Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bruce Springsteen, Carrie Underwood to Perform at Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction!

teesharky

Haha agree! It makes me freak out whenever I think if that! And also carrie will be near Chris Martin of Coldplay- who she loves! Plus she will be there when Nirvanna is inducted. Pretty great!

apparently Kiss is fighting over who gets to perform so no one is performing. Lol what is it about the Rock Hall of Fame that brings out so many egos in bands? Ie Axl rose etc. lol

I wonder if Courtney Love and their daughter will attend?

allamericangirl8

apparently Kiss is fighting over who gets to perform so no one is performing. Lol what is it about the Rock Hall of Fame that brings out so many egos in bands? Ie Axl rose etc. lol

johnny-rotten-hall-of-fame.jpg

gwade82

You have to keep in mind that this is a tribute performance. The moment is not about Carrie, it's about honoring Linda Ronstadt.

Don't misunderstand, I simply meant that she should sing like Carrie sings and not hold back as she has done with other singers. Not that she should purposely upstage the other performers. By being herself is in my opinion the best way to honor Linda Ronstadt, who also had a very big voice. In this way it will be very apparent who is the best. I hope that presents my thoughts better. I always understood what I meant. :)

Gator

And most artists' fans care about awards, probably much more than the artists (hint, hint).

Not me. I'm more excited for the "special" opportunities Carrie has in store for us. Those are more in line with a "Legend". ;-)

DaisyTweets

haha true. Guilty. lol

Aww Tee, the way I look at it, if they're gonna have award shows and give out awards for excellence, there's nothing wrong with wanting them for Carrie. Most of the time she's had the numbers/stats on her side so..... And we already know that she has one of the best, if not the best voice out there. So yeah, what's wrong with wanting her to get awards?????(smiley)

pklongbeach

A majority of Carrie's core fan base seem to be female (maybe as high as 80% - though that's only a guess, without real evidence - maybe we should do a poll one day!)
Also, I post more about female artists - so I guess it's a natural assumption.

The point I made about possible dislike in some quarters is probably exaggerated (as you and others have said). I was a little worried, partly because Rolling Stone Magazine have not shown much appreciation for Carrie (Jann Wenner, the owner of RS was co-founder of the R & R Hall of Fame, and is known for his strong artist preferences and dislikes ). Also when Carrie's name automatically went forward a few years ago, to begin her eligibility years for possible eventual inclusion in the Hall, there were some very nasty comments made by random fans on their message board (which I answered). Some R&R fans will feel a knee jerk hostility to anyone from Carrie's real or imagined background. However, Ann and Nancy Wilson, of Heart, recently made a speech reminding them that there would be no R & R without Country Music

Linda is of part Hispanic heritage. Several generations ago, her German ancestors settled in what was then part of Mexico, and inter-married with local families. They are a prominent ranching family in Arizona, and Linda's Spanish albums were based on songs her father taught her. She's performed in many styles, including a Pop phase, but Country Music was always one of her best known.

This early video shows Linda performing a Hank Williams song, with the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (only two, the lead guitarist, wearing the hat, and the drummer, now remain from this perennially influential band, probably best known to fans here for "God Bless the Broken Road", which Carrie covered)

That Voice! ha ha ha......

I am so glad you chose an early performance. It highlights something that just became obvious to me. Linda is actually the type of singer that Carrie is, and or can be. The natural voice is just so reliable and easily manipulated to do what the artist asks of it. It would seem she can almost sing anthing!

But what makes Linda stand out, and I hope that Carrie can start to focus on, is the idea that she is a musical person and blessed with a voice that will act in any way she wishes.
But instead of just diving blindly into things and "mimmicking" them, Linda spent an entire career focusing her energies on learning and studing the diffent styles she tackled so that they came across with respect and reverence to those who study those styles as well. Linda did not just throw out different albums and styles "cause she could" she did it with a great deal of respect. And it came across in her interpretations of the music.

I think Carrie has the same wealth of potencial. And I would love to see her start to really dig deep into her ability and her interest in singing and musical style and have it come out as educated and thoughtful.
Because of where she has come from off of Idol, Carrie has spent a great deal of time focused on "a Superstar Career". And that takes a huge amount of focus and attention. But it has virtually nothing to do with the art of singing.

I am greatly encouraged that she took the time to learn and study "broadway singing" for SOM. And we can see what an amazing result came from that.
I hope that Carrie can follow a similar path as Linda, where her study of the voice and music and art can create a longterm career that is both "successful" but is honorable to the level of Carries real vocal ability.

Linda R. will be remembered not as a "successful celebrity" or even a Superstar. But as an amazingly talented and well versed Vocalist who gave and sacrificed to stretch and learn the craft that she was blessed with and honored by.

I believe that can be Carries destiny and legacy as well.
(so comparing her singing to taylor swift and miranda lambert makes me a bit queezy) ha ha ha....

pklongbeach

Well, I guess her quotes put what I was trying to say into some perspective.

"I am not particularly bothered with this. I never gave it any thought. I never considered myself a Rock N Roll singer, I just sang it, I have sung many different styles".

"I didn't go to the last several nominations for Grammys either. I don't have anything against it, you just don't do things for those reasons.".

"I don't think they would even know how to reach me!"

"If you are working for prizes, you are in trouble!"

I greatly respect Carrie very hard work ethic while she attempts to accomplish the many things that are set before her by her label, her management, and her "obligations to her past".
But I have said it before and I will proudly say it again, I look forward to the day that it does not feel like she is "playing along" with the country industry and trying so hard to meet their needs!

I would much rather she followed the paths of "artists" like Allison Krauss who focus on the work and art. And if the acolades come, that is just a nice part of it. But not the focus.

As long as it appears that she is working "within the system" for a goal, I will honor that and support her. I will vote and I will campaign.
But I look forward to the day where I don't feel like these awards matter to her.
That they become some afterthough to what is really important. And that is growing and developing her voice and her art.

She has a very long career ahead and I know that time will come. But in the meantime I just get so frustrated that she is judged against celebrities who create spectacles on stage in order to gain Enertainer recognition.

Carrie is a Singer, not a spectacle.

teesharky

Ok guys so this is taping thursday! Cannot wait for pics and maybe videos! I hope we don't have to wait for the hbo release for a video!

Ann055

Nina Truong ‏@TRENDtraveler 6m
Sitting in on Carrie Underwood's Rehersal #unreal

Hummm....someone responded to this tweet & now it's deleted.