Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Brother 14

carriecountrystar

Grrr. I didn't think I would be this upset. Frankly, I was fine with with the idea of either Dan or Ian taking the crown but man were the jurors sour grapes.

I liked Ian but I'd be lying if I said I'm not pretty disappointed/upset the way it turned out. Dan played one heck of a game and was the best player. They got played and should have taken it with good sport because they fell for it. Get over it. I think Dan threw the last H0H competition because he didn't want to take out Ian even though he knew his best chances were with Danielle. Oh well...

Grace_Of_God

Janelle said it best, "if Dan doesnt win its a travesty." but hats off to Ian. Too bad the jury was so bitter.

and YES i know Frank would get the fan vote :) so happy

supercarriefan

Such a disappointment! Everyone on that jury knew that Dan deserved the money, yet they weren't willing to overlook their personal feelings to give it to him. Oh well...Dan will go down as one of the greatest players of the game while those 7 people will go down as the most bitter jury of all time lol.
Shane and Danielle really annoyed me last night. Both of them looked like someone died. They were so upset all night. Danielle even looked mad even the final moments of the show while everyone else was celebrating. If Shane stays with her, he gets what he deserves. She isn't the nice person she pretended to be all summer, and her true colors showed last night. Although, perhaps she and Shane deserve each other given his behavior as well. I wanted to smack the sour faces off the both of them lol. Danielle seems seriously mentally unstable. It scares me.
Dan looked thrilled for Ian and Frank. I think he really is a good guy in his real life.
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the wrap party this year lol. I wonder if Danielle ever actually loosened up and had fun :p.

JB172

Such a disappointment! Everyone on that jury knew that Dan deserved the money, yet they weren't willing to overlook their personal feelings to give it to him. Oh well...Dan will go down as one of the greatest players of the game while those 7 people will go down as the most bitter jury of all time lol.
Shane and Danielle really annoyed me last night. Both of them looked like someone died. They were so upset all night. Danielle even looked mad even the final moments of the show while everyone else was celebrating. If Shane stays with her, he gets what he deserves. She isn't the nice person she pretended to be all summer, and her true colors showed last night. Although, perhaps she and Shane deserve each other given his behavior as well. I wanted to smack the sour faces off the both of them lol. Danielle seems seriously mentally unstable. It scares me.
Dan looked thrilled for Ian and Frank. I think he really is a good guy in his real life.
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the wrap party this year lol. I wonder if Danielle ever actually loosened up and had fun :p.

Danielle and Shane did look like jackasses last night, we already knew that Danielle is a crazy but Shane acted like a five year old who didn't get his way so he took his ball (vote) and went home, come on Ken doll get over yourself already.

I bet that production crew threw a party themselves because they don't have to listen to Danielle go into story time about her life and Ian swinging in the hammock.

carriecountrystar

I knew Dan wanted Ian to be his final 2.

"Big Brother 14" came down to Dan and Ian in the finals, with Ian pulling out a 6-1 win over the former BB champion. Dan tells Zap2it that he was a little surprised it wasn't closer.

Were you surprised at the votes? Because we were surprised.

"The one vote that really kind of was my nail in the coffin was Jenn's. I thought I had her because I thought there was so much dislike between her and Ian. I thought I would have a
shot if I had her vote, so when her key came out and said 'Ian,' I knew it was curtains for me.

Jenn said in a post-show interview that she thought you played the better game, but that you'd already won once, so she gave the money to Ian.

"Obviously, had I known that information, I might have swayed the jury, maybe have given a totally different jury speech. Not trying to sound cocky or arrogant, I just thought [Jenn and I] had a really great relationship. And she wasn't very fond of Ian.

But I've never sat on the jury, I've never been backstabbed. I would try to vote on the best player, but people vote for different reasons and it's up to me as a player to decipher that, who's going to vote emotionally and who's going to vote strategically."

How much do you think your having won before hurt you?

"Apparently it cost me at least one vote. [laughs] I'm sure it cost me more than that. Keep in mind I'm sitting next to a 21-year-old college student, very likable, underdog type kid and then you have me, someone who's won half a million dollars. It makes it a little bit easier of a sell to give the money to Ian."

Did the level of animosity and holier-than-thou attitude from some of the jury members surprise you?

