Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BREAKING NEWS: Osama bin Laden killed

bigbluegrl23

You can't tell people what they can and can't post especially when I wasn't speaking to either one of you and said nothing offensive. I'm not trying to be rude to either of you, but what's done is done an one can't change the way they feel to suit everyone all the time.

Hey I don't think my message sent to you BUT while I def appreciate the apology, I don't want you to feel attacked. I was also just stating an opinion. :)
becca T

buckeyecarriefan

ah geez one comment and you all go crazy. Okay I take it back I take it back. World peace on the Carrie board:)))))) I love Obama:) I love being the sole divider of an entire nation. I rock that way.

Don't take it back though. You said what you said, it's done, and well you live in a great country where freedom of speech is important. You did have the right to say what you did, just like we all had the right to disagree with the timing of it. Everything's cool in my eyes.

gocountrymusic

ah geez one comment and you all go crazy. Okay I take it back I take it back. World peace on the Carrie board:)))))) I love Obama:) I love being the sole divider of an entire nation. I rock that way.

Sorry you don't have to love Obama, sorry if it came across that way. I don't want political from either side overshadowing the hard work that so many soldiers have given their lives to in a War that has kept on going.

epicamends

The War on Terror is definitely not over. Bin Laden had a lot of crazy followers. I fear for the retaliation efforts that I'm sure are already being planned. :/ Keeping the USA in my prayers.

And I would also like to encourage people to be careful in their language surrounding Islam and Muslims. As Obama said in his speech, "Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader, he was a mass murderer of Muslims."

The last thing this country needs is more hate crimes. The strongest country is one that is united.

"no matter what God we prayed to, no matter what race or ethnicity, we were all united as one American family."

Whether you are a Democrat or a Republican, it does not matter right now. This is a historic day that will be celebrated for a long time to come.

jeff

just another fan
The War on Terror is definitely not over. Bin Laden had a lot of crazy followers. I fear for the retaliation efforts that I'm sure are already being planned. :/ Keeping the USA in my prayers.

i have to say that was the first thing that came to my mind when i saw the news. this is far far from over.

bigbluegrl23

And I would also like to encourage people to be careful in their language surrounding Islam and Muslims. As Obama said in his speech, "Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader, he was a mass murderer of Muslims."

The last thing this country needs is more hate crimes. The strongest country is one that is united.

"no matter what God we prayed to, no matter what race or ethnicity, we were all united as one American family."

Whether you are a Democrat or a Republican, it does not matter right now. This is a historic day that will be celebrated for a long time to come.

I'm gonna feel so bad for Obama when people start complaining about troops not coming home now that Osama's dead. we should celebrate, but cautiously so because it's not over.
becca T

buckeyecarriefan

Thanks for the prayers, because I fear we WILL need them. Also keeping our Canadian neighbors in my prayers. You guys are a great ally and a great neighbor to us, and I fear that you guys won't be immune to the retaliatiion either. Hopefully nothing happens in either country and this can be the start of a new, safer life. But just in case, know that we've got your back just like you've had ours.

JB172

Last night was one of those "What were you doing when you heard the news" moments.

The scenes at the White House & Ground Zero were just incredible and when the news came out that it was covert operation I knew that whoever was invoved were badasses, now with it coming out it was the Navy Seals who got him thinking that they were badasses who got him was sure true.

If the far right & far left worked as hard as gettings things done as they do with their CONSTANT b!tching back & forth at one another things would actually get done.

12russ79

The Seals that pulled off this operation while the President played golf are the real heroes right now!! And thank God the President has grown in office and has decided that most of what he critized W for he is now implementing... Its a time to be gratefull that we live in the greatest country on Earth but not to celebrate but to remember the people that died on 911!! And like The Alamo and Pearl Harbor never forget and always remember that no matter how good we are Evil Exists and to always be ready to defeat it in whatever form it takes....
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Last edited:

jptexas

It's a great moment for this country. We needed this guy
Eliminated. He was the "spiritual" leader of al queda
And we've sent the message, mess with us and one way
Or another, we'll get you.

Bt the way: I hope trump won't be asking for the
"death certificate".

Kizmet311

Last night was one of those "What were you doing when you heard the news" moments.

The scenes at the White House & Ground Zero were just incredible and when the news came out that it was covert operation I knew that whoever was invoved were badasses, now with it coming out it was the Navy Seals who got him thinking that they were badasses who got him was sure true.

