Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BREAKING NEWS: Osama bin Laden killed

allamericangirl8

I can't say that anything negative came out of his presidency either.

I do hope he hasn't been inspired by President Hoover. FDR FTW.

bigbluegrl23

You can't tell people what they can and can't post especially when I wasn't speaking to either one of you and said nothing offensive.

can we force you? no... but just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. this is the type of event where the country should be able to come together.
becca T

AIgrl06

We're all entitled to our opinions. Tonight Osama bin Laden is dead, that's all that matters. There'll be plenty of time to debate the politics of this in the future.

Grace_Of_God

Great...now this is going to turn into a debate thread about politics when it should be a happy thread about a good moment in a night for America....maybe we should just close the thread because I dont want to see people argue honestly. I was hoping we could get through this without getting political. (mostly because im like the least political person ever lol) or can we drop the political talk all together?? please? im not asking like to be a jerk i just dont want it to blow out of proportion

buckeyecarriefan

Funny when I heard this on Fox I started to type out a post and it said Obama and I was like wait? I had gotten myself all confused. Well this is the only positive thing that has come out of his presidency and he actually has nothing to do with it.

I'm not starting a political debate here, because they're stupid, pointless, and completely not needed right now. We need to move on, put our allegiances aside, and actual get something done for the benefit of the country.

But to say Obama had NOTHING to do with this is wrong. Just like it's wrong to blame Bush for all the problems of the last 10 years. Had Obama not told them to go ahead and raid the mansion, this doesn't happen, and Osama is still alive.

knewman19

How about you not tell me what to do, and besides I believe it to be the absolute truth.:)

no I won't! this is not about democrates or republicans it isn't about George Bush or Barack Obama it is about our nation coming together as one and enjoying this moment but instead people like you are wanting to continue to divide a nation that needs to come together in moments like this

gocountrymusic

We're all entitled to our opinions. Tonight Osama bin Laden is dead, that's all that matters. There'll be plenty of time to debate the politics of this in the future.

I totally agree with this. Let's PLEASE leave politics out of this because sooner or later this thread will get off topic and it will become a Republican vs. Democrat debate. This moment in history is too important to be overshadowed by that.

allamericangirl8

sorry i agree with knewman.
becca T

Awww! Politics are so fun to discuss! Especially when people get all riled up.

By the way, I recently realized that I'm more Republican than Democratic. D: And Republicans usually annoy me (the ones that don't listen to anybody). I know Democrats have annoying people too, but I run into annoying Republicans more often. xD

AIgrl06

^It's so incredible. I'm just sitting here right now watching the people at Ground Zero. I was debating going up to DC tonight, but I have too much work to do. I hate the end of the semester. Not that I'm getting much done watching CNN right now.

knewman19

^It's so incredible. I'm just sitting here right now watching the people at Ground Zero. I was debating going up to DC tonight, but I have too much work to do. I hate the end of the semester. Not that I'm getting much done watching CNN right now.

so true.... I need to go to bed because I have to be up at 8 but this is just to great of a moment for this country

12russ79

Well this is one thing that Obama wont blame Bush for.....
Great night for our country and JUSTICE has been served!!!

bigbluegrl23

man.. what i would give to be in either of those places. i've never seen such pride for our country, its incredible to witness.
becca T

buckeyecarriefan

Apparently at Ohio State tonight they're doing a special Mirror Lake jump. This is usually ONLY done the Thursday(or Tuesday this last year) before the Michigan football game. Basically it's one big excuse to celebrate and get drunk.

If there was ever an event to celebrate and get drunk about, this is it. I just wish I was on campus for it.

AIgrl06

I love the images of the people on the streetposts in New York and in trees outside of the White House. Such enthusiasm. :)