"A little bit. My first time around, I ticked off a few people, but they really looked at the game and I was able to snag seven votes. I didn't think I was going to snag seven, but I thought a few people wouldn't be as personal when they voted. But it's something I misjudged."

Were you really going to take Danielle to the Final 2 if you won HOH?

"Knowing what people have told me now that I'm out of the game, of course I would have! At the time, I thought I stood a better chance against Ian because I thought Danielle was very well-liked by the jury, at least to my knowledge. But not knowing, honestly I would've taken Ian. We figured we each had like two votes going into it and we'd just see how it played out."

If it wasn't you, who do you think deserved to win Big Brother 14?

"I think Ian was a great candidate. He played a good game. He did what he had to do, won some competitions and jumped from one alliance to another. He's definitely a worthy winner. One of the things when I sit back and watch the other seasons, I want someone to win who played the game and you can say that about Ian."

Would you ever go back in the house again?

"Having my wife let me miss our one-year wedding anniversary to go back a second time around, plus to come in and prove what I had to prove, I think this is the perfect time for me to take my wife by the hand adn ride off into the 'BIg Brother' sunset. At this point, what do I have left to accomplish? But -- never say never."

I can't believe the level of animosity the juror felt towards him. I bet if any of them had the smarts to come up with ANY of the plays Dan made, they would have been so full of themselves over it. Seeing everyone get on their "holier-than-thou" attitudes was unbelievable. Come on, it's a GAME. Just like if you're playing ANY other game such a Monopoly/Settles of Catan/Chess- if you have a chance to "steal" or "kill" someone and mislead them, you'd be dumb not to. OR if you tackle someone on the streets, yeah, you'd probably be arrested but if it's done of the football field, you'd be applauded. The moves that you pull in a GAME within the boundaries of a GAME is just that and not real life. If they had any respect for the game they were ALL playing, they'd have voted for Dan. Jealousy much? SMH

I've watched Dan's previous season recently and boy am I impressed. He played quite differently last time but both times he was brilliant. It's quite impressive how he managed to not only survive this season but also pull the biggest plays as well. Even Dr. Will - arguably the best player infamously known for his lying- couldn't last till the finals the 2nd time he came back (though I'll still give him credit since it was the All Stars season).

JB172

I can't believe the level of animosity the juror felt towards him. I bet if any of them had the smarts to come up with ANY of the plays Dan made, they would have been so full of themselves over it. Seeing everyone get on their "holier-than-thou" attitudes was unbelievable. Come on, it's a GAME. Just like if you're playing ANY other game such a Monopoly/Settles of Catan/Chess- if you have a chance to "steal" or "kill" someone and mislead them, you'd be dumb not to. OR if you tackle someone on the streets, yeah, you'd probably be arrested but if it's done of the football field, you'd be applauded. The moves that you pull in a GAME within the boundaries of a GAME is just that and not real life. If they had any respect for the game they were ALL playing, they'd have voted for Dan. Jealousy much? SMH

I've watched Dan's previous season recently and boy am I impressed. He played quite differently last time but both times he was brilliant. It's quite impressive how he managed to not only survive this season but also pull the biggest plays as well. Even Dr. Will - arguably the best player infamously known for his lying- couldn't last till the finals the 2nd time he came back (though I'll still give him credit since it was the All Stars season).

It is a shame that the jury voted more against Dan than they did for Ian with the exception of Brit who I think was going to vote for Ian no matter what, but on the bright side Danielle didn't get anything and if Dan had to lose at least it was to Ian.

Dan's "funeral" then his masterful eviction of Shane were two of the greatest moves ever done on BB.

maddkat

Staff member

but in all those games you mentioned your opponent doesn't get vote whether you win or not.
Dan needed to take that into consideration and I don't think he did.Seems he just thought they would all marvel at his game play and forget what he did.That's part of the game play.Stabbing them all without them holding a grudge. Ian did it.

JB172

Dan might not have won the 500k, but he did give us this. LOL

bb14-epi28-danielle-shocked-hdr.jpg

thaifood

Either one would have been well deserved. I was pulling for Ian all season so I am happy. When Danielle asked the question about the Fial 2, that may have sunk Dan if everyone else felt they also had final 2 agreements with him.

carriecountrystar

but in all those games you mentioned your opponent doesn't get vote whether you win or not.
Dan needed to take that into consideration and I don't think he did.Seems he just thought they would all marvel at his game play and forget what he did.That's part of the game play.Stabbing them all without them holding a grudge. Ian did it.