If the far right & far left worked as hard as gettings things done as they do with their CONSTANT b!tching back & forth at one another things would actually get done.

I was ASLEEP! Can you believe it? I never hardly go to bed before midnight and almost always watch the local 11PM news before I go to bed. But, nope, not last night. Silly me was in the bed at 10:30 or so!

I'll never forget where I was for 9/11, though. I was getting ready for class in my dorm room, senior year of college, and heard it on the radio. I went to my first class that morning and we were all in shock. On my way to my second class, they had tv's out in the hallway of the science building with the news on, and that class was cancelled. To this day, I still get teary eyed or cry when our military is saluted. They do military days at a UK home football game every year and do the flyover before the game - I couldn't help but crying. I am so proud of our country and our military. May God bless them and keep them safe, as they work to keep us safe.

oldyfan

Sorry you don't have to love Obama, sorry if it came across that way. I don't want political from either side overshadowing the hard work that so many soldiers have given their lives to in a War that has kept on going.

A couple of points:
1) The info for the raid came from Guantanamo Bay (pointing to Osama's courier)
2) The success of this goes directly to our military (they put their lives at risk), not to political leaders.
3) The War on Terror is not over, we have a victory but are still engaged in a war.

oldyfan

I'm actually offended by the above statement. We don't need to be told everytime some "RADICAL" Muslim does something against Britain, USA, Bali, or anywhere else how peaceloving Muslims are. There is in fact a small "Radical" fraction inside the Muslim religion...it is what it is. Ignoring it will be to our destruction. Everytime a husband gets caught for domestic violence should we be reminded that all husbands (or wives) are not that way? I think we are smart enough to understand the difference.

PS: Political Correctness can be dangerous, especially when it comes to Radical Islam...and it really calls into question the intelligence of the American people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im so happy he's dead. I know that terrorism is so far from being over but Im so happy this crazy crazy man is dead. I did I research paper about him last year, and he's been traced to over 30,000 murders. He was insane and the world got a little bit better.

Pi314CA

I'm actually offended by the above statement. We don't need to be told everytime some "RADICAL" Muslim does something against Britain, USA, Bali, or anywhere else how peaceloving Muslims are. There is in fact a small "Radical" fraction inside the Muslim religion...it is what it is. Ignoring it will be to our destruction. Everytime a husband gets caught for domestic violence should we be reminded that all husbands (or wives) are not that way? I think we are smart enough to understand the difference.

I too am offended by the bolded statements by President Obama, especially the one about being united as an America family by placing it ABOVE one's belief. President Obama could have left it as America to stay united against terrorists. But don't bring in the part about no matter what god you believe in.

On a very serious note, has anyone read the whole Q'uran and understand its tenets? or researched what the devout Islam faithful really believe as based on the Q'uran? A really sad fact is that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world in large part because one is BORN into Islam... rather than by free will. Many Muslims don't even know in depth what their religion is and about the god Allah. Many women would be extremely turned off if they researched this and find out what is their place in heaven after they physically die.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zman312

I too am offended by the bolded statements by President Obama, especially the one about being united as an America family by placing it ABOVE one's belief. President Obama could have left it as America to stay united against terrorists. But don't bring in the part about no matter what god you believe in.

On a very serious note, has anyone read the whole Q'uran and understand its tenets? or researched what the devout Islam faithful really believe as based on the Q'uran? A really sad fact is that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world in large part because one is BORN into Islam... rather than by free will. Many Muslims don't even know in depth what their religion is and about the god Allah. Many women would be extremely turned off if they researched this and find out what is their place in heaven after they physically die.

I am offened by your statements! I am not going to say anything disrespectful to you because I don't want to be banned from thi site, but your comment is very disrespectful! Have you read the Qu'ran? HOW DARE YOU ASSUME THAT MANY MUSLIMS DON'T KNOW WHAT THEIR RELIGION IS? ALSO WHAT IS THE WOMEN PLACE AFTER THEY DIE? KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

"Bin Laden was not a Muslim leader, he was a mass murderer of Muslims."

As a devoted MUSLIM, I couldn't agree more on this statement! Bin Laden fasley used his religion for his wrong doing, HE MADE THE MUSLIM PEOPLE LOOK BAD! DON'T DISRESPECT MUSLIMS BECAUSE OF THE ACTION OF ONE IDIOT!!!!

Last edited: