Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blown Away On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

carebear4eva

I hear Carrie is thinking of getting a second job as a pizza-delivery person because it seems unlikely that she will be able to support herself on just music anymore. She plans to start training for the position right after she gets off the plane (after landing from sold out performances in 2 continents) and will probably deliver pizzas in her spare time (in between rehearsals for her year-long tour starting this fall).

Times are hard, here in Carrieland :(

thaifood

I hear Carrie is thinking of getting a second job as a pizza-delivery person because it seems unlikely that she will be able to support herself on just music anymore. She plans to start training for the position right after she gets off the plane (after landing from sold out performances in 2 continents) and will probably deliver pizzas in her spare time (in between rehearsals for her year-long tour starting this fall).

Times are hard, here in Carrieland :(

Only veggie pizzas. She's going to be the pizza nazi...No meat for you!

teesharky

I heard BA on sirius highway today. Sounded amazing on radio!

I forget: do spins on sirius count on
Billboard??

thaifood

I heard BA on sirius highway today. Sounded amazing on radio!

I forget: do spins on sirius count on
Billboard??

I heard it on the highway today too. I would think spins count but I don't think there is anyway to get AI from satellite

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Strange that 128 spins (and AIs and Mediabase's magic points formula) was enough to be #50 yesterday, yet it takes ~200 spins to make #50 today. That's a huge difference.

In looking up the Leaders and Starters stations playing BA, the list is getting longer: :D

Station Market Format TW lw Move ovn am mid pm eve Aud
KKGO-FM Los Angeles Country 26 27 -1 6 1 7 7 5 0.72
KFRG-FM Riverside Country 16 14 2 4 3 3 4 2 0.153
WPAW-FM Greensboro Country 10 0 10 0 0 5 3 2 0.088
KXLY-FM Spokane Country 10 3 7 3 0 2 2 3 0.019
KSOP-FM Salt Lake City Country 7 8 -1 5 0 1 0 1 0.013
WMZQ-FM Washington, DC Country 6 0 6 0 1 1 2 2 0.105
WQYK-FM Tampa Country 5 0 5 2 0 1 1 1 0.035
WFUS-FM Tampa Country 4 0 4 1 0 0 2 1 0.04
WGTY-FM York, PA Country 4 0 4 2 1 1 0 0 0.025
KCCY-FM Colorado Springs Country 3 0 3 1 0 0 1 1 0.008
WSSL-FM Greenville, SC Country 3 0 3 1 0 1 0 1 0.016
KKBQ-FM Houston Country 3 0 3 1 0 0 0 2 0.02
KVOO-FM Tulsa Country 3 0 3 1 0 1 1 0 0.02
WQMX-FM Akron Country 3 0 3 0 0 0 1 2 0.021
WGNE-FM Jacksonville Country 2 0 2 0 0 1 1 0 0.013
KUBL-FM Salt Lake City Country 2 0 2 0 0 0 0 2 0.008
KNCI-FM Sacramento Country 2 0 2 1 0 0 0 1 0.007

Because a larger percentage of BA's spins are in the big markets compared to other songs around #50, it needs less spins to crack the top 50. The songs around #50 today have well over 200 spins and just over a million AIs. BA had 128 spins yesterday, but had nearly 1.5 million AIs.

Gator

Finally! After going through 4 other states, I finally got to hear Blown Away! It play right before the fireworks were "suppose" to start but were delayed because of a thunderstorm moving through the area. Thankfully, no associated twisters! Thanks to WWGR 101.9 FM Gator Country!! BA sounds amazing on the radio! :) :)

supercarriefan

Kellie Pickler & Sony Nashville have parted ways.

There has been much discussion about this in the 100 Proof thread over the past week. It's not a surprise that it happened, but it is sad that it occurred on the heels of her best album yet.

Nice numbers for BA. Moving forward!

cyberzoney

Kellie Pickler & Sony Nashville have parted ways.

Kellie thought people wanted a traditional country album. The result - nobody bought it and radio did not play it even though it was considered her best effort. Those who want a traditional album from Carrie may want to reconsider. Why play with success.

Daraebe

Kellie thought people wanted a traditional country album. The result - nobody bought it and radio did not play it even though it was considered her best effort. Those who want a traditional album from Carrie may want to reconsider. Why play with success.

It wasn't that Kellie thought people wanted a traditional album instead it was that is the kind of album that Kelly wants to make. It was risk she was willing to take to make the music she wanted. I hope she finds a label that allows her to continue making the music she enjoys just like Carrie is able to make the music she enjoys making.

A nice start to the BA run

cyberzoney

It wasn't that Kellie thought people wanted a traditional album instead it was that is the kind of album that Kelly wants to make. It was risk she was willing to take to make the music she wanted. I hope she finds a label that allows her to continue making the music she enjoys just like Carrie is able to make the music she enjoys making.

A nice start to the BA run

It makes no difference if Kellie thought it was a good idea or it was her passion. If nobody buys it or plays it, there is no career. I bet she gets picked up by another label but they have her focus on pop country.