Absolutely.I think Dan gave the jury too much credit into thinking that they would be able to vote base on gameplay and not on personal/emotional feeling. As a result, he did not take that into as much consideration in his speech as he should have.
This season's jury seemed particularly emotional. As far as I've heard/seen from past seasons, some, if not most of the best players among the winners (Dr. Will, Rachel, and etc.) were the most hated among the jurors -because of how badly they got owned- and yet they were still able to work past their bitterness by the end of the day and vote for the best player.

Dan had a lot more going against him in this game the 2nd time -with the combination of his age and vulnerability as the veteran (note he was the only coach who survived), as well as the fact that he had already won before. Like him or not, Dan DOMINATED this game and owned everyone. He's the winner. The way he played this game was mind-blowing and right up there with Dr. Will. In fact, Dr. Will texted him to say just that which is pretty darn awesome. :D

Check out this interview below: Dan Gheesling on losing 'Big Brother 14': 'That's a kick in the pills, huh?' - Poptropolis - The Detroit News

Dearborn’s Dan Gheesling nearly pulled off the biggest win in “Big Brother” history on Wednesday, a win which would have undoubtedly earned him the title of best “Big Brother” player ever. But when the final votes were tallied, he ended up on the short end of a surprisingly lopsided 6-1 vote, dropping the show’s $500,000 prize to engineering student and “Big Brother” superfan Ian Terry.

We spoke to Gheesling by phone from Los Angeles after his loss about his gameplay, where he went wrong and his plans going forward.

1. 6-to-1. What happened?

That’s kick in the pills, huh? I can’t really explain it. My whole goal was to just fight and claw and scratch my way to that final two spot, and I thought sitting in that chair I’d have a chance to sway a couple votes and then see what happened. Obviously I knew the way I got there was definitely going to hurt me, but I didn’t think it was going to hurt me that bad. The vote that I saw come out of the box that was really the nail in my coffin was Jenn. I thought at the end of the day we had a really good relationship and I knew she didn’t really care for Ian, and I thought I could count on that vote. And when I saw that Jenn voted for Ian, I knew it was pretty much wrap city for me.

2. Were you surprised at the outcome?

I guess in hindsight, knowing all the information I know now and looking at it from a different perspective, you have a 29-year-old guy who’s won the game before and has had some success sitting next to an underdog 21-year-old college student with loans to pay off. It’s a pretty easy sell from the outside looking in. I think I probably miscalculated that and didn’t take that into consideration as much as I probably should have.

Blood up to his elbows. (CBS)
3. Where did your game go wrong?

I don’t know exactly if I would say it it went wrong anywhere, because the game that I had to play wasn’t very conducive to rallying votes in the end. In season 10, I knew people were mad at me, but in my speech with them I knew they weren’t that bitter, and I knew I had a shot to convince them. I was hoping for the same thing with this jury. I just didn’t anticipate so much bitterness, and I couldn’t even win over one or two votes that could have possibly swayed the whole thing. I didn’t see that coming.

4. How was everyone acting toward you last night after the finale?

I didn’t get too much chance to talk to too many people, just because it was so busy. And at the wrap party I was talking to the people behind-the-scenes. I talked to Danielle a little bit, she hasn’t said anything to me as of yet. I talked to Kara, Kara was awesome. I didn’t talk to Shane very much. Real quick I did try to pull Frank aside right after he won the money. I said, “Frank, are you mad at me?” He said yeah, a little bit, which is understandable. But I knew these new players especially are going to need a little help decompressing and getting back to the real world, and as long as they know I’m there to help them regardless of how they feel about me, that’s all I can do. I don’t have any ill will towards any of them.

Danielle Murphree. Not the happiest. (CBS)
5. Danielle seemed pretty upset at the finale.

That’s what people are telling me. I spent a couple minutes with her this morning and she hasn’t said anything. I’m sure she’s going to have a rough go-round with some things. And like I said, I’m going to be here to help her out with any of the rough times. Because now that the game’s over, I’m back to just being me. And you know how I am in my real life, I don’t host my own funeral on a daily basis, and I don’t stab people in the back.

