Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie on Miranda's new cd - song - "Something Bad"

rainbow1

Looking forward to hearing it!! I'm certain that Carrie did this with a LOT of thought, so I'll trust her instincts! I'll buy it....but not the first week! (wink)

liveasong

Automatic is flopping on iTunes.

It got kicked out of the iTunes Top 100 chart the week it got released. LOL. I hope that Miranda's fans are saving their coins to buy Something Bad...

If they sing it live one day, it'll be fun to watch! Haha. I hope Carrie won't tone down her vocals to match Miranda's

adam1995

This will be great. I hope this is a single and locks up number one easy. Correct me if I'm wrong but that would probably be the first female-female duet at #1 since "Does He Love You". I hope it can become that kind of smash.

In regards to a lead single for album 5, it is only March, and by the way happy birthday Carrie, we have 9 months left in the year we easily could still get music.

This will be a huge hit! I didn't want a country rock duet simply because I am not sure it will work well live,but I know I am in the minority.The article mentions ''several guests'' so I am wondering if there will be more duets with other popular artists.It might be tough to decide the order of the singles,if there are two big collaborations..

epicamends

In speculating with Windmills on twitter, it's possible that "Something Bad" could be the second single from Miranda's new album. "Automatic" is likely to peak around her album release week, and I could see Carrie and Miranda debuting their duet at CMA Fest and the CMT Awards.

Then, Carrie could release her lead single in the fall, with her album to follow in early 2015. Of course, I'd prefer the new album in the 4th quarter this year, but if SB is released as the 2nd single from Platinum then the timing may work out better for the album to release in early 2015.

Farawayhills

We don't know that is is "rock inspired" do we??
It could be a power ballad. OF course that won't go well for Miranda either (quiet, voices!)

We do have Miranda's comment to Associated Press "We're really rocking in country music and we're coming together as a force," Lambert said. "To me, like, if you're sitting on the front row, you might want to scoot back. It's a force. It just feels exciting to me. I'm ready to rock."
--which strongly suggests that she thinks of it as predominantly Rock inspired.
Also, their previous live collaboration was Rock inspired.

Power ballads, I know, are very popular in this fan base, but, overall, Carrie's career suggests to me that she's drawn rather more to Country Rock. Pure power ballads like "Wasted" and "So Small" have actually featured rather less in her major releases than is sometimes assumed, and even less so more recently. I think the first "official" duet recording between the two leading female artists in "new wave" Country will be a high energy song - but more Rock influenced than "Diva" influenced.

Nevertheless, I think this will be a hybrid song, with a distinctly "contemporary" feel. Priscilla Renea is an African-American artist, with a background in R & B and ElectroPop.
The other two writers, Chris de Stefano and Brett James have worked more often with Carrie than they have with Miranda.
To me, that suggests a likelihood of two things - firstly, Carrie is highly unlikely to take a minor, supportive role, as you feared in one of your posts. And secondly, I think it will be a modern, market friendly, and potentially rather innovative sound.

And for those of you with a strong interest in awards, this could be a red hot favourite for Country collaboration of the year, both at the industry shows and at the Grammys.

melvinc

Something bad is definitely something good to all of us here, and on a darker side, i was thinking maybe ML knew that CU can sell singles and album so a duet will definitely ensure Platinum goes platinum otherwise platinum would have been a flop!

teesharky

I am so freakin happy about this! I have wanted a miranda carrie duet for a long time now!

Guys- this doesn't mean we are not getting a new solo carrie single too in 2014. The ad said " new Carrie music in 2014" so I think that means solo material not the duet. I think this is to tide us over till the new carrie single in the fall maybe?

either way great news!

sco

Automatic is flopping on iTunes.

It got kicked out of the iTunes Top 100 chart the week it got released. LOL. I hope that Miranda's fans are saving their coins to buy Something Bad...

If they sing it live one day, it'll be fun to watch! Haha. I hope Carrie won't tone down her vocals to match Miranda's

I am thrilled that they are doing a collaboration. How awesome is it to have the top two females in country music working together? I have no doubt that Carrie will be the consummate professional that she always is and match her vocals to her duet partner so that they blend.

pkc4rls

^ Yeah and would we really expect Carrie to go in and take over the song whether live or on the CD when it is really not her song or album. We would be upset if Miranda did that on a Carrie song/album. But I am sure it is a true duet with plenty of parts by Carrie because I doubt Miranda would ask Carrie to be pushed aside to just being backup vocals so to speak and sco is right in that I am sure Carrie will blend the voices as we would think she would.

sco

*confused* Carrie is at the fore front! She's never left! She's in demand everywhere.
Why would you say she's not? Unless your talking about meaningless awards that are quickly forgotten by everyone but diehard fans.

THANK YOU!!! People who are worried or upset about this really need to ask themselves if they are letting jealousy and resentment cloud their judgement. This is great news. We say we want more women to see success in country music and when the two greatest ladies of country music, who have always done nothing but support each other, decide to work together people are complaining. I just don't get it.

pkc4rls

^ I do agree sco on the "cloud their judgment" idea because some on here judge everything by awards and seem to think that if Carrie is not winning awards, then her career is struggling and that is just silly - silly that we are saying country music awards are the tell all of how a career is going??? First of all, 3/4ths the population could care less who is winning country music awards and probably don't even know who is winning them.

Anyway, this is not a bad thing for Carrie - it can probably only benefit her also.

pklongbeach

I don't think anyones complaining yet, it sounds like 98% are thrilled.

IS there no room for expressing anyones feelings at all, regardless of popularity??

pklongbeach

I still think peoples concerns for Carrie go way beyond awards. She hasn't won country music awards in years, why would anyone be worrying about it now??

And btw, just to remind you of award wins; Carrie just won Video of the YEar at the CMT's and 2 Grammy's for BA.

I don't think the issue with perception has much to do with awards at all.

pklongbeach

*confused* Carrie is at the fore front! She's never left! She's in demand everywhere.
Why would you say she's not? Unless your talking about meaningless awards that are quickly forgotten by everyone but diehard fans.

It sounds like if there was a poll in both the industry and with country music fans for Who was the female in country music who was at the ForFront, you would be surprised by the result.

I would not be surprised by the result, I know exactly who the poll results would show. I think you do to.