied to him and he gave it to her after hours and hours or season 5 with Diane and Jase. These comps did not require physical aptitude or balance, they required will-power. Is it hard to push a button? no - for 8 hours non-stop? yes. Mind over matter. That concept is gone!

As someone who has watched the show since season 2 and had feeds since season 6 and has been a die-hard fan, I am sick of AG. She has to go. Production meddles too much to manipulate outcomes, the casting has generally been bad, the "twists" are too tame (think of season 5 and the twist that Nakomis and Cowboy met and discovered they were half-siblings? What are these twists compared to that?), the system is not challenging them enough (think of Nakomis 6 finger plan which she came up with to beat the system and then subsequently forced BB to have veto players randomly picked and limited to 6), the increasing torture of the Have-Not system has not paid out the dividends invisioned in my mind (they went from P,B & J to slop to slop + bad beds to slop + bad foods + bad beds + cold showers, etc) and the path to success is now very well known - you need to lose in the beginning weeks and appear to be a weak player but be nice socially but as the season progresses you need to become more distasteful to increase your chances of someone wanting to sit next to you in the end and then all of a sudden win most of the comps. Dan (winner season 10) is the ultimate example of this strategy and conscientiously employed it and I don't think it is a coincidence that he is the only winner to have ever won unanimously. Yes the Brigade had a very interesting concept last season by purposely pairing up with someone who was disposable - Kudos to Matt even though he did not reap the benefits of the plan but really how interesting was the show to watch? The DR footage we see is a joke in comparison to early seasons. We have DRs of the HGs explaining how they felt or played a competition after the competition has been played. Who cares? We can see how it is played and with the exception of someone throwing the comp. which would be informative we can pretty much determine how the players are feeling. I want to see the DR footage of them offering their opinions about other HGs. I will say that Britney's DR sessions last season were priceless. She is extremely funny and although I did not particularly like her b/c her humor tended toward cruelty she did give good DR.

Anyway, I'm obviously passionate about this. I hope they get a new producer and improve the show next season. Two of my all-time favorite HGs were on the show this season and I am still considering not getting feeds next year which is shocking even to me.

epicamends

^I'll also add Dick & Daniele to the short list of great casting choices since AG took over. But the majority of the casting choices in the last few seasons have been pretty lame & forgettable, along with the twists.

Season 6 remains my fave season. Janelle, Kaysar, Howie, etc. were priceless. The combo of Janie/Will/Boogie in all-stars was awesome too. I'll never forget Boogie's face when Janelle evicted Will. And Janie's "bye bye b*tches" moment in S6.

I can't really think of that many memorable moments from the last few seasons, though.

It feels like it's too easy for floaters to get to the end now, which sucks.

Grace_Of_God

I want to try out for BB14, but I don't know if I can handle being in one house for 3 months!

right?! can you imagine being stuck with people you might hate for 3 months...but hey its a good way to possibly make 500,000 bucks and its a good adventure.

It's b/c Allison Grodner took over for Shapiro starting with season 8 and imo the show has never been as good with the exception of the excellent casting of Jeff and Jordan. Think of the first 7 seasons. The endurance comps lasted all night and into the morning. Those of us with live feeds would watch all night. It was highlights of the season for us b/c we would chat and watch. Think of season 6's endurance challenge when Kaysar came back and Jennifer lied to him and he gave it to her after hours and hours or season 5 with Diane and Jase. These comps did not require physical aptitude or balance, they required will-power. Is it hard to push a button? no - for 8 hours non-stop? yes. Mind over matter. That concept is gone!

As someone who has watched the show since season 2 and had feeds since season 6 and has been a die-hard fan, I am sick of AG. She has to go. Production meddles too much to manipulate outcomes, the casting has generally been bad, the "twists" are too tame (think of season 5 and the twist that Nakomis and Cowboy met and discovered they were half-siblings? What are these twists compared to that?), the system is not challenging them enough (think of Nakomis 6 finger plan which she came up with to beat the system and then subsequently forced BB to have veto players randomly picked and limited to 6), the increasing torture of the Have-Not system has not paid out the dividends invisioned in my mind (they went from P,B & J to slop to slop + bad beds to slop + bad foods + bad beds + cold showers, etc) and the path to success is now very well known - you need to lose in the beginning weeks and appear to be a weak player but be nice socially but as the season progresses you need to become more distasteful to increase your chances of someone wanting to sit next to you in the end and then all of a sudden win most of the comps. Dan (winner season 10) is the ultimate example of this strategy and conscientiously employed it and I don't think it is a coincidence that he is the only winner to have ever won unanimously. Yes the Brigade had a very interesting concept last season by purposely pairing up with someone who was disposable - Kudos to Matt even though he did not reap the benefits of the plan but really how interesting was the show to watch? The DR footage we see is a joke in comparison to early seasons. We have DRs of the HGs explaining how they felt or played a competition after the competition has been played. Who cares? We can see how it is played and with the exception of someone throwing the comp. which would be informative we can pretty much determine how the players are feeling. I want to see the DR footage of them offering their opinions about other HGs. I will say that Britney's DR sessions last season were priceless. She is extremely funny and although I did not particularly like her b/c her humor tended toward cruelty she did give good DR.

I agree with what youve said, it's been way too easy and production heads are to blame for this. I hate the new twists. I hated duos this season. I LOVED that season when someone was knew someone else in the house. Or the season where the twins traded out.

Season 6 remains my fave season. Janelle, Kaysar, Howie, etc. were priceless. The combo of Janie/Will/Boogie in all-stars was awesome too. I'll never forget Boogie's face when Janelle evicted Will. And Janie's "bye bye b*tches" moment in S6.

JANELLE <33333 loved her. I think shes still my favorite player ever.

Zman312

I loved season 6 and Janelle is my favorite! Kaysar was awesome too... I still hate the nerd herd but Adam is the worst... can't stand him

epicamends

I loved season 6 and Janelle is my favorite! Kaysar was awesome too... I still hate the nerd herd but Adam is the worst... can't stand him

Omg, I *hated* the Nerd Herd so much, and their obsession with "Cappy". haha. I was so mad about the F2 that season. But I loved Kaysar/Janie/Howie. The Kaysar/Janie chess games were awesome. That was one of few seasons I had the live feeds for.

The whole being stuck in one house with the same people for 3 months isn't what would make me hesitate from being on BB, it's the complete and total lack of privacy that would get to me. You literally have a camera following your every single move 24/7. I think that would drive me crazy, as I like my privacy. And also the fact that you can't sing in the house. haha.

Grace_Of_God

^ i hate that they have a camera in the toilet area. I mean I get why they do. Because if they didnt everyone would think thats the perfect place to go to get away. But i still wouldnt feel comfortable going to the bathroom lol