6. What do you mean when you say Danielle “didn’t say anything” to you?

It was very cordial talk. It was just me, my wife Chelsea and her. I asked her how she was doing, she said she didn’t sleep very much. I didn’t sleep at all last night either. But it’s part of the decompression process. She didn’t really disclose any displeasure in me thus far, maybe she will in the future, and I would anticipate that and I would expect that.

7. How do you feel about Ian’s win?

It’s good. At the end of the day, as a fan of “Big Brother,” I like to see people win that at least play the game. Ian wasn’t a floater, he played a pretty good game. He won a bunch of competitions. I can’t really knock his game. Obviously… (trails off). I don’t want to say anything bad. He played a good game and he was a deserving winner.

8. Are you excited to watch this season?

Yeah, very much so. I think just to see how things were put together in the DR (diary room). It’s going to be an interesting edit for me to watch, because the first time around, I got a very good edit. This time around, I knew things I had to do, I might be painted in more of a villain-type role, which I can accept. I took the knife out and I can deal with the scars that are going to get exposed.

9. How did it feel when Janelle said at the finale it would be a travesty if you didn’t win?

Janie (CBS)
That’s huge. Janelle is one of the best players to ever play this game. It made me feel good to hear that from such a competitor like Janelle. It made me feel really good about how I played. Last night on Twitter, the support for me was overwhelming and wild beyond my dreams. Twitter wasn’t around that much in season 10, and I’m just getting constant tweets of “you got robbed” and this and that, and “you played a great game.” One in particular that I laughed at was someone sent me a tweet and said I got “Hantzed,” and I knew right away what they were talking about. Russell Hantz played “Survivor” twice and he played an incredible game, but he had to deal with a bitter jury so he didn’t win, and obviously I can relate to how he feels.

10. Going back to the beginning of the season, why did you pick such a weak team?

Right away, I liked Kara off the bat. When you walk in the house with 16 people, the only thing people are doing are spilling their guts and running their mouth about how great they are. And here I saw Kara, and she was sitting back, listening, and letting people talk about themselves. I liked that a lot about her from day one. She was reserved, and I knew she was smart. I told her last night I was the most disappointed in myself with her. I feel like I really let her down and I felt like I could have done more to coach her up to stay in the game and she was nothing but smiles and happy for me. But I really felt Kara had a potential to go very deep in this game.

11. Not quite the Dream Team: Dan with Kara, Jodi and Danielle. (CBS)
When I drafted Danielle it was between her and Willie. And Danielle came up to me very overbearing, but I knew she really wanted to play for me. Kind of like in football, you can get any kind of talented player, but the ones that really want to play for you are going to go that extra mile, so I wanted to roll the dice on her. I didn’t pick Willie because I knew who he was. He wasn’t straight up with me. But on top of that, when I went to pick my second round, his body language was completely tilted away from me and he was looking only at Britney, so to me that made my decision for me. And obviously, picking fourth out of the entire draft process means I was going to pick last, so I didn’t really get to pick Jodi.

12. When you say you knew who Willie was, do you mean as a person or as a Hantz?

Hantz (CBS)
I knew he was a Hantz. I saw him right away and I asked him, and he came up with some lie that, “oh, people confuse me with Russell from Survivor all the time,” and I’m thinking, “no they don’t.” And then when I saw his picture on the memory wall, and I was thinking, that’s Russell Hantz incarnate. And the thing was, if he would have told me, that would have only helped him, because I know the genes he was coming from, and I would want to play with that type of a player.

I don’t fault Britney, but at the same time I feel like if I would have picked Willie, Willie needed a coach that was gonna put a leash on him and really ride him hard and guide him, and I think Britney being his coach was not the best match because Willie wasn’t going to listen to a lot of people in that house, and he certainly wasn’t going to listen to Britney. And I just feel like I wish I had the opportunity to coach him up and ultimately I didn’t pick him, so it was my decision. But I think Willie could have been a great player under the right guidance.

What would you change if you could change something in the house?

I guess the only thing I would change is maybe, in hindsight, maybe a little bit of the jury speech. Maybe I wouldn’t focus so much on trying to play to the egos of people and really explain myself a little more. But even so, I played this game with no regrets and no fear. I really look back at everything I did and I can’t find anything that would have really changed this outcome.

