Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blown Away album era - week 6

teesharky

i hope adele crushes swsrns opening week sales. haha

i will surely be first in line for album 3.

clh_hilary

I don't own the album yet. I probably won't buy it. So that makes it 6,999,999,999.

I don't have it either and I don't think I am going to buy it --so, that makes 6,999.999,998 :):)

Somebody can buy copies for you.

Perhaps HDD is not factoring in the cmt awards bump?

I agree with Manchs. And ever if they did, they wouldn've have expected Carrie to win the Top Prize, with her current single. That's another story.

I wonder how much Adele will sell first week of her next album. 1.5 mil??

Great hold for Carrie !

The female record is currently at 1.3 million copies, hold by Britney Spears' "Oops...I Did It Again", the solo record is at 1.8 million copies, hold by Eminem, the all-time record is at 2.4 million copies IIRC, hold by *Nsync's "No Strings Attached".

ADELE should easily open with over a million copies, and very likely to break Spears' record, and yes, and even 1.5 million copies and beyond. But it's just too early to tell at the moment because there are a lot of factors that could affect her opening: 1. Release week - It could be released in the Thanksgiving week or the week before/on Christmas which will surely give it a big boost; releasing in an absolute quiet week also would help her hype; 2. Release day - It could have a stnadard 6-day opening week, or a 7-day one. Or very well she could open her album on a Friday and make it 3 only; 3. The reception to her new James Bond single - She will have a movie single in year and whether it clicks with the audience would impact her first week sales; 4. Gaps between albums - ADELE at this point could afford a big break but if it comes only ten years later I'm sure a lot of people would have her forgotten; 5. Her lead single - Will it be in line with what she's doing? Will it be a drastic change? Will it limit her audience back to only the Pop audience?; 6. Price of her album - Will it be sold at $3.49 or perhaps at $39.99? Also keep in mind if Google + and Amazon sell her album at $0.25 it will dramatically harm her opening week as those sales won't be counted (for the charts anyway...The impact will be reflected in her bank account); 7. Hype / The public's feelings about her; 8. Promotion; 9. Leaks - If it leaks a week or a month in advance it might help, but if it leaks a few months in advance it won't.

i hope adele crushes swsrns opening week sales. haha

i will surely be first in line for album 3.

If you mean ADELE's third vs Swift's fourth I'm sure the former will crash her, even perhaps with 3 days of sales versus 7 days of sales. If you mean crashing "Speak Now", I think it's extremely likely if things go normal for ADELE.

Do we know when Adele's next album will be out? Will it be this year yet?

Definitely not this year. More likely next year or the next.

Pi314CA

Hey clh_hilary: An observation for you - Madonna's MDNA album has gone from 350k to <2k in weekly sales within a couple of months and drops out of the Billboard 200 chart!

teesharky

haha yes i was talking about Adele's opening week numbers for album 3 versus swsrns opening week numbers for album 4. :)

jptexas

What's up with Adele's sales? I mean, over 9 million? Really. Damn. I like a couple/three of her songs, but the entire cd isn't loaded with all great songs. She has some fillers.

Back in the day, 1985, you had to buy the whole album to get the song you wanted, but nowadays, there's itunes. I could see sales of cds at that level back then, but we do have computers now. Duh.

I'm guessing Carrie will end up selling over double platinum with Blown Away, even in today's market. Just sayin.

hockey2k5

"The female record is currently at 1.3 million copies, hold by Britney Spears' "Oops...I Did It Again", the solo record is at 1.8 million copies, hold by Eminem, the all-time record is at 2.4 million copies IIRC, hold by *Nsync's "No Strings Attached"

I proudly purchased those albums... :)

JB172

What's up with Adele's sales? I mean, over 9 million? Really. Damn. I like a couple/three of her songs, but the entire cd isn't loaded with all great songs. She has some fillers.

Back in the day, 1985, you had to buy the whole album to get the song you wanted, but nowadays, there's itunes. I could see sales of cds at that level back then, but we do have computers now. Duh.

I'm guessing Carrie will end up selling over double platinum with Blown Away, even in today's market. Just sayin.

In this era what she is doing is pretty astonishing.

JB172

I don't mind alan jackson or others taking over the top.

What worries me is the big drops carrie has every week. The cd needs to stabilize soon.

Her drops are normal.

What do you expect her to sell every week? Over 50k?

She is still going to do in the high 20k's to around 30k, being a month and half into the release date those are still great numbers.

jptexas

In this era what she is doing is pretty astonishing.

I agree JB, but the real question is why and how. I know, I know, she's a great singer and songwriter, but THAT good? I can see selling in the mid millions, good for her, but over 9 million.
Phenomenon and astonishing is right.

The thing I'm most happy about her success is that she's doing it with ACTUAL singing instead of auto-tuned, beat blasting, fake sounding, music. You get my drift. Maybe her success will open up the top 40 and other genres to other actual singers and we'll have actual talent being heard and played on radio. I know, I'm optomistic, but these days, you have to be.

bigbluegrl23

I agree JB, but the real question is why and how. I know, I know, she's a great singer and songwriter, but THAT good? I can see selling in the mid millions, good for her, but over 9 million.

The thing I'm most happy about her success is that she's doing it with ACTUAL singing instead of auto-tuned, beat blasting, fake sounding, music. You get my drift. Maybe her success will open up the top 40 and other genres to other actual singers and we'll have actual talent being heard and played on radio. I know, I'm optomistic, but these days, you have to be.

I think its just a lightning in a bottle type thing. we'll see what happens come her next album. If her next album is similar to 21, her sales will slow a bit.
becca

JB172

I think that part of her draw is that not only is she very talented but she is also very likeable.

Gator

I agree. Adele is very talented, likable, real and unapologetic. She is the WYSIWYG kind of person. I respect that. You don't have to agree with everything she says, but you know it's 'her', and not some facade, like some artists.