Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blown Away On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

Marv

A brand-spanking new country station http://www.1061thetwister.com just launched today at 12 NOON in Tulsa, OK having abandoned the 'Gen X' format, and 'Blown Away' was the very first song played.

How does that grab ya, sports fans???????

supercarriefan

A brand-spanking new country station http://www.1061thetwister.com just launched today at 12 NOON in Tulsa, OK having abandoned the 'Gen X' format, and 'Blown Away' was the very first song played.

The website also has a link to Carrie's iHeart performances on the front page :).

The site also has a link to the studio version the new Tim McGraw song. Um...it's not as terrible as I was anticipating :p. He is capable of so much better, though. I don't think that the play on words works in this song at all. The melody in the bridge reminds of a little of Lauren's Georgia Peaches lol.

Pi314CA

How appropriate! This station "Twister" plays Blown Away as their first song!

Radio info:

Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Tulsa's new country "Twister" arrives in time for the 4th

Clear Channel's KTGX, Owasso, Oklahoma (106.1) lasted 2-1/2 years as 90s-based "Gen X Radio." The Oklahoma Board of Radio-Info.com has been rumoring a flip to country as "Twister," and this morning the stunting began: Christmas music, all-Springsteen "Boss Radio," the audio from the movie "Twister," and teases about a change. The new identity is already on the website, here. As Gen-X Radio, KTGX has dropped 2.4 to 2.3 to 1.8 with age 12+ AQH shares, since the Winter Arbitron quarterly book. Doing mainstream country, it would be competing with Cox Radio's KWEN (an 8.2-share in the Winter book, ranked #2) and Journal's KVOO (a 6.7 share).

keepplayingon2

I am going to bold and capitalize the rest of this comment because that is how awesome it is....

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, CHILDREN OF ALL AGES FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER CARRIE HAS A SONG THAT IS CHARTING ON UK SINGLES CHARTS, CURRENTLY AT 155. THE SONG IS BLOWN AWAY.

Blown Away (album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.zobbel.de/cluk/120630cluk.txt

Ummm, I'm not sure, but I think IYH made it into the UK with a very very low peak.... I'm not sure though.

Ann055

Ann will be excited about that!! There is a Twister in Ok City too I think!

I'm very excited...I already tweeted them this morning & they tweeted me back...lol!! They're in my town & I didn't even know there was a station here...haha

So glad Carrie tweeted them...YAY!! They are following her too, unlike the other stations in Tulsa...boo to them!!

liveasong

I edited the sound of Blown Away to make it sound like it was playing on the radio and it sounds amazing! :p

LINK: Stalker Friendly (It's the link to my Tumblr, lol)

You guys should listen to it using earphones/headphones or good computer speakers! :) With laptop speakers, you won't be able to hear the difference between this version and the original version of Blown Away.

You can listen to the original version of Blown Away and to this version back to back if you want to compare! :)

Last edited:

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Somehow BA dropped out of the top 50 today. My guess is that it lost some overnite syndicated spins that it got last week and that caused a loss in points. Also it is probably going to be a slow start this week because of the holiday today. On a different note, All Access now has BA under Cool New Music. It appears there is no official radio edit because if you play the song from that page, you will see that it is the full album track.

teesharky

Cool I am glad there is no radio edit. But I really don't feel good about this slow start. Dropping out of the top 50 rarely if ever happens to a new Carrie single. I just don't get it.

Pi314CA

Strange that 128 spins (and AIs and Mediabase's magic points formula) was enough to be #50 yesterday, yet it takes ~200 spins to make #50 today. That's a huge difference.

In looking up the Leaders and Starters stations playing BA, the list is getting longer: :D

Station Market Format TW lw Move ovn am mid pm eve Aud
KKGO-FM Los Angeles Country 26 27 -1 6 1 7 7 5 0.72
KFRG-FM Riverside Country 16 14 2 4 3 3 4 2 0.153
WPAW-FM Greensboro Country 10 0 10 0 0 5 3 2 0.088
KXLY-FM Spokane Country 10 3 7 3 0 2 2 3 0.019
KSOP-FM Salt Lake City Country 7 8 -1 5 0 1 0 1 0.013
WMZQ-FM Washington, DC Country 6 0 6 0 1 1 2 2 0.105
WQYK-FM Tampa Country 5 0 5 2 0 1 1 1 0.035
WFUS-FM Tampa Country 4 0 4 1 0 0 2 1 0.04
WGTY-FM York, PA Country 4 0 4 2 1 1 0 0 0.025
KCCY-FM Colorado Springs Country 3 0 3 1 0 0 1 1 0.008
WSSL-FM Greenville, SC Country 3 0 3 1 0 1 0 1 0.016
KKBQ-FM Houston Country 3 0 3 1 0 0 0 2 0.02
KVOO-FM Tulsa Country 3 0 3 1 0 1 1 0 0.02
WQMX-FM Akron Country 3 0 3 0 0 0 1 2 0.021
WGNE-FM Jacksonville Country 2 0 2 0 0 1 1 0 0.013
KUBL-FM Salt Lake City Country 2 0 2 0 0 0 0 2 0.008
KNCI-FM Sacramento Country 2 0 2 1 0 0 0 1 0.007

maddkat

Staff member
^the new Tim McGraw song - Truck Yeah ( imo an awful song) - moved on to the chart at #36, getting the once an hour spin treatment yesterday.I assume that's what pushed BA out of the top 50.

SoulDemiuges

I don't know the first thing about country music, but isn't the truck thing used way too often? It seems like such a bland stereotype...like they're trying too hard.

supercarriefan

^the new Tim McGraw song - Truck Yeah ( imo an awful song) - moved on to the chart at #36, getting the once an hour spin treatment yesterday.I assume that's what pushed BA out of the top 50.

I can't even stand the Clear Channel deals that go on anymore. This is the second song in the last few months that has Tim's name attached that got an hourly spin deal.
I get that Big Machine is trying to give Tim's first single with them the star treatment, but it's ridiculous. I also have to wonder if they struck this deal to ensure that Truck Yeah ended up ahead of the Tim single that Curb released to radio.
I'm just happy to see that BA is getting played by numerous stations without some crazy radio deal. It is being played on its own merit. I have no doubt that it will get back into the Top 50 very soon. The bottom of the Mediabase chart has been like a revolving door lately lol with the bottom few spots changing almost everyday. Of course, there is also that mysterious Mediabase points system to contend with :p.'

Does Billboard have up any information yet about where BA stands on their chart this week?

maddkat

Staff member
I can't even stand the Clear Channel deals that go on anymore. This is the second song in the last few months that has Tim's name attached that got an hourly spin deal.
I get that Big Machine is trying to give Tim's first single with them the star treatment, but it's ridiculous. I also have to wonder if they struck this deal to ensure that Truck Yeah ended up ahead of the Tim single that Curb released to radio.
I'm just happy to see that BA is getting played by numerous stations without some crazy radio deal. It is being played on its own merit. I have no doubt that it will get back into the Top 50 very soon. The bottom of the Mediabase chart has been like a revolving door lately lol with the bottom few spots changing almost everyday. Of course, there is also that mysterious Mediabase points system to contend with :p.'

Does Billboard have up any information yet about where BA stands on their chart this week?

BA is at # 46 on the Billboard chart this week

Marv

I'm not worried either; I expect a slew of adds next Monday & Tuesday, and while I don't expect it to shoot to #1 in 10 weeks a la 'Cowboy Casanova', another 'Good Girl' style trek to the penthouse would suit me just fine.