Would you have thrown less competitions?

No, because some of them I threw, some of them I just flat out got beat. I’m 29-years-old, and my legs don’t work like they used to, and the physical competition this season was unlike anything I’ve ever gone against and maybe ever seen in the show. There were some great physical competitors I knew I couldn’t compete with, but I still had to get them out of the house. And if I couldn’t beat them, it’s not like the saying, “if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.” My saying is, “if you can’t beat ‘em, you gotta stab ‘em.”

Did you throw the final HOH last night?

I did not. Contrary to popular belief, I just got beat. The one that got me, and got me a little bit rattled, is Britney’s. Because she talked a lot about how much she hated the name “Quack Pack,” but what I overlooked is the fact that Julie said verbatim, something like this, Britney’s quote was, “I was embarrassed to say the Quack Pack, like, 1,000 times.” Well, Britney’s a very eloquent speaker, she doesn’t drop the word “like,” and that’s what I overlooked. So at that point I got a little rattled, and I’m going against the brain in Ian, so I really had no room for error.

Britney was a huge fan of yours and talked a lot about your gameplay and how much she appreciated it. Were you surprised that you didn’t have a vote from her in the end?

Brit (CBS)
I think that was a little “Big Brother” production magic. Because when people told me she was defending me in the jury house, I was extremely shocked, because her and Ian were like Mickey and Minnie Mouse. They were inseparable. I knew she had promised him her vote. I knew that was the one vote there was no chance I could get, and I was cool with that. So to hear that in the jury speech, that’s a little production magic I think.

But even on the feeds there were hours and hours where she was defending you and saying to others they were beat by a great player, etc.

Well that’s great to hear. Because one thing with Britney, heading into this game, on day one, I was like, “why is Britney here?” She got duped by her alliance, she didn’t really play a good game, etc. But after playing with her, she was extremely dangerous and she proved herself. She scared the heck out of me, because she was great at all aspects of the game, everyone liked her, and she saw through the mist, essentially. She was the only one I knew I couldn’t mist, and she’s a great player.

What are your plans now?

For me, it’s getting back with the wife and just spending a lot of time with her and going back to what I love to do, and that’s helping people get on reality TV. On day one Ian came in the house and he told me, “Dan, I read your book, and it helped me get on the show,” and to me it’s like, holy cow! Ashley read the book too. There are a lot of people that want to get on reality TV and they’re super close, they just need a little guidance and a little tutelage, so I want to do anything I can do to help people achieve their goal.

Are you going back to coaching too?

I talked to my brother-in-law this morning who’s a senior, a captain on the team, and St. Mary’s is 2-1 right now, but really it’s going to take me a little while to decompress and I’m not going to rush back into it. But I’m definitely going to be at the games and try to help out as much as possible.

All smiles. (CBS)
Are you done with “Big Brother” now, or will you go back if they ask you back for a third time?

For me, to get to the final two again, I kind of feel like taking Chelsea’s hand and riding off into the “Big Brother” sunset. Because really, at this point, what more do I have to prove? I struggled through this entire game, I pulled off a few miracles, I did what I had to do and I got to the end again, so at this point I feel like it’s great closure in my life. But at the same time, you can never say never.

Had you pulled off the win last night I think you would have been recognized, undoubtedly, as the best “Big Brother” player ever. Will you settle now for being tied with Dr. Will as the co-best player?

It’s funny, he sent me a text this morning. We’ve talked in the past, he knows I have nothing but the utmost respect for him, and he was my idol in this game. So to get a text from Will this morning saying I played “a (expletive) phenomenal game,” is great. He’s like, to do that twice is unbelievable. So to be up there with Dr. Will, I can sit back and be happy with that, because it doesn’t get much better than him in this game.

Anyways, I'm happy for Ian; I liked the kid and am just thankful Danielle got nothing. ;)

ETA: here's an article a reality show specialist - Murtz- wrote up. Takes the words out of my mouth with this long rant. heh. Check it out: Inside Pulse | 10 Thoughts On… Big Brother 14 – Season Finale Review – Dan Gheesling Is The Real Winner

Last edited:

JB172

^^ Chelsea is gorgeous, one night while watching the after dark show Dan mentioned her website, so the next day I checked it out to see what she looked like and she is a beautiful woman.