Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bruce Springsteen, Carrie Underwood to Perform at Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction!

teesharky

Bruce Springsteen, Carrie Underwood to Perform at Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction!

Credit to Anne for this amazing find! It will air on HBO on May 31st, but it is taped April 10th in NYC!

Bruce Springsteen, Michael Stipe, Chris Martin Will Appear at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction | Music News | Rolling Stone

Glenn Frey of the Eagles will induct his former bandleader Linda Ronstadt, and a unique tribute will be staged to the singer featuring Stevie Nicks, Carrie Underwood, Emmylou Harris, Sheryl Crow and Bonnie Raitt.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has announced further details of the April 10th induction ceremony at Brooklyn's Barclays Center: Michael Stipe is inducting Nirvana, though there's no word on whether or not the surviving members will perform together. Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello will induct Kiss, who opted not to perform after a very public disagreement regarding which members would get to participate. Bruce Springsteen will induct the E Street Band, and they will perform together as well.
Kiss Forever: 40 Years of Feuds and Fury

Coldplay's Chris Martin will pay tribute to Peter Gabriel, who plans on performing. Glenn Frey of the Eagles will induct his former bandleader Linda Ronstadt, and a unique tribute will be staged to the singer featuring Stevie Nicks, Carrie Underwood, Emmylou Harris, Sheryl Crow and Bonnie Raitt. Questlove of the Roots will pay tribute to Hall and Oates, and the duo plans to play at the ceremony. Peter Asher is going to induct Brian Epstein and Andrew Loog Oldham. There's no word on who will induct Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam)

This year's event marks the first time the general public has been able to attend the ceremony in New York City. All previous ceremonies in the city were held at the Waldorf Astoria's grand ballroom. A limited number of tickets have recently been made available on Ticketmaster due to production updates.
An edited version of the ceremony will air on HBO on May 31st at 9:00 p.m.

This is a HUGE deal for Carrie! She will get to perform with LEGENDS to honor a great legend! And she gets to see Nirvana inducted! Woohoo!

We get to watch it on HBO!

maddkat

Staff member
Oh my Carrie, EmmyLou ,Stevie, Sheryl and Bonnie?? In the same tribute? And to Linda Ronstadt??
Be still my heart!

This is gonna be all kinds of amazing!

epicamends

Ahhh so exciting! Obviously as a huge Nirvana fan too, I really hope Carrie takes a picture with Krist, Dave and Pat.

AdamJ

What a great honor for Carrie to be included in the show to honor legends of rock. So proud of her..

Zman312

So this would fall under "special projects"... can't wait to see what else she has in store for us!

pandy

This is a great honor for Carrie. Linda Ronstadt was and is an amazing performer. She has sung many styles of music and with many legends. (of course Linda is a legend herself)

I wish though that this was performed in Cleveland, Ohio where the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame actually is.

maddkat

Staff member
Yes I Was Thinking that too- that this could be one of her special projects. Hopefully more to come as well!

I would guess the All 4 The Hall concert would qualify too.

Maybe Carrie will sing something from Linda's spanish songs repertoire.
That'd be different for her. :)

AdamJ

We were discussing the show in my last class and we all are wondering why Carrie's publicity people does not get these things out so more people would tune in. Someone suggested that Carrie may not want it released but that does not make much sense ----she is a very intelligent lady and being a journalist --she knows how these things need to made public. Confused....

teesharky

I cannot wait to hear what Faraway has to say about this. ( smile) i think she likes Linda right? I love her voice!